Feb 2019 DC Bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
anandamide

New

Feb 2019 DC Bar

Post by anandamide » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:51 pm

I don't see a thread for the February 2019 DC Bar Exam takers.

Thoughts? Worries? When will this mess be over? Somebody hold me. :|

supermario26

New

Re: Feb 2019 DC Bar

Post by supermario26 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:57 pm

I think they said the first or second week of May. The wait is pretty terrible.

anandamide

New

Post by anandamide » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:14 pm

supermario26 wrote:I think they said the first or second week of May. The wait is pretty terrible.
omg. who said that?

supermario26

New

Post by supermario26 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:57 pm

I vaguely remember on the second day when the proctors were collecting scantrons that the lady on the microphone said first/second week of May.

Biskei

New

Post by Biskei » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:01 pm

Looks like DC and NJ are still waiting for results :cry: this is absolute torture.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Natasha_DC2019

New

Post by Natasha_DC2019 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:02 pm

I spoke to a woman from the admissions committee. Apparently, they won't be released until "after the middle of May". That is the exact response I received. :-(

anandamide

New

Post by anandamide » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:00 pm

Natasha_DC2019 wrote:I spoke to a woman from the admissions committee. Apparently, they won't be released until "after the middle of May". That is the exact response I received. :-(
what the F###!!!! :evil:

sleeplessindc

New

Post by sleeplessindc » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:55 pm

Natasha_DC2019 wrote:I spoke to a woman from the admissions committee. Apparently, they won't be released until "after the middle of May". That is the exact response I received. :-(
I wouldn't be surprised if DC is dead last this year and takes nearly three months, especially if it's still digging out from the December 2018 government shutdown. According to JD Advising, these states have already released results:

https://www.jdadvising.com/february-201 ... -by-state/
4/1: Illinois

4/3: Indiana, North Carolina, West Virginia

4/5: Kansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma, New Mexico

4/10 Idaho

4/12: Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, Utah, Wyoming

4/15: Florida, North Dakota, Vermont, Washington

4/16: Arkansas

4/18: Iowa

4/19: Alabam, South Carolina

4/24: New York

4/25: Michigan

4/26: Connecticut, Lousiana, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Ohio, Oregon

bardc123

New

Post by bardc123 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:34 pm

I am having PTSD from thinking about this exam. It is pure torture.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

anandamide

New

Post by anandamide » Wed May 01, 2019 3:12 pm

swearing in is 6/6/19, they just announced it. :shock:

sleeplessindc

New

Post by sleeplessindc » Fri May 03, 2019 7:36 am

anandamide wrote:swearing in is 6/6/19, they just announced it. :shock:
FYI this is not for February 2019 bar exam takers. It's for people who passed and got certified last year: "The Court of Appeals has rescheduled the formal swearing in ceremonies originally scheduled for January 25, 2019. The new date is June 6, 2019." https://www.dccourts.gov/court-of-appea ... admissions

DC's late filing deadline for the July 2019 exam is May 19, 2019. I bet DC will wait until the end to release February 2019 results, like on May 17 (Friday).

supermario26

New

Post by supermario26 » Sat May 11, 2019 6:54 pm

Called on Friday and got the same exact response. You'll find out "after the middle of May." Hopefully late this week?

supermario26

New

Post by supermario26 » Thu May 16, 2019 11:56 am

Anyone hear anything? This wait is pretty brutal, especially without having a known date/time.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Olivia049

New

Post by Olivia049 » Thu May 16, 2019 12:24 pm

supermario26 wrote:Anyone hear anything? This wait is pretty brutal, especially without having a known date/time.
So brutal. Called last week and got the same "mid-May" response others received. CA and GA are releasing results on Friday. If DC doesn't release by then I think it will be the only jurisdiction that hasn't released results...

sleeplessindc

New

Post by sleeplessindc » Thu May 16, 2019 1:56 pm

DC is the only jurisdiction that has not yet released results or announced when it will release results. It will be the last jurisdiction to do so. Dead last.

(HI, AK, and SD have released results. GA and CA are releasing tomorrow. https://twitter.com/BarProfessors and https://www.jdadvising.com/february-201 ... -by-state/.)

So what are the odds that DC doesn't even release results this week?

bardc123

New

Post by bardc123 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:30 pm

Does anyone know if DC will actually post a notice letting us know of the actual release date? I called the past two days and no one picked up the phone.

bardc123

New

Post by bardc123 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:33 pm

sleeplessindc wrote:DC is the only jurisdiction that has not yet released results or announced when it will release results. It will be the last jurisdiction to do so. Dead last.

(HI, AK, and SD have released results. GA and CA are releasing tomorrow. https://twitter.com/BarProfessors and https://www.jdadvising.com/february-201 ... -by-state/.)

So what are the odds that DC doesn't even release results this week?

According to previous posts about finding out after mid May, it could be anytime next week or last week of May.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

anandamide

New

Post by anandamide » Thu May 16, 2019 6:35 pm

im gonna bet with closer to June, like i had heard before :roll:

Eiocerkins

New

Post by Eiocerkins » Thu May 16, 2019 7:52 pm

Longtime lurker here...I called today about 50 times until I finally got someone on the phone. They told me that they are "still getting everything together" and that I should keep on checking the website "over the next week or so."

Y'all, this is absolutely ridiculous. If you are mad or frustrated, know that I am too and I'm here with you in solidarity. I recommend that anyone contemplating taking the DC bar now or in the future simply doesn't. This office is woefully incompetent. It needs to be said. There is absolutely no legitimate reason why we should have to wait until close to June - eight weeks before the next test - to get these results.

bardc123

New

Post by bardc123 » Thu May 16, 2019 11:04 pm

Eiocerkins wrote:Longtime lurker here...I called today about 50 times until I finally got someone on the phone. They told me that they are "still getting everything together" and that I should keep on checking the website "over the next week or so."

Y'all, this is absolutely ridiculous. If you are mad or frustrated, know that I am too and I'm here with you in solidarity. I recommend that anyone contemplating taking the DC bar now or in the future simply doesn't. This office is woefully incompetent. It needs to be said. There is absolutely no legitimate reason why we should have to wait until close to June - eight weeks before the next test - to get these results.

Did the person say if there was going to be a notice ahead of time telling us exactly which day to look? I feel like I need to be mentally prepared for the actual release date. Maybe I'm just weird like that lol

supermario26

New

Post by supermario26 » Fri May 17, 2019 1:43 am

bardc123 wrote:
Eiocerkins wrote:Longtime lurker here...I called today about 50 times until I finally got someone on the phone. They told me that they are "still getting everything together" and that I should keep on checking the website "over the next week or so."

Did the person say if there was going to be a notice ahead of time telling us exactly which day to look? I feel like I need to be mentally prepared for the actual release date. Maybe I'm just weird like that lol
I finally got through to someone right before they closed. The lady I spoke with said that the scores would be released by 5/24 but wouldn't give any further specifics. I guess that'll make Memorial Day Weekend an even better weekend to drink heavily regardless of the outcome.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Eiocerkins

New

Post by Eiocerkins » Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 am

bardc123 wrote:

No, they didn't. The person on the phone told me they could not provide any additional information. But I completely agree - an actual release date would mean I can stop refreshing their home page lol

sleeplessindc

New

Post by sleeplessindc » Fri May 17, 2019 8:40 am

I'm just at a loss to understand why this state bar is struggling so much with the basics. Returning results in a timely fashion is a basic competency. (This long of a wait basically screws over people who didn't pass and would've taken the July exam.) Responding to inquiries is a basic competency. Announcing release dates -- so people will stop making inquiry calls they have to deal with -- is a basic competency.

Applicants have been complaining about the DC Bar for a long time, not just since last December's federal shutdown. Even after the shutdown, the Bar's staff should have known exactly what their workload is and how to adjust for it. The DC Bar isn't some start-up with wildly fluctuating or unpredictable work demands. People's livelihoods and careers are on the line. This situation is beyond frustrating.

Is the issue that they don't have enough funding for enough staff? (Even though each applicant pays a substantial amount for the privilege of applying, so the increase in the number of applications does come with more funding?) I hope journalists do more reporting on what's happening.

bardc123

New

Post by bardc123 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:39 am

sleeplessindc wrote:

I'm just at a loss to understand why this state bar is struggling so much with the basics. Returning results in a timely fashion is a basic competency. (This long of a wait basically screws over people who didn't pass and would've taken the July exam.) Responding to inquiries is a basic competency. Announcing release dates -- so people will stop making inquiry calls they have to deal with -- is a basic competency.

Applicants have been complaining about the DC Bar for a long time, not just since last December's federal shutdown. Even after the shutdown, the Bar's staff should have known exactly what their workload is and how to adjust for it. The DC Bar isn't some start-up with wildly fluctuating or unpredictable work demands. People's livelihoods and careers are on the line. This situation is beyond frustrating.

Is the issue that they don't have enough funding for enough staff? (Even though each applicant pays a substantial amount for the privilege of applying, so the increase in the number of applications does come with more funding?) I hope journalists do more reporting on what's happening.

I agree with this 100%. Even NY which had multiple testing locations released results by late April.

jpeters

New

Post by jpeters » Fri May 17, 2019 10:20 am

Dito to the above post. This is pretty ridiculous. Some bar prep programs are about to begin for July bar already. Many applicants are currently in the situation of having potential employers waiting to hear whether or not they passed the bar. For those in that situation that do not pass, they literally have an almost instant turn around time of having to tell the potential employer they did not pass and need to take the July bar. This not only jeopardizes that potential employment but also, given how late results are being released, means that they are going through that after a bar prep program for the next exam has already begun and they are now starting off late on. This, of course, does not even take into account that someone in that situation would also need to go through the process reapplying and all the other logistics of taking the bar again. Not sure what it will take for DC to change this, but something needs to happen.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”