UBE Study Advice for Attorney Working Full Time

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
darkdaedra

New

UBE Study Advice for Attorney Working Full Time

Postby darkdaedra » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:32 pm

My situation is somewhat unusual. I have taken and passed two previous bar exams (last one in 2015). I just took a job in New York at a big firm and am taking the UBE here in July. (Because my first bar was Louisiana, I'm not eligible to waive in until the end of next year.)

I'm a very good test taker and don't want to waste time studying, as my firm is not thrilled about me taking any time off to study. But I also don't want to risk failing.

I'm fairly sure I can get close to max scores on the MPT and MEE without much studying. Any sense of what kind of percentage I need on the MBE, assuming I hit, say, 90%+ on the other two sections?

Also, if anyone else has been in this kind of position taking a bar a few years in post-lateral, I'd appreciate any thoughts you have.

SilvermanBarPrep

Partner

Re: UBE Study Advice for Attorney Working Full Time

Postby SilvermanBarPrep » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:43 pm

I'd recommend aiming for at least a 140 scaled score on the MBE. Granted, if you score as well as you're hoping to score on the other sections you could pass with a lower MBE score but none of that is guaranteed. Or in terms of percentage, as you're practicing, work towards getting about 70% of the practice questions in any given subject correct. That'll put you in a very good place!

~Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�