Missing Bar Exam Because Unresolved C&F Issues

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Anonymous User

Missing Bar Exam Because Unresolved C&F Issues

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:28 pm

Hi all,

I applied for the July Bar Exam on the first day applications could be submitted, knowing that I have C&F issues that would require review. The Bar application states that all C&F issues must be resolved at least 60 days before the Bar Exam, or else the applicant cannot sit for the Exam. The Bar application also states that early submission does not guarantee resolution of C&F issues prior to the 60 day cutoff.

My question is, has anyone ever heard of someone submitting their Bar application as early as possible and still missing the Bar Exam due to unresolved C&F issues? With only 8 weeks left (10 weeks have passed already) I'm starting to get a little nervous, and I'm going to have an absolute meltdown if I can't sit for the July Bar Exam because the Bar Association needed more than 4 months to complete my background check.

rcharter1978

Gold

Re: Missing Bar Exam Because Unresolved C&F Issues

Postby rcharter1978 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:17 am

What state are you in? I'm in CA and didn't submit my c&f until after I found out I passed (I assumed I had failed so I thought I had plenty of time).

Smiddywesson

Bronze

Re: Missing Bar Exam Because Unresolved C&F Issues

Postby Smiddywesson » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hi all,

I applied for the July Bar Exam on the first day applications could be submitted, knowing that I have C&F issues that would require review. The Bar application states that all C&F issues must be resolved at least 60 days before the Bar Exam, or else the applicant cannot sit for the Exam. The Bar application also states that early submission does not guarantee resolution of C&F issues prior to the 60 day cutoff.

My question is, has anyone ever heard of someone submitting their Bar application as early as possible and still missing the Bar Exam due to unresolved C&F issues? With only 8 weeks left (10 weeks have passed already) I'm starting to get a little nervous, and I'm going to have an absolute meltdown if I can't sit for the July Bar Exam because the Bar Association needed more than 4 months to complete my background check.

With those draconian rules, I'd imagine they make a lot of decisions in the last few weeks before the cutoff. If I were in their place, this is their busy season and I'd push as many out the door as I could. All you can do is treat this as a go and dull your anxiety with a punishing study schedule. Can you call your analyst on a pretest about booking a flight or a room and ask her if your file has a chance of finishing up on time? Ex: "Hey, I hate to bother you because I know you guys are swamped coming into the exam, but I have to make plans if this doesn't have a prayer of being resolved...."

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�