NYLC / NYLE - any need to knows?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
handwritingdoofus

New

NYLC / NYLE - any need to knows?

Postby handwritingdoofus » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:38 pm

Going to get started on the NYLC this week. Just wondering if there is any need to know (non-curriculum) information prior to starting. I've read something about only being able to watch the videos once? I've also read that I should take copious notes as I can refer to these while taking the NYLE? I'm in the UK so out of the US law school loop... any other tips welcome.

QContinuum

Re: NYLC / NYLE - any need to knows?

Postby QContinuum » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:17 pm

handwritingdoofus wrote:Going to get started on the NYLC this week. Just wondering if there is any need to know (non-curriculum) information prior to starting.

Nope!

handwritingdoofus wrote:I've read something about only being able to watch the videos once?

Nope! You can rewatch the videos as many times as you want after you complete the NYLC. (During the NYLC, you won't be able to rewatch any videos you've completed, but once you've completed all of the videos, you will be able to go back and rewatch any you wish to rewatch.)

handwritingdoofus wrote:I've also read that I should take copious notes as I can refer to these while taking the NYLE?

Yes, you can take notes (and can refer to such notes during the NYLE), but there's no need to do so. NY BOLE has prepared a comprehensive outline that you can refer to during the NYLE.

handwritingdoofus

New

Re: NYLC / NYLE - any need to knows?

Postby handwritingdoofus » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:50 pm

QContinuum wrote:
handwritingdoofus wrote:Going to get started on the NYLC this week. Just wondering if there is any need to know (non-curriculum) information prior to starting.

Nope!

handwritingdoofus wrote:I've read something about only being able to watch the videos once?

Nope! You can rewatch the videos as many times as you want after you complete the NYLC. (During the NYLC, you won't be able to rewatch any videos you've completed, but once you've completed all of the videos, you will be able to go back and rewatch any you wish to rewatch.)

handwritingdoofus wrote:I've also read that I should take copious notes as I can refer to these while taking the NYLE?

Yes, you can take notes (and can refer to such notes during the NYLE), but there's no need to do so. NY BOLE has prepared a comprehensive outline that you can refer to during the NYLE.

That's really helpful, many thanks. Is it worth annotating the outline as I watch rather than starting anew?

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�