NY February 2019 Group Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
donexyz

New

Re: NY February 2019 Group

Post by donexyz » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:04 am

Sorry for the long post!

First of all, I have to thank a million to all TLS bloggers for all the support you have given me time and again and encouraged me. There are many TLS people who share valuable information on bar exam study strategies and techniques. Don’t get bogged down by negative comments but at the same time, it is important to set realistic goals and work towards them. Trust Yourself, Because No One Knows You Better Than You Do!!!

If anyone failed, let me tell you one thing that the bar exam is not easy but at the same time it is not impossible. It is an exam and there is a set syllabus and structure to it. Yes there will be few surprises in the exam but there are many that have been repeated and you would know it if you practice well and do past exams. Before I explain how to study, let me briefly tell you about myself.

I am an LLM graduate and an average student. I passed NY on my third attempt, mainly because I did not prepare well and understand how to study for this exam the first two times. I took pieper law review and believe me it was trash. I hated their outlines and mnemonics (not my cup of tea). Finally bought 2nd hand barbri books and I felt really good reading the conviser as I understood the subjects better. Second time I had to take TX bar which was a monster as it was for 2 and 1/2 days. I failed it last July 2018 because I did not prepare sufficiently and had many health issues. I knew how to attack the exam but was really lazy and mentally not prepared to put much effort due to various reasons (still not a good excuse). Then cried for a 1-2 days and vented my frustration on family members but finally started my study journey again. I decided this was going to be my last attempt and was not going to take another exam after this. I then began my study plan which was similar to what I did for my NY bar.

I am sharing this because it might help someone someday. All of us try and use different study strategies and that’s perfectly fine because once you find your strategy it is easy to study. There is no one mantra and it changes depending on the day and our personal circumstances. But overall there are few things common to many bar exam passers and I would like to share them with you.

STUDY SCHEDULE: - SET A PLAN ASAP. finish your venting and start ASAP. study all days or monday to saturday (its your preference). I personally studied all days but sunday was little lighter as I had miscellaneous work to catch up. Time - If you are not working then - between 8am to 6pm. After that my brain was drained and it was hard for me to concentrate because I had to take care of my son. If you are working then I can understand how hard it is to study and work, so schedule as per your requirement. Allot one MBE subject per week or atleast 5 days to study and finish the practice questions. I finished MBE topics first and then started essays. By now you would know your strengths i.e. are you good at MBE or essays or both. I realized I was good at essays than MBE and did my best to memorize essays well :D . KNOW YOUR STRENGTHS and WEAKNESS and concentrate accordingly. Dont give up on MBE but it is a beast. Last 2 - 3 weeks before bar exam is meant for revision only and not for studying new topics. If you can plan it this way you will surely pass the exam because the brain needs time to recollect the 10000 rules you just read the last 2-3 months :D :D . I finished studying and practicing past exams only 2 weeks before the bar exam but still had few minor topics to cover. What I am trying to tell you is that do not start studying civil procedure just one week before bar exam because your brain does not have capacity to store so much information at the last minute :shock: :shock: :shock: . I am talking about average people and not brainies. It's hard but give yourself 2 weeks to revise/recollect this load of material. As many say bar exam is a marathon. So you have to prepare for this exam atleast 2-4 months before the real exam. I took 4 months to study both the times I passed but it depends from person to person.

A. MBE: I seriously think this is the tough part of the bar exam mainly because you learn as you practice more and not just by studying the outlines. and the real exam always feels awful (atleast to me).
1. Reading material: You must understand what you read, so pick materials that simplify this process. I really love barbri conviser for MBE. Well prepared. I personally did not like Kaplan or pieper (but its your preference end of the day). IF you have time add Emanuel as it is very helpful.
2. Outline: please buy it from seperac or get it from someone. Do not waste time preparing from scratch. I used seperac outlines as my main draft and started editing them based on what I read from conviser and practice exams. I edited some parts because it just helped me understand better (may be added more explanation on certain areas or deleted few that I thought irrelevant). So make changes as per your requirements. I personally think SEPERAC outlines are the BEST because his outlines reflect barbri conviser, barbri outlines and ncbe past exams. Even other bar preps don’t have such good outlines.
3. First Practice: DO NOT SKIP. IT IS IMPORTANT TO PRACTICE AND THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO PREPARE FOR MBE. Study one subject at a time. I took I week per subject but you decide based on your schedule. After you study and make an outline on one subject take the practice exam relating to that subject immediately. Do not delay as you will need time to revise and refresh your brain several times on these topics. I used Kaplan practice questions for my NY bar, and used Barbri and emanuel for TX bar. I even purchased adaptibar but I was very uncomfortable studying them online. So I stuck to studying from books than online. I did barbri and Emanuel this time. Both these books were good for practicing. I took 18 questions every time (barbri divides them into 6 sets) and read the explanation for all the questions. I probably did 36 or 54 questions per day. Please do not skip reading the explanation just because you got them right. Also make changes to your outlines as you learn more from your practice exams.
----- After reading alll explanations, I retook the same exam and wrote the relevant rules for every questions. So it was like a double revision. It was exhausting but that's how I could remember the rules.
4. Read and memorize your outlines once: This is the hard bit because you must have studied a subject one month before and you have to refresh your brain now. It’s hard but do it. Memorize and write your outlines and see what you missed (off course we cannot remember everything).
5. Second practice: After you finish memorizing the outlines then start taking mixed questions. You can use barbri midterm/final or ncbe questions. Again, make changes to your outlines if needed. Finally, concise your outlines and keep a photographic memory of them.
6. NCBE questions: are good. If you have the time just do them. I had time to do just one OPE and honestly, I was getting mentally exhausted (and it happens to all of us ). But when I did actual MBE, I really felt the OPE were very close to real MBE questions. I really wished I practiced but did not have time.
7. Final: after exhausting all practice exams. Just look at your concised outlines and memorize!!!! By now all those topics will be hovering in your brain .
8. Last 2 weeks before the bar exam: Memorize and take mixed mbes - may be 10 or 17 a day. depending on your time.
9. Simulated final MBE: please complete this by end of Jan (if taking Feb) or June (if taking July). If you are scores are low then you have time to improve. Do not take simulated mbe last one week before the exam because you have very little time to improve.
10. Simulated score and actual score: my barbri final was 101 (50%) and actual mbe was 131. Not a good score but I passed because of essays.
11. Totally practiced: 1200-1400 approximately

B. MEE or Essay: - most predictable if you practice past exams
1. NY bar exam material: barbri was great.
2. TX bar exam material: barbri lecture notes were bad. Conviser was ok but too long. So I chose - Tackling the Texas Essays: Efficient Preparation for the Texas Bar Exam (its on amazon) and it was an excellent book. Since there are 12 essays, this book deals with specific topics that will be questioned. For example, in real property they only test you on mortgage, foreclosure etc and not much on present estates or servitudes.
3. Outline: For NY, I used seperac outlines. For TX, I used tacking the essays book. Read outlines and memorize them.
3. Practice real past essays: If you are good at essays you can just read them. If not, then practice past essays for the last 5-6 years. Some people even do 10 years but I just couldn’t do so much. Print the questions and sample answers for all topics from the state bar websites. I did not like barbri essay book as their answers are too exhausting and believe me its hard to write so much in 30 mins. The actual sample answers in the state bar website are more realistic.
4. How to practice: First, read the question. Then, read the answer. Now read the question again and write the answer. Compare your answer and sample answer and see what you missed. Repeat this for 2-3 questions and believe me you will automatically know how to attack these essays. Also, make an outline of these essays answers. You will soon realize that the bar examiners do repeat the essay questions – atleast 70-80% is repeated. There will be 10-20% that may surprise you but overall this exam is lot more predictable if you practice past essays.
5. Last 2 weeks - I prepared final outlines and memorized them and then practiced the questions again but this time, I just outlined the answers as I could recollect the answers well.

C. MPT: Practice, practice. I did not get enough time and I just did 2 MPTs. Any MPT material is ok. You need to practice to understand what the examiners may expect. Use NCBE past exams for better understanding. You dont know what may come but practicing the format of memos or briefs will help.

D. P & E: This is specific to TX. Find outlines for TX Civil Proc, Crim Proc and Evi. Do past exams and you can easily pass this portion of the exam. I did about 6 past exams and 90% of the exam is repeated. 10% might surprise.

If anyone wants outlines that have been passed to me by past TLS candidates then message me and I will send them to you. Some outlines were helpful and some were not but having them is useful.

Good luck and you can do it!!!!!!!!!!

pizzaman22

New

Post by pizzaman22 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:05 am

I passed 02/19! Foreign qualified lawyer with no formal US education. To study for the exams, I didn't use any commercial course provider as I found them too expensive. Instead, I relied extensively on the Rigos Primer Series (MBE Vols 1 and 2, MEE and MPT) - approx US$380 in total if you purchase them off Amazon. I started studying in December 18 and work FT with 14 hour days so the conciseness of the materials was very important to me. I personally feel that I wouldn't have been able to complete a full Barbi or Kaplan course (which would have stressed me out), and that its important to stay focus on what's necessary to pass. Just my two cents.

khan123

New

Post by khan123 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:06 pm

Your post is really helpful.

Thanks for a detailed note.

If you could send me outlines/questions whatever you think is important please feel free to send it to me at my email:
guryakhan123@yahoo.com

Appreciate it.
Khan123

rsta88

New

Post by rsta88 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:18 am

Anyone willing to share Adaptibar discount code ?

Thanks

Joy

New

Post by Joy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:57 pm

JBNYC wrote:
lenismom wrote:Borrow Emmanuel's S&T book from the public library. Not sure where you are located but as I mentioned above, I Queens Public Library got a few copies on rotation.

Ihighly recommend that book and bar prep hero (free mbe practice qs).

Best of luck -- 2 months dedicated to it (even with PT) is definitely do-able -- piece of advice: do something bar-prep related everyday (even if you feel you are soooo tired) it definitely helped me! :D
Joy wrote:wbCongratulations to bar passers and do not give up those who failed! I wish all the best to your future endeavors to all of you.

May I please ask a few questions from both of you groups?

I'm a foreign trained attorney and did my LLM in the US. I'm planning to sit for July 2019 NY bar and I would sincerely appreciate your guidance and precious advise on my following questions:

1. Do I have time to prepare enough for July 2019 NY bar if I start from 1 May with part time job that is 2 days a week (if required, I can get leave from my job and study full time)?
2. I purchased Barmax and I have some materials from Barbri 2013. Should I get supplemental materials? If yes, should I get full set of prep courses like Barbri, Kaplan etc or maybe can I just get some part of them (I was wondering if I should purchase some used materials from you guys.... the full package is expensive). Also there is a Barbri courses for 8 weeks prep, did any of you use it? How worth is it?
3. In terms of timing strategy, how should it be like? How many hours should I dedicate in total per day? How much of them for MBE and how much of them are for MEE and MPT etc?
4. For study strategy, which subject should I focus more?
5. Any other tips or tricks?

I really want to pass it. I'm currently in NYC and would appreciate to go and see any of you to get your advise. I can come wherever you are and will not take your precious time much but only 10 mins or so.

Thank you so much all.
Joy
Joy I have to agree with Lenismom - Emmanuel's S&T book really helps. A new 7th edition of the book is actually launching on 16 May if you want to check it out (https://www.wklegaledu.com/emanuel-mbe7). But in the meantime, reviewing a library copy of the 6th edition will give you a pretty good sense of what it will look like.
Thank you so much Lenismom and JBNYC. Can you please clarify about the library? Is it Queens public library? Is there any other public library which has resources? Also would you sell your materials? Could you please answer my question # 2 above? Thank you so much. Advises from all of you guys are so helpful. It might be a few minutes writing but believe me it does give a great encouragement and hope to those who are anxious and hopeless at some point. Keep writing. Best of all in your future endeavors. Joy

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lenismom

New

Post by lenismom » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:05 am

Joy wrote:
JBNYC wrote:
lenismom wrote:Borrow Emmanuel's S&T book from the public library. Not sure where you are located but as I mentioned above, I Queens Public Library got a few copies on rotation.

Best of luck -- 2 months dedicated to it (even with PT) is definitely do-able -- piece of advice: do something bar-prep related everyday (even if you feel you are soooo tired) it definitely helped me! :D
Joy wrote:wbCongratulations to bar passers and do not give up those who failed! I wish all the best to your future endeavors to all of you.

I'm a foreign trained attorney and did my LLM in the US. I'm planning to sit for July 2019 NY bar and I would sincerely appreciate your guidance and precious advise on my following questions:

1. Do I have time to prepare enough for July 2019 NY bar if I start from 1 May with part time job that is 2 days a week (if required, I can get leave from my job and study full time)?
2. I purchased Barmax and I have some materials from Barbri 2013. Should I get supplemental materials? If yes, should I get full set of prep courses like Barbri, Kaplan etc or maybe can I just get some part of them (I was wondering if I should purchase some used materials from you guys.... the full package is expensive). Also there is a Barbri courses for 8 weeks prep, did any of you use it? How worth is it?
3. In terms of timing strategy, how should it be like? How many hours should I dedicate in total per day? How much of them for MBE and how much of them are for MEE and MPT etc?

I really want to pass it. I'm currently in NYC and would appreciate to go and see any of you to get your advise. I can come wherever you are and will not take your precious time much but only 10 mins or so.

Thank you so much all.
Joy
Joy I have to agree with Lenismom - Emmanuel's S&T book really helps. A new 7th edition of the book is actually launching on 16 May if you want to check it out (https://www.wklegaledu.com/emanuel-mbe7). But in the meantime, reviewing a library copy of the 6th edition will give you a pretty good sense of what it will look like.
Thank you so much Lenismom and JBNYC. Can you please clarify about the library? Is it Queens public library? Is there any other public library which has resources? Also would you sell your materials? Could you please answer my question # 2 above? Thank you so much. Advises from all of you guys are so helpful. It might be a few minutes writing but believe me it does give a great encouragement and hope to those who are anxious and hopeless at some point. Keep writing. Best of all in your future endeavors. Joy

Hi Joy,

Yes, it is the Queens Public Library. If you have a library card (or know someone) you can request to have a copy of S&T delivered in your local queens public library location. I didn't use BarMax or Barbri but it looks like BarMax has enough materials to help you memorize/understand the law (someone please correct me if I am wrong as I just looked at their website). The S&T book is great to practice for the MBE and I used BarPrepHero (it's FREE!) to keep practicing MBE questions (it's great when you're on the train) https://barprephero.com/. As for the MPT and MEE -- do sample exams and check it with the sample answers. You can access FREE copies of the questions and sample answers here. https://www.nybarexam.org/ExamQuestions ... stions.htm

I honestly do not recommend getting so many materials as you might get overwhelmed (that was my down fall in my first try). I think between BarMax, S&T, and the free materials I listed above is more than enough. Just focus on learning the law (making your own outline helps a lot!) and then applying that in the practice MBE and MEE is all you need to do. Also, do not forget practicing MPTs even if just creating an outline of your answers.

I am not a big fan of spending so much money for bar prep materials especially when there is so much free materials around. I believe that the expense or amount of materials is not indicative of bar success -- as long as you are focused, disciplined, and persistent, I think you are going to make it!

Best of luck -- you can do it!

JBNYC

New

Post by JBNYC » Fri May 03, 2019 11:23 am

Following on from Lenismom, I just learned that the 7th edition of Emmanuel's Strategies & Tactics will NOT be released in mid-May as shown on their website, the launch has now been pushed back to November. They are in the process of updating their website to reflect this. So if you did pre-purchase the 7th edition and want a refund, they said to reach out to customer service.
lenismom wrote:
Joy wrote:
JBNYC wrote:

Thank you so much all.
Joy

Hi Joy,

Yes, it is the Queens Public Library. If you have a library card (or know someone) you can request to have a copy of S&T delivered in your local queens public library location. I didn't use BarMax or Barbri but it looks like BarMax has enough materials to help you memorize/understand the law (someone please correct me if I am wrong as I just looked at their website). The S&T book is great to practice for the MBE and I used BarPrepHero (it's FREE!) to keep practicing MBE questions (it's great when you're on the train) https://barprephero.com/. As for the MPT and MEE -- do sample exams and check it with the sample answers. You can access FREE copies of the questions and sample answers here. https://www.nybarexam.org/ExamQuestions ... stions.htm

I honestly do not recommend getting so many materials as you might get overwhelmed (that was my down fall in my first try). I think between BarMax, S&T, and the free materials I listed above is more than enough. Just focus on learning the law (making your own outline helps a lot!) and then applying that in the practice MBE and MEE is all you need to do. Also, do not forget practicing MPTs even if just creating an outline of your answers.

I am not a big fan of spending so much money for bar prep materials especially when there is so much free materials around. I believe that the expense or amount of materials is not indicative of bar success -- as long as you are focused, disciplined, and persistent, I think you are going to make it!

John---

New

Post by John--- » Sat May 04, 2019 12:01 am

Does anybody know what was the subject for MEE 6 in the February 2019 ny bar? Also, if you happen to know the subjects of the others MEEs (1,2.. etc) please, do share, it would be very helpful.

All the best

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Sat May 04, 2019 6:29 am

John--- wrote:Does anybody know what was the subject for MEE 6 in the February 2019 ny bar? Also, if you happen to know the subjects of the others MEEs (1,2.. etc) please, do share, it would be very helpful.

All the best
1: Torts
2: Civil Procedures
3: Partnership
4: Secured Transactions
5: Trusts
6: Criminal Law

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Joy

New

Post by Joy » Sat May 04, 2019 1:17 pm

lenismom wrote:
Joy wrote:
JBNYC wrote:

Thank you so much all.
Joy

Hi Joy,

Thank you so so much Lenismom and everybody else for your generous advise. It's very helpful and gives me hope. I will follow all of advise from you guys. Fingers crossed!

John---

New

Post by John--- » Sat May 04, 2019 7:12 pm

TheJuryMustDie wrote:
John--- wrote:Does anybody know what was the subject for MEE 6 in the February 2019 ny bar? Also, if you happen to know the subjects of the others MEEs (1,2.. etc) please, do share, it would be very helpful.

All the best
1: Torts
2: Civil Procedures
3: Partnership
4: Secured Transactions
5: Trusts
6: Criminal Law

Thank you!

carmodee

New

Post by carmodee » Mon May 06, 2019 8:09 am

JBNYC wrote:

Thank you so much all.
Joy
Unfortunately it now looks like the 7th edition is being released on 16 November 2019: https://www.wklegaledu.com/emanuel-mbe7

khan123

New

Post by khan123 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:24 pm

Hi,'
New, Do you have MEE essays? which Bar Prep is better for MEE?

Thanks.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

T-Lilly

New

Post by T-Lilly » Tue May 14, 2019 5:31 am

JbUKlaw wrote:Hi all,

I’m new to this but have been following this thread for a little while so I’ve just created an account. I’m a UK student and have just failed by 6 points. If anyone could give me any pointers I’d be really grateful - feeling pretty low at this point. Thanks.
I just came across your post and wanted to say do not give up. I was also a UK student and sat the bar exam more than once. The best advice I can give to you is have a good look at your results and your preparation, ask yourself what your weaknesses are and be honest with yourself - are you falling down in a particular subject? is it your essays? etc.I know it's difficult to pick yourself up for another round but you can definitely make the 6 point jump in the next sitting.

Things that helped me included doing a variety of practice questions, I used Kaplan, Adaptibar and Emmanuel's S&T. Each time I got a question wrong I went over it until I understood the concept. I kept a file of all incorrect answers and used that as part of my final revision. For the essays I printed off as many practice qs as I could find and bullet pointed answers when I didn't have time to complete them all. In the last 2-3 weeks I gave more priority to memorising the black letter law. I found that subjects such as Civ Pro and Con law required more of me so I started with these first. You could do the same for yourself. I hope this is of some help.

Feel free to message me and ask as many questions as you like. I know it is tough but you can do this.

DodgerBlues1991

New

Post by DodgerBlues1991 » Sat May 18, 2019 7:42 pm

California Resident here looking to take the NY bar exam this July, but was wondering has the deadline to take it for July passed?

JbUKlaw

New

Post by JbUKlaw » Mon May 20, 2019 3:59 am

T-Lilly wrote:

I’m new to this but have been following this thread for a little while so I’ve just created an account. I’m a UK student and have just failed by 6 points. If anyone could give me any pointers I’d be really grateful - feeling pretty low at this point. Thanks.
I just came across your post and wanted to say do not give up. I was also a UK student and sat the bar exam more than once. The best advice I can give to you is have a good look at your results and your preparation, ask yourself what your weaknesses are and be honest with yourself - are you falling down in a particular subject? is it your essays? etc.I know it's difficult to pick yourself up for another round but you can definitely make the 6 point jump in the next sitting.

Things that helped me included doing a variety of practice questions, I used Kaplan, Adaptibar and Emmanuel's S&T. Each time I got a question wrong I went over it until I understood the concept. I kept a file of all incorrect answers and used that as part of my final revision. For the essays I printed off as many practice qs as I could find and bullet pointed answers when I didn't have time to complete them all. In the last 2-3 weeks I gave more priority to memorising the black letter law. I found that subjects such as Civ Pro and Con law required more of me so I started with these first. You could do the same for yourself. I hope this is of some help.

Feel free to message me and ask as many questions as you like. I know it is tough but you can do this.
Thank you so much for this! I’ve been going over my notes on the evenings and weekends, starting with the subjects that I was weaker in based on the score report, and doing practice questions on AdaptiBar (which I didn’t have before) on my commutes to and from work. I can see why I fell harder on contracts, constitutional and criminal than other subjects based on my adaptibar performance. I’ve only been doing contracts, con law and criminal law questions thus far as I’m moving onto the other topics (that I was stronger on in the exam) this week and next week. I also intend on introducing my Emmanuel book into my schedule later this week/next week.

I was wondering - from your experience with adaptibar did you find that you were able to improve your percentage with time? I’m at 59.5% based on the 205 crim, con law and contracts questions I’ve answered and even though these were my weaker subjects in the Feb exam, it’s making me feel a little uneasy as I’d ideally like to be around the 70-75% mark on my practice papers in July!

Thank you again - your post really cheered me up.

Jcanqueen12

New

Post by Jcanqueen12 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:24 am

DodgerBlues1991 wrote:California Resident here looking to take the NY bar exam this July, but was wondering has the deadline to take it for July passed?
Yes it has, deadline was April 30th. With the application period being from April 1st-30th.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

FutureLawyer2

New

Post by FutureLawyer2 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:19 am

khan123 wrote:Hi, NY Bar 2019 Candidates:
Congratulations for passing the Bar.
Any one would like to give TIPS appreciated.
Do you have outlines? it would be nice if you can email at
guryakhan123@yahoo.com
Appreciate it thanks.
My biggest tip for you is to prepare for the bar by studying bar exam outlines, which is key for success. I used critical pass MBE flashcards as opposed to reinventing the wheel and creating my own. They will help lift up your score. [Advertisement and external link redacted]
Last edited by QContinuum on Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to redact advertisements and external links.

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Thu May 23, 2019 12:23 pm

Jcanqueen12 wrote:
DodgerBlues1991 wrote:California Resident here looking to take the NY bar exam this July, but was wondering has the deadline to take it for July passed?
Yes it has, deadline was April 30th. With the application period being from April 1st-30th.
Jcanqueen12 is right. If you're in a rush to take the UBE ASAP, you might check if any other UBE states' deadlines haven't passed yet, but I kinda doubt it given it's late May already. More than likely you'll need to take the February UBE.

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Thu May 23, 2019 9:25 pm

We have a new group for New York July 2019 if anyone is interested! Not sure how to link it here.

b290

Bronze

Post by b290 » Sat May 25, 2019 10:41 pm

lolabear727 wrote:We have a new group for New York July 2019 if anyone is interested! Not sure how to link it here.
Done.

NY July 2019 Bar Exam Group

I almost wish there was a yearly thread (or just one like the FL thread) instead of all these multiples.

My $.02

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

T-Lilly

New

Post by T-Lilly » Wed May 29, 2019 11:01 am

JbUKlaw wrote:
T-Lilly wrote:

Thank you so much for this! I’ve been going over my notes on the evenings and weekends, starting with the subjects that I was weaker in based on the score report, and doing practice questions on AdaptiBar (which I didn’t have before) on my commutes to and from work. I can see why I fell harder on contracts, constitutional and criminal than other subjects based on my adaptibar performance. I’ve only been doing contracts, con law and criminal law questions thus far as I’m moving onto the other topics (that I was stronger on in the exam) this week and next week. I also intend on introducing my Emmanuel book into my schedule later this week/next week.

I was wondering - from your experience with adaptibar did you find that you were able to improve your percentage with time? I’m at 59.5% based on the 205 crim, con law and contracts questions I’ve answered and even though these were my weaker subjects in the Feb exam, it’s making me feel a little uneasy as I’d ideally like to be around the 70-75% mark on my practice papers in July!

Thank you again - your post really cheered me up.
Sorry I just saw your post! Sounds like you are off to a good start and have a clear idea of a plan which is great. I felt like adaptibar was the most helpful, I only did adaptibar in the last 3 weeks and when it came to the exam i felt that the questions were pretty similar. I was also aiming for the 70-75% mark but if i recall well i hovered around 65%. Just keep checking the rule for each question you are getting wrong and make sure you understand the principle, that really helps.

If you have any more questions you can reach me at tirupa[@]hotmail.com (remove the brackets around the at sign).

Good luck!

Honikane

New

Post by Honikane » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:04 pm

Honikane wrote:Didn't pass by 6 points BUT still a passing score in AL, MN, MO and NM. If I can't walk through the door I will climb through the window...MN here I come.
Just wanted to follow up...I ended up transferring my score to Missouri and received the news this morning that my C&F cleared so I will be sworn in in a few weeks so I can waive into DC. It took 2 months from application submission to approval!

Shivan

New

Post by Shivan » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:52 pm

Hi!

I'm a foreign trained lawyer aiming to sit the July 2020 NY Bar. I'm not working currently and can devote full day to prepping for the exam. What course would you recommend considering I didn't go to Law School here in the US.

b290

Bronze

Post by b290 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:27 pm

Honikane wrote:
Honikane wrote:Didn't pass by 6 points BUT still a passing score in AL, MN, MO and NM. If I can't walk through the door I will climb through the window...MN here I come.
Just wanted to follow up...I ended up transferring my score to Missouri and received the news this morning that my C&F cleared so I will be sworn in in a few weeks so I can waive into DC. It took 2 months from application submission to approval!
I'm a little late but congratulations!!!

Question: DC said you're good to waive? I ask because I thought you had to pass where you took it. I'm also not trying to be a "Debbie Downer" - this info would be useful for future takers in a similar situation. I ended up transferring my score too (job-related) and I'm also getting sworn in in few weeks, so I'm curious.

Congrats again! Well done counselor!!

My $.02

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”