MEE - Focus on highly tested areas? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
cheeseee

Bronze

MEE - Focus on highly tested areas?

Post by cheeseee » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:26 am

Hello all, I'm studying for the Feb Bar.

For MEE (non-MBE) subjects, is it better to focus on concepts that were tested multiple times in the past? Do examiners like testing the same topics or should I try to understand everything on the outline (Barbi Conviser Mini Review)?

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Re: MEE - Focus on highly tested areas?

Post by SilvermanBarPrep » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:51 pm

Especially when strapped for time, yes this is a good strategy. Ideally, you'll cover all the testable law, but if you can't, then studying the issues that have shown up previously is a good approach. The issues do often repeat over the years.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

Calbears123

Bronze

Post by Calbears123 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:26 pm

I agree you should focus on highly tested issues but I wouldn’t confuse that with just focusing highly tested subject areas.

The bulk of my mee studying came two weeks before the bar. I read every mee model answer from barbri. After doing so you get a sense of what rules you are most likely to have to bring up. Scored a 156 mee/mpt (did zero mpt work)

It would suck to skip secures transaction and for it to come up when they almost always test attachment/perfection which is only a couple of steps.

JoeSeperac

Post by JoeSeperac » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:07 pm

FYI, based on my analysis of the MEE topics, not many of the most frequently tested areas were tested in J18 on the MEE. Instead, over 40% of the J18 MEE topics were never tested before while another 40% were tested only one prior time.

01/22 exams – ConLaw: Cat II: Sep of Powers: A. Powers of Congress: 1 Commerce taxing and spending powers: c. Spending power:
01/22 exams – Contracts: Cat I: Formation of Ks: D. Obligations: 2 Pre contract obligations based on reliance: a. option contract:
01/22 exams – Evidence: Cat II: Relevancy & Excl Evid: D. Expert testimony
01/22 exams – Evidence: Cat III: Privileges/Exclusions: C. Physician/psychotherapist-patient
01/22 exams – Property: Cat II: Rights in land: D. Zoning fundamentals: 2 Protection of pre existing property rights: a. Nonconforming use:
01/22 exams – Property: Cat IV: Mortgages: A. Types of security devices: 1 Mortgages including deeds of trust: c. Future-advance mortgages: i. Obligatory vs optional priority
01/22 exams – Property: Cat IV: Mortgages: A. Types of security devices: 1 Mortgages including deeds of trust: c. Future-advance mortgages: ii. Mechanics liens
01/48 exams – CorpLLC: Cat II: Preorganization Acts: A. Promoter Ks & fiduciary duties: 2 Personal liability: a. Active participants:
01/48 exams – CorpLLC: Cat II: Preorganization Acts: A. Promoter Ks & fiduciary duties: 2 Personal liability: b. Inactive participants:
01/48 exams – Trusts: Cat I: Trusts: I. Powers & duties of trustee: 2 Duty of care: a. Duty of prudent administration:
01/48 exams – Trusts: Cat II: Future Interests: A. Reversions/Remainders/Exec Interests: 1 Remainders: a. Vested:
01/48 exams – Trusts: Cat II: Future Interests: B. Life estates and terms of years
02/22 exams – ConLaw: Cat III: Fed Nation vs States: A. Intergovernmental immunities: 2 State immunity from federal law including the 10th Amendment: b. 10th Amendment: i. Commandeering
02/22 exams – Contracts: Cat I: Formation of Ks: A. Mutual assent: 1 Offer and acceptance: b. Scope: ii. UCC
02/22 exams – Contracts: Cat I: Formation of Ks: A. Mutual assent: 1 Offer and acceptance: c. Offer: i. Option contract
02/22 exams – Contracts: Cat I: Formation of Ks: A. Mutual assent: 1 Offer and acceptance: c. Offer: i. Revocability
02/22 exams – Contracts: Cat I: Formation of Ks: A. Mutual assent: 1 Offer and acceptance: e. Revocation:
02/22 exams – Evidence: Cat I: Presentation of Evid: A. Intro of evidence: 4 Lay opinions
02/22 exams – Evidence: Cat II: Relevancy & Excl Evid: C. Character and related concepts: 3 Habit and routine practice
02/22 exams – Property: Cat IV: Mortgages: A. Types of security devices: 1 Mortgages including deeds of trust: c. Future-advance mortgages:
02/48 exams – CorpLLC: Cat I: Corp & LLC Formation: A. Articles of incorporation
02/48 exams – CorpLLC: Cat II: Preorganization Acts: A. Promoter Ks & fiduciary duties: 4 Promoter Liability
02/48 exams – Trusts: Cat I: Trusts: I. Powers & duties of trustee: 3 Duty of loyalty: a. No further inquiry rule:
02/48 exams – Trusts: Cat I: Trusts: I. Powers & duties of trustee: 6 Principal and income allocations
03/22 exams – Evidence: Cat V: Hearsay & Admissibility: A. Definition of hearsay: 3 Statements attributable to party opponent: a. opposing party statement:
03/22 exams – Evidence: Cat V: Hearsay & Admissibility: D. Statements for medical diagnosis
03/22 exams – Evidence: Cat V: Hearsay & Admissibility: F. Business records
04/48 exams – Trusts: Cat I: Trusts: I. Powers & duties of trustee: 2 Duty of care
06/48 exams – Trusts: Cat I: Trusts: I. Powers & duties of trustee: 3 Duty of loyalty

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”