MEE - Focus on highly tested areas?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
cheeseee

Bronze

MEE - Focus on highly tested areas?

Postby cheeseee » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:26 am

Hello all, I'm studying for the Feb Bar.

For MEE (non-MBE) subjects, is it better to focus on concepts that were tested multiple times in the past? Do examiners like testing the same topics or should I try to understand everything on the outline (Barbi Conviser Mini Review)?

SilvermanBarPrep

Partner

Re: MEE - Focus on highly tested areas?

Postby SilvermanBarPrep » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:51 pm

Especially when strapped for time, yes this is a good strategy. Ideally, you'll cover all the testable law, but if you can't, then studying the issues that have shown up previously is a good approach. The issues do often repeat over the years.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

Calbears123

Bronze

Postby Calbears123 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:26 pm

I agree you should focus on highly tested issues but I wouldn’t confuse that with just focusing highly tested subject areas.

The bulk of my mee studying came two weeks before the bar. I read every mee model answer from barbri. After doing so you get a sense of what rules you are most likely to have to bring up. Scored a 156 mee/mpt (did zero mpt work)

It would suck to skip secures transaction and for it to come up when they almost always test attachment/perfection which is only a couple of steps.

JoeSeperac

Postby JoeSeperac » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:07 pm

FYI, based on my analysis of the MEE topics, not many of the most frequently tested areas were tested in J18 on the MEE. Instead, over 40% of the J18 MEE topics were never tested before while another 40% were tested only one prior time.

01/22 exams – ConLaw: Cat II: Sep of Powers: A. Powers of Congress: 1 Commerce taxing and spending powers: c. Spending power:
01/22 exams – Contracts: Cat I: Formation of Ks: D. Obligations: 2 Pre contract obligations based on reliance: a. option contract:
01/22 exams – Evidence: Cat II: Relevancy & Excl Evid: D. Expert testimony
01/22 exams – Evidence: Cat III: Privileges/Exclusions: C. Physician/psychotherapist-patient
01/22 exams – Property: Cat II: Rights in land: D. Zoning fundamentals: 2 Protection of pre existing property rights: a. Nonconforming use:
01/22 exams – Property: Cat IV: Mortgages: A. Types of security devices: 1 Mortgages including deeds of trust: c. Future-advance mortgages: i. Obligatory vs optional priority
01/22 exams – Property: Cat IV: Mortgages: A. Types of security devices: 1 Mortgages including deeds of trust: c. Future-advance mortgages: ii. Mechanics liens
01/48 exams – CorpLLC: Cat II: Preorganization Acts: A. Promoter Ks & fiduciary duties: 2 Personal liability: a. Active participants:
01/48 exams – CorpLLC: Cat II: Preorganization Acts: A. Promoter Ks & fiduciary duties: 2 Personal liability: b. Inactive participants:
01/48 exams – Trusts: Cat I: Trusts: I. Powers & duties of trustee: 2 Duty of care: a. Duty of prudent administration:
01/48 exams – Trusts: Cat II: Future Interests: A. Reversions/Remainders/Exec Interests: 1 Remainders: a. Vested:
01/48 exams – Trusts: Cat II: Future Interests: B. Life estates and terms of years
02/22 exams – ConLaw: Cat III: Fed Nation vs States: A. Intergovernmental immunities: 2 State immunity from federal law including the 10th Amendment: b. 10th Amendment: i. Commandeering
02/22 exams – Contracts: Cat I: Formation of Ks: A. Mutual assent: 1 Offer and acceptance: b. Scope: ii. UCC
02/22 exams – Contracts: Cat I: Formation of Ks: A. Mutual assent: 1 Offer and acceptance: c. Offer: i. Option contract
02/22 exams – Contracts: Cat I: Formation of Ks: A. Mutual assent: 1 Offer and acceptance: c. Offer: i. Revocability
02/22 exams – Contracts: Cat I: Formation of Ks: A. Mutual assent: 1 Offer and acceptance: e. Revocation:
02/22 exams – Evidence: Cat I: Presentation of Evid: A. Intro of evidence: 4 Lay opinions
02/22 exams – Evidence: Cat II: Relevancy & Excl Evid: C. Character and related concepts: 3 Habit and routine practice
02/22 exams – Property: Cat IV: Mortgages: A. Types of security devices: 1 Mortgages including deeds of trust: c. Future-advance mortgages:
02/48 exams – CorpLLC: Cat I: Corp & LLC Formation: A. Articles of incorporation
02/48 exams – CorpLLC: Cat II: Preorganization Acts: A. Promoter Ks & fiduciary duties: 4 Promoter Liability
02/48 exams – Trusts: Cat I: Trusts: I. Powers & duties of trustee: 3 Duty of loyalty: a. No further inquiry rule:
02/48 exams – Trusts: Cat I: Trusts: I. Powers & duties of trustee: 6 Principal and income allocations
03/22 exams – Evidence: Cat V: Hearsay & Admissibility: A. Definition of hearsay: 3 Statements attributable to party opponent: a. opposing party statement:
03/22 exams – Evidence: Cat V: Hearsay & Admissibility: D. Statements for medical diagnosis
03/22 exams – Evidence: Cat V: Hearsay & Admissibility: F. Business records
04/48 exams – Trusts: Cat I: Trusts: I. Powers & duties of trustee: 2 Duty of care
06/48 exams – Trusts: Cat I: Trusts: I. Powers & duties of trustee: 3 Duty of loyalty

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?