Those who have scored above a 260 on the UBE but below their states required score... Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Darn0

New

Those who have scored above a 260 on the UBE but below their states required score...

Post by Darn0 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:58 pm

Looking for some guidance from those who have found themselves in a similar situation as myself.

I took the July 2018 UBE. Got a 264. State I live in requires a 266. Scored above a 133 on the MBE, so I am aware that it is possible for me to waive into DC once barred in a 260 jurisdiction. I am unsure as to if I want to retake anytime soon, but as for now, I feel like I need to be at least licensed somewhere.

My question is twofold and relatively simple. Precisely, which 260 state has the easiest path to licensure, and if there is any benefit to being barred in one state as opposed to another (i.e. Minnesota over Missouri). I am from the north east for what its worth.

I am interested in hearing the personal experiences and preferences of others. I would truly appreciate and value any insight that one may have on this. Thank you.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”