Calling Moral App Investigator Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
placidstate

New

Calling Moral App Investigator

Post by placidstate » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:29 pm

Hi TLS,

So I got a notice about sending a paper copy of my moral application within 60 days of my online application. However, I had sent such hard copy. I called the CA State Bar and the operator transferred me to my investigator. They didn't pick up and I left a VM. Did not receive a call back or updated status.

My question is, is it normal to receive a VM? Do they ever call you back with a status update or should I wait a week and make another call?

Thanks very much

FinallyPassedTheBar

Bronze

Re: Calling Moral App Investigator

Post by FinallyPassedTheBar » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:10 pm

placidstate wrote:Hi TLS,

So I got a notice about sending a paper copy of my moral application within 60 days of my online application. However, I had sent such hard copy. I called the CA State Bar and the operator transferred me to my investigator. They didn't pick up and I left a VM. Did not receive a call back or updated status.

My question is, is it normal to receive a VM? Do they ever call you back with a status update or should I wait a week and make another call?

Thanks very much

Sometimes they call back, sometimes they don't.

I sent in my paper application with delivery confirmation, so I had proof it was delivered.

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:18 pm

FinallyPassedTheBar wrote:

Thanks very much

I sent in my paper application with delivery confirmation, so I had proof it was delivered.
I did the same thing. I think I also set it up so someone had to sign for it. Did you keep a copy for yourself, so you can just send her another copy with a return receipt?

How long has it been since you sent the paper application?

placidstate

New

Post by placidstate » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:24 pm

rcharter1978 wrote:

Thanks very much

I did the same thing. I think I also set it up so someone had to sign for it. Did you keep a copy for yourself, so you can just send her another copy with a return receipt?

About a week (is it too early to panic?). I had proof of delivery, but then a couple days after the tracking says it was delivered I got a letter dated after the delivery date. And it seems my status is not updating..

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:35 pm

placidstate wrote:
About a week (is it too early to panic?). I had proof of delivery, but then a couple days after the tracking says it was delivered I got a letter dated after the delivery date. And it seems my status is not updating..
Even if they've mislaid it and it's the board's fault, they're going to want a copy. Do you have one you can just express mail to them tomorrow?

Then you can follow up promptly after delivery and leave a message saying they should have another copy now.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:02 am

placidstate wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:

Thanks very much

It's probably just a form letter. I can't remember if I got one. I vaguely remember someone telling me it takes a couple days to get the paper application.in the right hands.

placidstate

New

Post by placidstate » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:00 pm

rcharter1978 wrote:
placidstate wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:

Thanks very much

It's probably just a form letter. I can't remember if I got one. I vaguely remember someone telling me it takes a couple days to get the paper application.in the right hands.
Thanks for the responses! I checked my delivery status, it says it was delivered to the guard/security station and was signed. But my status (updated January 15) still says they havent received the paper copy delivered on January 9th. So I guess I'll try to be patient and call again next week, while accepting the possibility of having it resend it if lost although that means I have to do livescan again.

Does anyone have a timeline of when they sent the paper copy and how long your status changed on the website?

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:29 pm

placidstate wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:
placidstate wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:

Thanks very much

Thanks for the responses! I checked my delivery status, it says it was delivered to the guard/security station and was signed. But my status (updated January 15) still says they havent received the paper copy delivered on January 9th. So I guess I'll try to be patient and call again next week, while accepting the possibility of having it resend it if lost although that means I have to do livescan again.

Does anyone have a timeline of when they sent the paper copy and how long your status changed on the website?
I'm pretty sure Monday is a holiday so maybe call Wednesday next week. I remember talking to an operator who was really sweet and she seemed to be able to put me through to whoever put together the file for the actual analyst/investigor, but it may have taken a few calls before the analyst was actually at her desk.

Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”