NY Bar Application Question Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
CBlaw

New

NY Bar Application Question

Post by CBlaw » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:56 pm

What exactly is the Letter or notice of certification from the State Board of Law Examiners? I have the certification for the bar exam but I thought the NYLE and MPRE was sent directly to the Bar application committee people. Do I need to find an email or something that says i passed? What if I dont have that anymore?

This is the last thing I need and wasnt really sure why or if I need it for the MPRE and NYLE. Could someone please help me.

frqw9201

New

Re: NY Bar Application Question

Post by frqw9201 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:56 pm

Its the attachment to the email that you got when results came out in October

CBlaw

New

Post by CBlaw » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:03 pm

So is there a way to get the certification now that I have deleted and no longer have the email for either the mpre or nyle?

BrandName

New

Post by BrandName » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:06 pm

The certification you received with bar results should say "this letter also confirms that you successfully completed the New York Law Course, the New York Law Exam and the Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam" and then go on to certify you for your department.

As long as you have the certification you received with bar results you shouldn't need anything individually from the MPRE or NYLE. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call your department. I spoke with the Fourth Dept a few times and they seemed very nice.

First Department: (646) 386-5893
Second Department: (718) 923-6360
Third Department: (518) 471-4778
Fourth Department: (585) 530-3100

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”