My experience of passing the California bar on my sixth attempt (February 2018 exam)

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Repeattaker123456

New

Re: My experience of passing the California bar on my sixth attempt (February 2018 exam)

Postby Repeattaker123456 » Sun May 19, 2019 10:14 am

Thank you so much for your post. I really needed to see something like that right now. I failed the bar exam yesterday again on my 5th attempt. Needless to say, I’m incredibly disappointed and frustrated. I work full time, but over the course of my 4 attempts, my employer gave me two separate 6 week periods off work to study. I’m not sure how I am going to go in on Monday with my disappointing result, yet again. I’m also certain there won’t be an option for me to take any more time.

Historically, I’ve been weak in both MBEs and essays (including PTs), but over the course of 4 failed exams my MBEs climbed steadily each time. The essays seems to be my kryptonite because it’s never improved. I hired a private tutor to help with essays last exam cycle, but I personally didn’t get much from the experience. I walked out of the exam feeling confident on MBEs and confused as heck on the essays portion. Until I get my scores, I won’t know what went wrong for sure though.

Every time I finish the exam, I toss all my stuff aside and focus on life. After 2-3 months, I feel like I’ve forgotten what I learned. My question to you all is: Should I spend the next 15 days reading the Barbri mini conviser outline so that I can “re-familiarize” myself with the rules again before diving back in? I’ll definitely incorporate the lessons OP gave, but my instinct is to read the conviser so I feel ready. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

justanotheruser

Bronze

Re: My experience of passing the California bar on my sixth attempt (February 2018 exam)

Postby justanotheruser » Thu May 23, 2019 1:02 am

Repeattaker123456 wrote:Every time I finish the exam, I toss all my stuff aside and focus on life. After 2-3 months, I feel like I’ve forgotten what I learned. My question to you all is: Should I spend the next 15 days reading the Barbri mini conviser outline so that I can “re-familiarize” myself with the rules again before diving back in? I’ll definitely incorporate the lessons OP gave, but my instinct is to read the conviser so I feel ready. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

You should do whatever you feel you need to do. Part of the way I approached my final study was making sure I left no stones unturned. If you feel going through the conviser to transition back into studying will help, do so. But if I were in your position, I'm not sure it would be that helpful to me because I'd probably forget most of it within a week or two anyhow.

Good luck!

spikey424

New

Postby spikey424 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:18 am

Hello, thank you for your post. I came across your post when I googled something about the bar exam. I am new on this site (20 minutes) and I signed up because what you wrote seem like it is a great way to pass this exam. I am reaching out to ask if you still have a copy of your daily schedule? I feel like I am floundering and this I know is no good. I really need to study efficiently and effectively and right now that is not happening and I do not want to lost one more day of just winging this test. I love the law and have spent a lot of money such as yourself in this process and I am needing some direction as to the best way to study. As I mentioned, I like what you wrote and ask if you have a copy of the schedule that you would be willing to share with me so I can spend the next 8 1/2 weeks feeling good about giving this test my all. Thank you in advance.

justanotheruser

Bronze

Postby justanotheruser » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:22 am

spikey424 wrote:Hello, thank you for your post. I came across your post when I googled something about the bar exam. I am new on this site (20 minutes) and I signed up because what you wrote seem like it is a great way to pass this exam. I am reaching out to ask if you still have a copy of your daily schedule? I feel like I am floundering and this I know is no good. I really need to study efficiently and effectively and right now that is not happening and I do not want to lost one more day of just winging this test. I love the law and have spent a lot of money such as yourself in this process and I am needing some direction as to the best way to study. As I mentioned, I like what you wrote and ask if you have a copy of the schedule that you would be willing to share with me so I can spend the next 8 1/2 weeks feeling good about giving this test my all. Thank you in advance.

Check your inbox

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?