Are 65% of my MBE practice questions useless? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Has2pass

New

Are 65% of my MBE practice questions useless?

Post by Has2pass » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:33 pm

Stumbled across this youtube vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IIoajZaXe0

Is this thing about out of date practice questions legit?

encore1101

Silver

Re: Are 65% of my MBE practice questions useless?

Post by encore1101 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:36 pm

started watching the video. couldn't finish after noticing how often the guy bobbed his head forward.

diatribe

New

Post by diatribe » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:32 pm

Has2pass wrote:Stumbled across this youtube vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IIoajZaXe0

Yes. The law has changed since 1998. The law has also changed since 2017. His video refers to MBE questions released by NCBE. He also alleges that 65% of other bar prep companies use MBE questions that are substantively outdated. That allegation, as far as it relates to bar prep companies, is unfounded as far as the video goes (keep in mind this guy is pushing his own prep company). P.S. I would not recommend anyone watch this video. The guy's head movements are distracting and his voice is like a nonstop doppler effect of annoyance.

I'm also suspicious that OP is a shill for this head bobbing doppler. Nice first post, Has2pass

Happy studying

Nightcrawler

Bronze

Post by Nightcrawler » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:28 am

diatribe wrote:I'm also suspicious that OP is a shill for this head bobbing doppler. Nice first post, Has2pass
Lol, I see so many here. It would look way more professional if they just advertised their course in an honest, candid way. It makes you think about how they structured their course.

Nightcrawler

Bronze

Post by Nightcrawler » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:33 am

Has2pass wrote:Stumbled across this youtube vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IIoajZaXe0

No, it does not seem legit at all. A ton of people here, myself included, see a direct correlation between a higher practice score on Adaptibar (or other courses with released "outdated" questions) and their real MBE scores.

I know you are just trying to advertise your course and you didn't mean to ask seriously. I am just answering the questions so that who reads this post will make an informed choice when deciding whether to get your course or not.

Also, I understand looking engaged in the conversation while making videos but it doesn't need to look like you just did cocaine. Same thing can be said by the Jurax Bar guy lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

anon sequitur

Silver

Post by anon sequitur » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:02 pm

They're definitely not useless. Lots of people pass using those questions. I'm sure there are some that aren't as reflective of current MBE style, but I don't really trust that Barbri questions are really much better. I passed focusing almost all my effort on MBE practice, using the same bank of questions you're using, and so have lots of people.

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:41 pm

Thanks a lot, you all shamed him into removing the video and it sounded hilarious. I wanted to see someone maybe or maybe not on cocaine explain bar stuff. :(

Smiddywesson

Bronze

Post by Smiddywesson » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:31 pm

Let's not mix apples and oranges. The NCBE released the 610 new questions to shore up sagging grades, they are a primary source of study materials.
The 1801 older questions are critical for another purpose.

There's two sides to the MBE, the right answers and the wrong answers. To learn the right answers you just have to follow the subject matter outline and learn the law. However, for the wrong answers, you have to do the old questions. Yes, the questions today are not identical to the older questions, however the distractors they use, the lexicon of the wrong, combined with the tricks they employ, haven't changed at al. This is how one breaks into the 90th percentile and above, you study the mind of the examiners, and that hasn't change one damn bit from the early 1970s.

Smiddywesson

Bronze

Post by Smiddywesson » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:40 pm

PS: The video referred to in the post was made by Studicata. I used their stuff during my bar prep and it's very good, incredibly low priced and saved my ass on the MEEs. I directly credit them for my performance on the Trusts and Partnership essays. At $80, there's no regrets there. I did not use them for the MBE, and cannot vouch for any MBE materials, however based on my experience, I would definitely make use of more of their materials in another go around.

Disclosure: I also used Adaptibar and found it incredibly useful. The feature that allows you to see your performance verses the other kids in your state our across the country was worth it's weight in gold. I can't tell you how much that reduced my stress, both at 3am in bar prep, and during/after Day 1 when my computer wouldn't cooperate. (Another story, but it was very, very bad)

Bottom line, I'm not a paid troll, the maker of the video wouldn't pay me to plug Adaptibar, I'm just telling you what worked for me. Day one was a disaster, with the exception of those two essays, and I still walked into day two like I owned the place.

nixy

Gold

Post by nixy » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:11 pm

diatribe wrote:I'm also suspicious that OP is a shill for this head bobbing doppler. Nice first post, Has2pass

Happy studying
If it's Studicata like someone said you're absolutely on the money, they spam everywhere all the time.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”