July 2018 Massachusetts Bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
BadBart

New

July 2018 Massachusetts Bar

Post by BadBart » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:26 pm

Hey fellow Massachusetts J18 examinees, I’m trying to understand my written score and scaling.If anyone is willing to share their passing or failing MBE score and individual scores for the MEE/MPT questions, that would do it. Thanks much.

MaximusTC

New

Re: July 2018 Massachusetts Bar

Post by MaximusTC » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:36 pm

I passed in Massachusetts.

MEE Score: 152.6
MBE Score: 153.9
Total Score: 307

BadBart

New

Post by BadBart » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:23 pm

MaximusTC wrote:I passed in Massachusetts.

MEE Score: 152.6
MBE Score: 153.9
Total Score: 307
I appreciate the reply. Congrats on passing. Would you mind giving me your 6 individual essay scores as well as 2 MPTs? This is to help understand the scaling.Thanks much.

JoeSeperac

Post by JoeSeperac » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:07 pm

I'd like to chime in here. I posted a MA J18 calculator and then pulled it last week because I later discovered the results were sometimes incorrect. At the moment, I cannot understand how the MA J18 written scale is determined (and I am pretty good at figuring out exam scales). Honestly, its really weird. So if anyone who failed MA J18 can post their MEE/MPT individual scores and their written, MBE and total score, it would be greatly appreciated (and I will hopefully be able to make a calculator for you to see where you lost your points on the exam).

JoeSeperac

Post by JoeSeperac » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:19 am

Just going to try one last time to see if failing J18 Massachusetts examinees would be willing to post their scores here. The reason I ask is because I cannot understand how the J18 MA written scale was determined (never had a problem figuring out any state's scaling until now). Since MA just switched to the UBE, I think it's possible they may have made a mistake. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up because I don’t think MA will ever change an exam result, but who knows (look what just happened in DC). Unfortunately, I still don’t have enough scores to know for certain. I am also pursuing another avenue – if I can collect F18 MA scores, I can see if I can figure out the F18 scale for the old exam. If I can do this without a problem, it is more evidence that something is wonky with the J18 MA scoring. So if you failed J18 MA and want to take a stab in the dark, please post your MEE and MPT individual scores and your Written, MBE and Total Score on here (or just email me joe @ seperac.com)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”