For January Admission in NY, what's the latest I can safely submit C&F paperwork?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
White Dwarf

Bronze

For January Admission in NY, what's the latest I can safely submit C&F paperwork?

Postby White Dwarf » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:05 am

Totally my fault for waiting until after bar results, but I am still waiting on two of my employment affidavits. They should be in in the next couple of days. I'm just wondering if it's worth following up and asking them to expedite. I was told by both on Monday that they'd have it to me in 2-3 business days.

Am I pushing it time-wise if I want to be admitted in January? Do I still have some time? Or am I likely past the deadline?

Thanks

Cop2lawyerNYC

New

Re: For January Admission in NY, what's the latest I can safely submit C&F paperwork?

Postby Cop2lawyerNYC » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:23 am

White Dwarf wrote:Totally my fault for waiting until after bar results, but I am still waiting on two of my employment affidavits. They should be in in the next couple of days. I'm just wondering if it's worth following up and asking them to expedite. I was told by both on Monday that they'd have it to me in 2-3 business days.

Am I pushing it time-wise if I want to be admitted in January? Do I still have some time? Or am I likely past the deadline?

Thanks

I'm taking the NYLE Dec. 20th. How long does it take to get your results and certification letter?
I'm also wondering if I can make it for January

deacon

New

Re: For January Admission in NY, what's the latest I can safely submit C&F paperwork?

Postby deacon » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:47 pm

Cop2lawyerNYC wrote:
White Dwarf wrote:Totally my fault for waiting until after bar results, but I am still waiting on two of my employment affidavits. They should be in in the next couple of days. I'm just wondering if it's worth following up and asking them to expedite. I was told by both on Monday that they'd have it to me in 2-3 business days.

Thanks

I'm taking the NYLE Dec. 20th. How long does it take to get your results and certification letter?

+1

I wonder the same thing

SplitMyPants

Gold

Postby SplitMyPants » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:44 pm

Thanks

Depends on the dept. If you are 1st dept you're probably already looking at mid to late Spring. 2d dept is better but still crowded. 3d dept is the best. However, they still fill up. I went complete mid-December and couldn't get a date earlier than last week of Feb. I know some people in 1st and 2d dept that had to wait til late summer... Albeit I dont know when exactly they went complete.

encore1101

Silver

Postby encore1101 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:54 pm

I submitted my apps mid-November and got admitted 3rd week of January in the Second Department.

frqw9201

New

Postby frqw9201 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:57 pm

Cop2lawyerNYC wrote:

Thanks

NYLE takes about 3 weeks

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�