Anyone Waiting for Ohio Results?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Lawworld19

Bronze
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:16 pm

Anyone Waiting for Ohio Results?

Postby Lawworld19 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:02 am

Anxiously waiting for results next Friday. Really feel like I failed. Anyone take Ohio?

But also took MPRE, studied for 2 hours, felt like I guessed on literally every question and got a 98. So I guess you just don't know.

kilmulet

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: Anyone Waiting for Ohio Results?

Postby kilmulet » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:28 pm

Yup. I totally BSed one of the essays and really doubt that I passed. After all these months, I don't even care anymore though: I just want the waiting to be over.

Lawworld19

Bronze
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:16 pm

Re: Anyone Waiting for Ohio Results?

Postby Lawworld19 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:01 pm

kilmulet wrote:Yup. I totally BSed one of the essays and really doubt that I passed. After all these months, I don't even care anymore though: I just want the waiting to be over.


Only one? Haha. I bs'd so much. What essay?

I bs'd ethics, property, agency, torts. When I say bs it's not that I knew nothing, it just was not good. I was scrambling.

ohbar33

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:13 pm

Re: Anyone Waiting for Ohio Results?

Postby ohbar33 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:19 pm

I'm waiting for Ohio too. I've passed Florida in 2017 so I thought this would be a breeze. I think I took way too much time on the MPT and as a result the first half of my answers for each are super long and methodical but then the last part there is barely any substance. Also, there was one essay that I had no clue what it was about.. I think it was civ pro or crim pro? Do you know which one I'm talking about? Otherwise, I think I did reasonably well on the rest of the essays and the MBE but honestly, I feel like I failed. There just too many things where I had a good grasp on but not well enough to knock it out of the park. I'm dreading tomorrow.

Lawworld19

Bronze
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:16 pm

Re: Anyone Waiting for Ohio Results?

Postby Lawworld19 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:41 pm

ohbar33 wrote:I'm waiting for Ohio too. I've passed Florida in 2017 so I thought this would be a breeze. I think I took way too much time on the MPT and as a result the first half of my answers for each are super long and methodical but then the last part there is barely any substance. Also, there was one essay that I had no clue what it was about.. I think it was civ pro or crim pro? Do you know which one I'm talking about? Otherwise, I think I did reasonably well on the rest of the essays and the MBE but honestly, I feel like I failed. There just too many things where I had a good grasp on but not well enough to knock it out of the park. I'm dreading tomorrow.


The civ pro was class action rule 23. The one that was weird was crim pro. It was about if a prosecutor can take back a plea deal. Answer is in Ohio we abide my contract theory in regard to plea deals and prosecutor can't retract unilaterally. I worked in a court for 2 years as a clerk only reason I know that.

Lawworld19

Bronze
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:16 pm

Re: Anyone Waiting for Ohio Results?

Postby Lawworld19 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:44 pm

ohbar33 wrote:I'm waiting for Ohio too. I've passed Florida in 2017 so I thought this would be a breeze. I think I took way too much time on the MPT and as a result the first half of my answers for each are super long and methodical but then the last part there is barely any substance. Also, there was one essay that I had no clue what it was about.. I think it was civ pro or crim pro? Do you know which one I'm talking about? Otherwise, I think I did reasonably well on the rest of the essays and the MBE but honestly, I feel like I failed. There just too many things where I had a good grasp on but not well enough to knock it out of the park. I'm dreading tomorrow.


Torts was weird to me. Prop I put down the covenants.

ohbar33

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:13 pm

Re: Anyone Waiting for Ohio Results?

Postby ohbar33 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:23 am

Wow I passed! Can't believe it. How about you guys?

kilmulet

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: Anyone Waiting for Ohio Results?

Postby kilmulet » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:21 am

Lawworld19 wrote:Only one? Haha. I bs'd so much. What essay?

I bs'd ethics, property, agency, torts. When I say bs it's not that I knew nothing, it just was not good. I was scrambling.


I think it was the torts one? It was straightforward enough about damages. However, I spent my studying mostly trying to memorize the elements of the causes of action . . . I didn't think we'd have an essay about damages. And I definitely didn't know enough about damages to say what types would be more applicable for different causes of action. So I totally winged it.

But I passed! Good luck to you all with your own results!

Lawworld19

Bronze
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:16 pm

Re: Anyone Waiting for Ohio Results?

Postby Lawworld19 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:25 am

I passed! Bs'd tons of essays! Will explain my story soon, theme will be to never give up or give in to self doubt!

ohbar33

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:13 pm

Re: Anyone Waiting for Ohio Results?

Postby ohbar33 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:35 am

I passed too! So happy!

Houstonttt

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:40 pm

Re: Anyone Waiting for Ohio Results?

Postby Houstonttt » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:52 pm

ohbar33 wrote:I passed too! So happy!

Congrats!!!
Please share your practice score and real!!!!
Panic mode is on..
Until nov. 2

Lawworld19

Bronze
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:16 pm

Re: Anyone Waiting for Ohio Results?

Postby Lawworld19 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:28 pm

Houstonttt wrote:
ohbar33 wrote:I passed too! So happy!

Congrats!!!
Please share your practice score and real!!!!
Panic mode is on..
Until nov. 2


Hey HoustonTTT hopefully this gives you some comfort. Started off at a tier 4 law school. Did pretty well my first year, transferred to tier 3 because I got tuition under 20k. My second and third years I didn't care much. I was lucky though, clerked for a judge and kept that job just because we were buddies. 3l year didn't even buy books, scraped by almost not graduating. Got a job in May, working 50-60 hours per week. Stressful as hell. Got Themis, studied everyday after work, scoring 50-60% on mixed sets. Essays I was getting hammered, 1-3 out of 7. Took the bar felt like ass. Got my results, got a 144.5 mbe, 3 perfect score essays and I have an 80,000$ job as a lawyer in a low cost of living area. If you busted ass during bar prep you'll pass. Don't let the haters knock your confidence. Rest easy my friend.



Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Atmosphere, Bing [Bot] and 20 guests