Georgia July 2018 Exam

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
nparks3

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:14 am

Georgia July 2018 Exam

Postby nparks3 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:18 am

Alright, I know I can’t be the only person (very) impatiently waiting for results. Anyone want to wallow together while we wait? :roll:

Houstonttt

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:40 pm

Re: Georgia July 2018 Exam

Postby Houstonttt » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:32 am

nparks3 wrote:Alright, I know I can’t be the only person (very) impatiently waiting for results. Anyone want to wallow together while we wait? :roll:

Texas taker. Just to upvote your comments
Ours will be released first week in Nov. but my gut telling me will Be in the end of October

nparks3

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Georgia July 2018 Exam

Postby nparks3 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:49 am

Houstonttt wrote:
nparks3 wrote:Alright, I know I can’t be the only person (very) impatiently waiting for results. Anyone want to wallow together while we wait? :roll:

Texas taker. Just to upvote your comments
Ours will be released first week in Nov. but my gut telling me will Be in the end of October



I have a few friends taking TX. This wait is brutal on all of us smh I wish I understood why it takes 3+ months to grade exams

nparks3

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Georgia July 2018 Exam

Postby nparks3 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:31 pm

There’s gotta be some GA lurkers out there...no takers?

JusTrynnaPass

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:50 pm

Re: Georgia July 2018 Exam

Postby JusTrynnaPass » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:44 pm

GA bar lurker here. The wait is absolutely killing me. I felt that they usually post the essays/MPT before the results are out, but I haven't seen any update on that. I might just be wrong.

nparks3

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Georgia July 2018 Exam

Postby nparks3 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:52 pm

I was wondering when they post the model answers for essays too, although I’m sure reading over that would just send me into cardiac arrest. Now I’m glued to TLS and the bar website hoping they release early to put me out my misery.

Clarke0003

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:48 pm

Re: Georgia July 2018 Exam

Postby Clarke0003 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:12 pm

I'm a nervous wreck over here waiting for the 26th! I sat for the February exam and missed it by 10 points so fingers crossed I did it this time. Any repeaters here?

nparks3

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Georgia July 2018 Exam

Postby nparks3 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:02 pm

I remember thinking people were crazy when they said waiting for results is almost worse than actually studying for and taking the exam. Now I understand bc there’s absolutely nothing to do now but wait.

Clarke0003

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:48 pm

Re: Georgia July 2018 Exam

Postby Clarke0003 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:34 pm

Yes wait and rethink every answer choice lol

nparks3

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Georgia July 2018 Exam

Postby nparks3 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:05 pm

One week from now y’all. We’ll be out of our misery :?

nparks3

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Georgia July 2018 Exam

Postby nparks3 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:01 pm

They’ve updated the “Latest News” page :shock: still saying no results until Friday though

tinabelcher2

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:42 pm

Re: Georgia July 2018 Exam

Postby tinabelcher2 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:46 pm

I've been hearing that GA judges receive the pass list a couple days before it is released to examinees. Is that true? If so, does anyone know when that typically happens?

nparks3

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Georgia July 2018 Exam

Postby nparks3 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:02 pm

tinabelcher2 wrote:I've been hearing that GA judges receive the pass list a couple days before it is released to examinees. Is that true? If so, does anyone know when that typically happens?


I’ve heard something similar, except I heard judges get the list the morning we do, just a few hours before us. I know that’s how some of the associates found out at my firm last year.

Emorygrad2018

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:18 am

Re: Georgia July 2018 Exam

Postby Emorygrad2018 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:21 am

Three more days.. gosh I’m anxious y’all!! Does anyone know what time we will get our emails based on past exams? Also, is it true if you failed you don’t get an email or that fails come out sooner than passes?

dawg2018

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:47 am

Re: Georgia July 2018 Exam

Postby dawg2018 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

Emorygrad2018 wrote:Three more days.. gosh I’m anxious y’all!! Does anyone know what time we will get our emails based on past exams? Also, is it true if you failed you don’t get an email or that fails come out sooner than passes?


From what I can tell, last July the individual notifications came out between 11-1, but apparently someone got the list earlier and posted it on here. I've heard that judges get the list before the notifications go out, sometimes even the day before. I don't think it's necessarily true that if you failed you don't get an e-mail or that it comes out sooner, I saw one poster on here who got an email but still failed, although there are others who failed who say they didn't get an email but were just refreshing their user homepage. I wonder if anyone will post the list early this year... the waiting is killing me

nparks3

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Georgia July 2018 Exam

Postby nparks3 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:49 pm

I’ve just accepted the occasional mini heart attacks I have throughout the day thinking about results. If there are any saints out there working for judges that want to share the list, please feel free to bless us out here lol

Clarke0003

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:48 pm

Re: Georgia July 2018 Exam

Postby Clarke0003 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:35 am

dawg2018 wrote:
Emorygrad2018 wrote:Three more days.. gosh I’m anxious y’all!! Does anyone know what time we will get our emails based on past exams? Also, is it true if you failed you don’t get an email or that fails come out sooner than passes?


From what I can tell, last July the individual notifications came out between 11-1, but apparently someone got the list earlier and posted it on here. I've heard that judges get the list before the notifications go out, sometimes even the day before. I don't think it's necessarily true that if you failed you don't get an e-mail or that it comes out sooner, I saw one poster on here who got an email but still failed, although there are others who failed who say they didn't get an email but were just refreshing their user homepage. I wonder if anyone will post the list early this year... the waiting is killing me


Well I can speak for the February exam and I received an individual notification around 9am and I failed. Not sure how they determine who gets the email or if its just random like the survey. I received the survey after the February exam but did not receive one this time.

nparks3

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Georgia July 2018 Exam

Postby nparks3 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:04 pm

This wait is awful, but two more days!!

Emorygrad2018

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:18 am

Re: Georgia July 2018 Exam

Postby Emorygrad2018 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:16 pm

Any chance we get letters tomorrow? I’m dying over here

nparks3

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Georgia July 2018 Exam

Postby nparks3 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:02 pm

Emorygrad2018 wrote:Any chance we get letters tomorrow? I’m dying over here


I really hope so! Then I can check in the comfort of my home lol

JusTrynnaPass

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:50 pm

Re: Georgia July 2018 Exam

Postby JusTrynnaPass » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:57 pm

I have had almost everyone at work telling me, "Don't worry, of course you passed." I think that statement has been raising my anxiety more than anything. The weight of expectations is super annoying. Friday cannot get here soon enough!

jarvis1104

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 2:32 pm

Re: Georgia July 2018 Exam

Postby jarvis1104 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:08 pm

Are letters mailed out the same day that results are posted online?

nparks3

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Georgia July 2018 Exam

Postby nparks3 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:21 pm

jarvis1104 wrote:Are letters mailed out the same day that results are posted online?


That’s what it seems like from past threads but I honestly have no clue. I would love any kind of early notification though.

Clarke0003

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:48 pm

Re: Georgia July 2018 Exam

Postby Clarke0003 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:33 pm

nparks3 wrote:
jarvis1104 wrote:Are letters mailed out the same day that results are posted online?


That’s what it seems like from past threads but I honestly have no clue. I would love any kind of early notification though.



Maybe letters for those who passed along with their certification. The notification from February just stated that I didn't' pass, listed my score, and said this was the only communication I will receive from the GA Bar regarding February bar results. I don't think GA sends letters if you fail.

ajel190

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:44 pm

Re: Georgia July 2018 Exam

Postby ajel190 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:17 pm

Georgia doesn’t send letters. The address update is just for the purpose of having the correct address to mail out licenses (assuming you pass) in the event you can’t pick it up at the admission ceremony.



Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FinallyPassedTheBar, Google [Bot], xonimi and 12 guests