New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
TheJuryMustDie

Bronze
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Postby TheJuryMustDie » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:39 am

ZipsFan23 wrote:So..........tonight?


I wouldn't think so. Today is Sunday, man!

tiffannybrown

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:05 pm

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Postby tiffannybrown » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:53 am

TheJuryMustDie wrote:
ZipsFan23 wrote:So..........tonight?


I wouldn't think so. Today is Sunday, man!


But a midnight release would mean it was released on a Monday, is that how it works?

NotYourAvocado

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:53 pm

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Postby NotYourAvocado » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:15 am

tiffannybrown wrote:
TheJuryMustDie wrote:
ZipsFan23 wrote:So..........tonight?


I wouldn't think so. Today is Sunday, man!


But a midnight release would mean it was released on a Monday, is that how it works?


Technically yes, but it would also mean that they would have someone work late on Sunday night which is just highly unlikely

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Postby TheJuryMustDie » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:29 am

tiffannybrown wrote:
TheJuryMustDie wrote:
ZipsFan23 wrote:So..........tonight?


I wouldn't think so. Today is Sunday, man!


But a midnight release would mean it was released on a Monday, is that how it works?


I think it would be a Monday evening/night release for a Tuesday official release date.

Cop2lawyerNYC

New
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:51 pm

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Postby Cop2lawyerNYC » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:35 am

TheJuryMustDie wrote:
tiffannybrown wrote:
TheJuryMustDie wrote:
ZipsFan23 wrote:So..........tonight?


I wouldn't think so. Today is Sunday, man!


But a midnight release would mean it was released on a Monday, is that how it works?


I think it would be a Monday evening/night release for a Tuesday official release date.


I think it will be Tuesday for a Wednesday “official” release. Last year the press release was dated 10/24. I don’t think BOLE would like to go earlier because it’ll set an expectation to release earlier and earlier. These are civil servants, after all.

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Postby TheJuryMustDie » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:12 am

Cop2lawyerNYC wrote:
TheJuryMustDie wrote:
tiffannybrown wrote:
TheJuryMustDie wrote:
ZipsFan23 wrote:So..........tonight?


I wouldn't think so. Today is Sunday, man!


But a midnight release would mean it was released on a Monday, is that how it works?


I think it would be a Monday evening/night release for a Tuesday official release date.


I think it will be Tuesday for a Wednesday “official” release. Last year the press release was dated 10/24. I don’t think BOLE would like to go earlier because it’ll set an expectation to release earlier and earlier. These are civil servants, after all.


Hope you are wrong. The earlier the better. My life is literarily on hold at the moment..

tiffannybrown

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:05 pm

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Postby tiffannybrown » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:14 am

NotYourAvocado wrote:
tiffannybrown wrote:
TheJuryMustDie wrote:
ZipsFan23 wrote:So..........tonight?


I wouldn't think so. Today is Sunday, man!


But a midnight release would mean it was released on a Monday, is that how it works?


Technically yes, but it would also mean that they would have someone work late on Sunday night which is just highly unlikely



I would think the results are set to go out automatically, hence the midnight responses. I don’t think anyone is working at midnight any day of the week

NotYourAvocado

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:53 pm

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Postby NotYourAvocado » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:32 am

tiffannybrown wrote:
NotYourAvocado wrote:
tiffannybrown wrote:
TheJuryMustDie wrote:
ZipsFan23 wrote:So..........tonight?


I wouldn't think so. Today is Sunday, man!


But a midnight release would mean it was released on a Monday, is that how it works?


Technically yes, but it would also mean that they would have someone work late on Sunday night which is just highly unlikely



I would think the results are set to go out automatically, hence the midnight responses. I don’t think anyone is working at midnight any day of the week


Oh I'm sure they don't manually send out emails. But there would definitely be tech support on call - things do happen...

pvnyc

New
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Postby pvnyc » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:56 am

A third failure is not the birthday present I want

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Postby TheJuryMustDie » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:01 pm

pvnyc wrote:A third failure is not the birthday present I want


I hope you'll get the best birthday gift ever! :)

HopingIPass2929

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:01 pm

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Postby HopingIPass2929 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:04 pm

According to JoeSeparac, they have never released on Sunday night. Hoping this is a first though

User avatar
Wild Card

Bronze
Posts: 445
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:48 pm

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Postby Wild Card » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:06 pm

How does it work? You get an email with a nondescript subject, the body says "the results of your exam are out...," and you have to log in to a BOLE website to confirm? And all you see is PASS (or heaven forfend FAIL)?

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Postby TheJuryMustDie » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:07 pm

Wild Card wrote:How does it work? You get an email with a nondescript subject, the body says "the results of your exam are out...," and you have to log in to a BOLE website to confirm? And all you see is PASS (or heaven forfend FAIL)?


PDF attached.

Findedeux

Bronze
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 7:10 pm

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Postby Findedeux » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:18 pm

TheJuryMustDie wrote:
Wild Card wrote:How does it work? You get an email with a nondescript subject, the body says "the results of your exam are out...," and you have to log in to a BOLE website to confirm? And all you see is PASS (or heaven forfend FAIL)?


PDF attached.


I don't see a PDF?

Ramis00

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:45 pm

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Postby Ramis00 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:30 pm

Findedeux wrote:
TheJuryMustDie wrote:
Wild Card wrote:How does it work? You get an email with a nondescript subject, the body says "the results of your exam are out...," and you have to log in to a BOLE website to confirm? And all you see is PASS (or heaven forfend FAIL)?


PDF attached.


I don't see a PDF?


They mean there’s a PDF attached to the email that BOLE sends out, which will tell you if you passed or failed.

diatribe

New
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:04 pm

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Postby diatribe » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:07 pm

Findedeux wrote:
TheJuryMustDie wrote:
Wild Card wrote:How does it work? You get an email with a nondescript subject, the body says "the results of your exam are out...," and you have to log in to a BOLE website to confirm? And all you see is PASS (or heaven forfend FAIL)?


PDF attached.


I don't see a PDF?


This guy thought a pdf was uploaded to TLS xD

Findedeux

Bronze
Posts: 118
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 7:10 pm

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Postby Findedeux » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:43 pm

So when we get the email re pass/fail we still have to wait for a letter (snail mail) with our score or is that in the email too?

And it tells both MBE and MEE or just MBE?

sammyveritas

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Postby sammyveritas » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:56 pm

So.............everyone thinking this is happening tomorrow?????????!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :D

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Postby TheJuryMustDie » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:25 pm

Findedeux wrote:So when we get the email re pass/fail we still have to wait for a letter (snail mail) with our score or is that in the email too?

And it tells both MBE and MEE or just MBE?


The email tells you whether or not you pass. It also includes your scores whether you pass or not. If you pass, you'll get your MBE scaled score and your overall UBE score. If you don't however, you will get your scaled MBE score plus the breakdown of your written scores.

Great45

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:55 pm

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Postby Great45 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:25 pm

sammyveritas wrote:So.............everyone thinking this is happening tomorrow?????????!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :D


Tomorrow. Some time between 10:30 pm and midnight.

Ohnt

New
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:48 am

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Postby Ohnt » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:34 pm

Finally! Haha. :D

Great45 wrote:
sammyveritas wrote:So.............everyone thinking this is happening tomorrow?????????!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :D


Tomorrow. Some time between 10:30 pm and midnight.

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Postby TheJuryMustDie » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:42 pm

Great45 wrote:
sammyveritas wrote:So.............everyone thinking this is happening tomorrow?????????!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :D


Tomorrow. Some time between 10:30 pm and midnight.


You guys seem to be very certain about tomorrow. Being in Europe, a midnight release would mean I have to stay up till 6am...

IndoubtputC

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Postby IndoubtputC » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:32 pm

Great45 wrote:
sammyveritas wrote:So.............everyone thinking this is happening tomorrow?????????!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :D


Tomorrow. Some time between 10:30 pm and midnight.

Or maybe Oct 31. Again, we have no way of actually knowing until the email rolls in since they don't tell us.

NotYourAvocado

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:53 pm

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Postby NotYourAvocado » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:34 pm

IndoubtputC wrote:
Great45 wrote:
sammyveritas wrote:So.............everyone thinking this is happening tomorrow?????????!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :D


Tomorrow. Some time between 10:30 pm and midnight.

Or maybe Oct 31. Again, we have no way of actually knowing until the email rolls in since they don't tell us.


Don't say things like that :shock:
I prefer to be in blissful denial of that being a possibility (which it totally is)

IndoubtputC

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: New York July 2018 Bar Exam Hangout Thread

Postby IndoubtputC » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:48 pm

NotYourAvocado wrote:
IndoubtputC wrote:
Great45 wrote:
sammyveritas wrote:So.............everyone thinking this is happening tomorrow?????????!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :D


Tomorrow. Some time between 10:30 pm and midnight.

Or maybe Oct 31. Again, we have no way of actually knowing until the email rolls in since they don't tell us.


Don't say things like that :shock:
I prefer to be in blissful denial of that being a possibility (which it totally is)

Oh I understand, I just don't want anyone following this thread to think tomorrow is definitely the day and then ti get freaked out if they hear nothing.



Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests