NJ Exam

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
diatribe

New

Re: NJ Exam

Postby diatribe » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:48 pm

gordonisaac388 wrote:
Houstonttt wrote:
mg5764483 wrote:Congratulations! Unfortunately I wasn't so successful on the exam. This is my first time taking it and I used Kaplan. I've heard some good things about Marino Bar Review. Does anybody have any experience with them? Any advice would help! Thanks.

Its ok I am confident next time we can do it.
Do you mind sharing you score on kaplan MBE final score and the real score??

Sure, my score on the kaplan MBE final was about a scaled 130 and my real MBE score was 115.

So you mean your Kaplan MBE final was about a 110 and your scaled MBE was 115? Kaplan doesn't scale your scores, but they did tell us that you can reasonably expect a 20 point scaled increase. I'm assuming that's what you did here. And the MBE score you receive is already scaled

gordonisaac388

New

Postby gordonisaac388 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:20 pm

diatribe wrote:
gordonisaac388 wrote:
Houstonttt wrote:
mg5764483 wrote:Congratulations! Unfortunately I wasn't so successful on the exam. This is my first time taking it and I used Kaplan. I've heard some good things about Marino Bar Review. Does anybody have any experience with them? Any advice would help! Thanks.

Its ok I am confident next time we can do it.
Do you mind sharing you score on kaplan MBE final score and the real score??

Sure, my score on the kaplan MBE final was about a scaled 130 and my real MBE score was 115.

So you mean your Kaplan MBE final was about a 110 and your scaled MBE was 115? Kaplan doesn't scale your scores, but they did tell us that you can reasonably expect a 20 point scaled increase. I'm assuming that's what you did here. And the MBE score you receive is already scaled

Re: mg5764483, I called Marino and received a free evaluation. I was really impressed with who I spoke to, they were able to help me figure out what went wrong. I'm leaning towards using them.

sarahbturner32

New

Postby sarahbturner32 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:24 pm

I used their retaker program and would recommend since it worked well for me. The biggest thing that their program helped me with is learning strategies to increase my scores. Through a lot of practice I was able to get the results I wanted and passed the exam. Everybody's different when it comes to strengths and weaknesses and I believe their program recognizes that. Hope this helps!

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�