Transferring MBE scores to Washington D.C. Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
qazplm123

New

Transferring MBE scores to Washington D.C.

Post by qazplm123 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:54 pm

DC offers people who failed the Bar but scored a 133 MBE to transfer their scores and sit for the MPT/MEE day only. Has anyone gone this route before? I am about sick and tired of this California exam :roll:

b290

Bronze

Re: Transferring MBE scores to Washington D.C.

Post by b290 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:37 am

qazplm123 wrote:DC offers people who failed the Bar but scored a 133 MBE to transfer their scores and sit for the MPT/MEE day only. Has anyone gone this route before? I am about sick and tired of this California exam :roll:
Problem: That route, if I'm not mistaken, is under the section for UBE admission. California hasn't adopted the UBE, so unless there's some other exception, you're stuck taking the whole exam.

Applicable rule: https://www.dccourts.gov/sites/default/ ... ule_46.pdf

My $.02

qazplm123

New

Post by qazplm123 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:52 pm

b290 wrote:
qazplm123 wrote:DC offers people who failed the Bar but scored a 133 MBE to transfer their scores and sit for the MPT/MEE day only. Has anyone gone this route before? I am about sick and tired of this California exam :roll:
Problem: That route, if I'm not mistaken, is under the section for UBE admission. California hasn't adopted the UBE, so unless there's some other exception, you're stuck taking the whole exam.

My $.02
I do see your point but the MBE is the same nationwide so I don’t see why they would only accept MBE scores from UBE jurisdictions. I failed the MBE with a 142 which is a passing MBE score in virtually all jurisdictions. I don’t want to take the MBE again is all.

JohnnieSockran

Bronze

Post by JohnnieSockran » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:18 pm

Last edited by JohnnieSockran on Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnnieSockran

Bronze

Post by JohnnieSockran » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:21 pm

b290 wrote:

My $.02
SCroll down futher at that link and this is what you'll find:

(8) General Considerations Regarding the Examination.

(A) The examination shall be the Uniform Bar Examination (UBE)
developed by NCBE. The UBE consists of a written component, consisting of the Multistate Essay
Examination (MEE) and the Multistate Performance Test (MPT), and a multiple choice
component, which is the Multistate Bar Examination (MBE).

(B) An applicant may request the Committee to accept an MBE score from
a prior examination administration provided that:

(i) The prior MBE scaled score is not less than 133; and
(ii) The prior administration was within 25 months of the present
administration.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

qazplm123

New

Post by qazplm123 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:37 pm

JohnnieSockran wrote:
b290 wrote:

My $.02

developed by NCBE. The UBE consists of a written component, consisting of the Multistate Essay
Examination (MEE) and the Multistate Performance Test (MPT), and a multiple choice

administration.
Ok I read that too. The format is UBE but I don’t see anywhere that they exclude non-UBE MBE scores. I’m pretty confident my Cali MBE qualifies to sit for only the MEE/MPT day only but maybe I’m still reading it all wrong? :( I’m tired

JohnnieSockran

Bronze

Post by JohnnieSockran » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:43 pm

qazplm123 wrote:
JohnnieSockran wrote:
b290 wrote:

My $.02

administration.
Ok I read that too. The format is UBE but I don’t see anywhere that they exclude non-UBE MBE scores. I’m pretty confident my Cali MBE qualifies to sit for only the MEE/MPT day only but maybe I’m still reading it all wrong? :( I’m tired
Pickup the phone and call DC.

qazplm123

New

Post by qazplm123 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:48 pm

JohnnieSockran wrote:
qazplm123 wrote:
JohnnieSockran wrote:
b290 wrote:

My $.02

administration.
That’s ok. I’ll do things my way, sweetie :D but I do thank you for the input and the immense amount of help you provided. Have a blessed day.

JohnnieSockran

Bronze

Post by JohnnieSockran » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:50 pm

qazplm123 wrote:
JohnnieSockran wrote:
qazplm123 wrote:
JohnnieSockran wrote:
b290 wrote:

My $.02

administration.
That’s ok. I’ll do things my way, sweetie :D but I do thank you for the input and the immense amount of help you provided. Have a blessed day.
No offense, but maybe that attitude is why you haven't passed the bar...
And the DC bar is the only one that can answer this question.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

qazplm123

New

Post by qazplm123 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:56 pm

JohnnieSockran wrote:
qazplm123 wrote:
JohnnieSockran wrote:
qazplm123 wrote:
JohnnieSockran wrote:
b290 wrote:

My $.02

administration.
No offense, but maybe that attitude is why you haven't passed the bar...
And the DC bar is the only one that can answer this question.
Oh but what attitude is that? I was wishing you a blessed day and thanking you for your help. I would never take offense to constructive advice sweetie. You seem to be having a bad day or perhaps a problem with your temper? Who am I to judge, I hope the day gets better for you :)

JohnnieSockran

Bronze

Post by JohnnieSockran » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:49 pm

No, my day is just fine, and I don't mean this offensively, but saying "no thanks, I won't spend the energy to pickup the phone and call the people with the actual answers, I'd rather just continue guessing with the advice of strangers on the internet" seems to *possibly* suggest that the work ethic for passing a bar exam isn't there for you, at least not right now. Not that you can't pass this exam, just that maybe you need to reevaluate and look inside yourself and consider whether you're really putting your best foot forward, or if you're holding something back out of anger/disdain for this test.

And I say this as someone who failed the CA bar exam the first time, but passed the second. I had a lot of anger toward the test and its graders. So I'm not in a bad mood, and I don't intend to sound harsh, I'm just giving my honest opinion that you are portraying a strange lack of work ethic if you don't want to take the time to just call the DC bar's office to ask for a clarification. It's also weird that you keep calling me sweetie, but maybe that is a generational/cultural thing, and not intended to come across as sarcastic.

SaiyanRose

New

Post by SaiyanRose » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:15 pm

JohnnieSockran wrote:No, my day is just fine, and I don't mean this offensively, but saying "no thanks, I won't spend the energy to pickup the phone and call the people with the actual answers, I'd rather just continue guessing with the advice of strangers on the internet" seems to *possibly* suggest that the work ethic for passing a bar exam isn't there for you, at least not right now. Not that you can't pass this exam, just that maybe you need to reevaluate and look inside yourself and consider whether you're really putting your best foot forward, or if you're holding something back out of anger/disdain for this test.

And I say this as someone who failed the CA bar exam the first time, but passed the second. I had a lot of anger toward the test and its graders. So I'm not in a bad mood, and I don't intend to sound harsh, I'm just giving my honest opinion that you are portraying a strange lack of work ethic if you don't want to take the time to just call the DC bar's office to ask for a clarification. It's also weird that you keep calling me sweetie, but maybe that is a generational/cultural thing, and not intended to come across as sarcastic.
Your "honest opinion" came out as toxic behavior. You are in no position to go around telling people why they failed the Bar. He came with a question and you decided to go the toxic route. Both of your responses were disrespectful and immature ("pick up the phone" and "this is probably why you failed the Bar.")

Keep your toxic responses to yourself. This should be a Troll-free environment. This isn't reddit. Repeat takers come here for guidance when they are in their darkest times after failing the bar.

diatribe

New

Post by diatribe » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:38 am

qazplm123 wrote:
b290 wrote:

My $.02
I do see your point but the MBE is the same nationwide so I don’t see why they would only accept MBE scores from UBE jurisdictions. I failed the MBE with a 142 which is a passing MBE score in virtually all jurisdictions. I don’t want to take the MBE again is all.
qazplm123 wrote:
JohnnieSockran wrote:
qazplm123 wrote:
JohnnieSockran wrote:
b290 wrote:

My $.02

administration.
OP is toxic on the two forums I've seen him on now xD

https://www.reddit.com/r/LawSchool/comm ... be_scores/

You catch more flies with honey, "sweetie"

JohnnieSockran

Bronze

Post by JohnnieSockran » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:25 pm

SaiyanRose wrote:
JohnnieSockran wrote:No, my day is just fine, and I don't mean this offensively, but saying "no thanks, I won't spend the energy to pickup the phone and call the people with the actual answers, I'd rather just continue guessing with the advice of strangers on the internet" seems to *possibly* suggest that the work ethic for passing a bar exam isn't there for you, at least not right now. Not that you can't pass this exam, just that maybe you need to reevaluate and look inside yourself and consider whether you're really putting your best foot forward, or if you're holding something back out of anger/disdain for this test.

Your "honest opinion" came out as toxic behavior. You are in no position to go around telling people why they failed the Bar. He came with a question and you decided to go the toxic route. Both of your responses were disrespectful and immature ("pick up the phone" and "this is probably why you failed the Bar.")

Keep your toxic responses to yourself. This should be a Troll-free environment. This isn't reddit. Repeat takers come here for guidance when they are in their darkest times after failing the bar.
OP wants guidance, but doesn't want to follow through? I don't buy it. OP is either a troll or lazy.

And saying "pickup the phone and call DC" was not intended to be disrespectful in any way. They are the only ones that can accurately answer OP's question. I really don't understand how so many people on here misinterpret directness as rudeness.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”