I just got an email from NYS BOLE re: admission requirements from this exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
maroon175

Bronze

Re: I just got an email from NYS BOLE re: admission requirements from this exam

Post by maroon175 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:06 pm

greenbear89 wrote:"I've heard they only send this letter if you passed" is definitely not something those of us who havent received it want to hear only 2 weeks into this waiting game lol. OP are you sure about this? Can anyone else reading on here who has knowledge about how this has worked in the past give us some insight? I'm an out-of-state applicant so I guess I'd be the Third Department.
I second that. OP should be more careful before throwing out baseless information concerning bar passage. The consensus from the thread is that receipt of the letter is not any indication as to whether someone passed or failed.

frqw9201

New

Post by frqw9201 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:17 pm

maroon175 wrote:
greenbear89 wrote:"I've heard they only send this letter if you passed" is definitely not something those of us who havent received it want to hear only 2 weeks into this waiting game lol. OP are you sure about this? Can anyone else reading on here who has knowledge about how this has worked in the past give us some insight? I'm an out-of-state applicant so I guess I'd be the Third Department.
I second that. OP should be more careful before throwing out baseless information concerning bar passage. The consensus from the thread is that receipt of the letter is not any indication as to whether someone passed or failed.
this is TLS, almost everything people post is baseless information

if you can't handle something like this then you shouldn't be coming on this forum, you assumed the risk of reading people's bs

Iamchromes

New

Post by Iamchromes » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:15 pm

Can anybody kindly direct me to the 2019 February NY Bar prep forum or WhatsApp group? I am a foreign trained attorney. I am down to receive all ‘pdf form’ study materials e.g practice questions, MBE outline etc from generous 2018 NY bar exam finalist.

sammyveritas

New

Post by sammyveritas » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:17 pm

I am out of state and received this email and a letter from 4th judicial department. But I think this is just auto-generated, and goes out to everyone....not thinking it is anything to get anyone's hopes up over, unless this is historically the case.

PuzzleBubble

New

Post by PuzzleBubble » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:08 pm

Did anyone receive something like this from THIRD dept? I still haven't received one :(

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LegaleZy

New

Post by LegaleZy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:52 pm

PuzzleBubble wrote:Did anyone receive something like this from THIRD dept? I still haven't received one :(
I believe I’m 3rd department and I haven’t received anything.

White Dwarf

Bronze

Post by White Dwarf » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:11 pm

LegaleZy wrote:
PuzzleBubble wrote:Did anyone receive something like this from THIRD dept? I still haven't received one :(
I believe I’m 3rd department and I haven’t received anything.
Same

CBlaw

New

Post by CBlaw » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:47 pm

RareExports wrote:On a related note, how do you know to which judicial department you will be assigned? And what is the significance, if any?
Bump. Im an out of stater that sat for July 2018 exam. Wanted to know this as well. When are we supposed to start the application process? Plus I have the same questions as above

Neilt001

Post by Neilt001 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:19 am

CBlaw wrote:
RareExports wrote:On a related note, how do you know to which judicial department you will be assigned? And what is the significance, if any?
Bump. Im an out of stater that sat for July 2018 exam. Wanted to know this as well. When are we supposed to start the application process? Plus I have the same questions as above
So each department looks after different counties in the state, and each department sits in a different location and has its own application procedure. Foreign takers (and I assume out of staters?) are usually allocated to the third dept. See here: https://www.nycourts.gov/courts/appella ... ions.shtml

I think the departments will contact you according to their own procedures. For example the third dept sent me a letter after the bar (but before results came out) about next steps, etc, but of course you can visit their website as well. Hope that helps!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PuzzleBubble

New

Post by PuzzleBubble » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:34 pm

OK, so it seems like we in the third department won't get anything like this forever. Thank you for being always nice to foreigners :|

Cmal123

New

Post by Cmal123 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:39 am

Does anyone know if any of the documents/affidavits we need to submit expire? The instructions say everything must be filed within 3 years of receiving a letter that you passed the bar.

So for instance, if i have all my law related employers fill out the required affidavit now and then (god forbid) get news that I didn't pass the July bar, the affidavits would still be good for me to submit after passing the February 2019 bar, right? Just want to make sure I'm reading it correctly so I don't make double work for myself..or my previous employers. TIA!

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:01 am

PuzzleBubble wrote:OK, so it seems like we in the third department won't get anything like this forever. Thank you for being always nice to foreigners :|
It's a bit odd the Third Department hasn't sent out application package almost a month to results being released..

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:03 am

Cmal123 wrote:Does anyone know if any of the documents/affidavits we need to submit expire? The instructions say everything must be filed within 3 years of receiving a letter that you passed the bar.

So for instance, if i have all my law related employers fill out the required affidavit now and then (god forbid) get news that I didn't pass the July bar, the affidavits would still be good for me to submit after passing the February 2019 bar, right? Just want to make sure I'm reading it correctly so I don't make double work for myself..or my previous employers. TIA!
I seem to have read somewhere that the affidavits generally have a life span of maximum of six months regardless of which departments you belong.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

EncyclopediaOrange

Bronze

Post by EncyclopediaOrange » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:13 am

I just got one from the 3rd department... which I hope doesn't mean I will be certified to the third department. All of my forms have been completed for the first and I live in Manhattan.

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:33 am

EncyclopediaOrange wrote:I just got one from the 3rd department... which I hope doesn't mean I will be certified to the third department. All of my forms have been completed for the first and I live in Manhattan.
Got one for the 3rd Department too. I need to start putting documents together then.. Fingers crossed.

EncyclopediaOrange

Bronze

Post by EncyclopediaOrange » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:46 pm

EncyclopediaOrange wrote:I just got one from the 3rd department... which I hope doesn't mean I will be certified to the third department. All of my forms have been completed for the first and I live in Manhattan.
The email was sent to everyone who would have been in the 3rd department when we took the exam, it does not necessarily mean you will be certified to the 3rd department.

TheJuryMustDie

Bronze

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:47 pm

"JULY 2018 BAR EXAMINATION

The New York Bar Examination was administered on Tuesday and Wednesday, July 24 and 25, 2018 to 9,679 candidates. The Board is in the process of grading exam papers. Results are expected to be released in late October. "

Still a long way to wait then... :( :( :( :(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”