JULY 2018 UBE

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Jdsquared87

New

JULY 2018 UBE

Postby Jdsquared87 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:11 pm

Hello fellow TLSers!

Just sat for NJ and feeling like i got hit by a truck by the PM mbe. Essays and MPTs were straight forward though i ran out of time on the 2nd PT.

This is my 2nd go of this god forsaken exam. Just keeping my fingers crossed and praying that my 68% kaplan final and 80% average on the practice qs are accurate and I don't have to sit fpr a 3rd time.

How is everyone feeling?

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Re: JULY 2018 UBE

Postby SilvermanBarPrep » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:35 pm

I'm definitely getting much feedback from my students that the MBE was tricky. With complete honesty, though, I can tell you that I get this feedback after every exam, and many of those who thought the MBE was extremely difficult do end up passing. Only thing I've learned is that the ultimate result very difficult to predict.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

diatribe

New

Postby diatribe » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:36 pm

Jdsquared87 wrote:Hello fellow TLSers!

Just sat for NJ and feeling like i got hit by a truck by the PM mbe. Essays and MPTs were straight forward though i ran out of time on the 2nd PT.

This is my 2nd go of this god forsaken exam. Just keeping my fingers crossed and praying that my 68% kaplan final and 80% average on the practice qs are accurate and I don't have to sit fpr a 3rd time.

How is everyone feeling?

Didn't you post this verbatim post in the now deleted July 2018 MBE reactions thread? Lol

I'll rehash what I said in that thread too then: MBE sucked. Morning portion felt like my top Kaplan midterm and final MBE scores had prepared me for. Felt like I was going to get another 160+. Afternoon portion was awful and now I imagine I'll be back for February. Going to lose that post-bar position woot

max_p

New

Postby max_p » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:52 pm

I also sat for NJ. Felt great about the AM session of the MBE, not so much about the PM portion. I think the fatigue really set in for the PM MBE.

As for the essays, how much can a person miss and still pass? I crushed the first two questions, the evidence question, and most of the trusts question. However, I totally guessed (i.e., I made shit up) for the property question. Probably did not say anything accurate in that entire question.

Cop2lawyerNYC

New

Postby Cop2lawyerNYC » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:54 pm

SilvermanBarPrep wrote:I'm definitely getting much feedback from my students that the MBE was tricky. With complete honesty, though, I can tell you that I get this feedback after every exam, and many of those who thought the MBE was extremely difficult do end up passing. Only thing I've learned is that the ultimate result very difficult to predict.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

That afternoon session was a kick in the b@lls. But, if I could go back and do MBE day again I’d only change 5 answers—out of 200! And that’s the problem. I don’t even know where to begin to see if I got a good chunk of those unfamiliar questions right or wrong. They’re not in my study material. If I fail and have to take this again I don’t even know what I’d have to do to be prepared.

tlsadmin3

Postby tlsadmin3 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:07 pm

Congrats on surviving this week!! Please don't post the questions from the bar or your answers. Definitely tell us how much it sucked or how well you did on certain parts. But no specifics. Thanks you guys! #walkaway

ericray21808

New

Postby ericray21808 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:10 pm

MBE = COMPLETE SHIT SHOW!
Prob 30/200 I felt confident in.
Felt like Themis/AdaptiBar did not help me with the MBE at all!
I could have taken off last three weeks and did the same.

Findedeux

Bronze

Postby Findedeux » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:52 pm

Well at the the very least if it was harder then the scaling process should take care of that.

Jdsquared87

New

Postby Jdsquared87 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:00 pm

diatribe wrote:
Jdsquared87 wrote:Hello fellow TLSers!

How is everyone feeling?

Didn't you post this verbatim post in the now deleted July 2018 MBE reactions thread? Lol

I'll rehash what I said in that thread too then: MBE sucked. Morning portion felt like my top Kaplan midterm and final MBE scores had prepared me for. Felt like I was going to get another 160+. Afternoon portion was awful and now I imagine I'll be back for February. Going to lose that post-bar position woot

Yes, this is exactly what I wrote in the other post. I had a funny feeling the thread was going to be shut down due to all the mbe chatter lol.

I'm pretty much just holding out any hope until those results come out!!!

Allux

New

Postby Allux » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:46 pm

Findedeux wrote:Well at the the very least if it was harder then the scaling process should take care of that.

I thought many of them are similar to adaptibar. There was one of them are 99% identical

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?