Anyone know how to tell which civ pro questions in adaptibar are real? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
DrainTheNCBEswamp

New

Anyone know how to tell which civ pro questions in adaptibar are real?

Post by DrainTheNCBEswamp » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:44 pm

Adaptibar has refused to provide me with information as to which of the civ pro questions are the newly released ones. Have any of you figured out which ones they are or know how to figure it out? It would be annoying to have to purchase them from NCBE when they are already in adaptibar. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Atmosphere

Silver

Re: Anyone know how to tell which civ pro questions in adaptibar are real?

Post by Atmosphere » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:16 pm

Preety sure they’re all simulated

estefanchanning

Bronze

Post by estefanchanning » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:16 pm

DrainTheNCBEswamp wrote:Adaptibar has refused to provide me with information as to which of the civ pro questions are the newly released ones. Have any of you figured out which ones they are or know how to figure it out? It would be annoying to have to purchase them from NCBE when they are already in adaptibar. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
If you're using a computer, fake questions are labeled 'simulated' and real ones don't have that label.

Nightcrawler

Bronze

Post by Nightcrawler » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:48 pm

estefanchanning wrote:
DrainTheNCBEswamp wrote:Adaptibar has refused to provide me with information as to which of the civ pro questions are the newly released ones. Have any of you figured out which ones they are or know how to figure it out? It would be annoying to have to purchase them from NCBE when they are already in adaptibar. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
If you're using a computer, fake questions are labeled 'simulated' and real ones don't have that label.
Remember to select "Show question subject/number" before you start otherwise you'll see whether they are simulated or not only after you answer them.

Also, other trick to distinguish between simulated and real: the real ones are usually written in a clear, unambiguous and concise language; the simulated ones are full of useless repetitions, syntax mistakes (rarely even grammar mistakes), they mention the year 1791 and overall they look like they were written by someone who didn't have time to proofread them.

estefanchanning

Bronze

Post by estefanchanning » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:18 pm

Nightcrawler wrote:
estefanchanning wrote:
Thanks!
Remember to select "Show question subject/number" before you start otherwise you'll see whether they are simulated or not only after you answer them.

Also, other trick to distinguish between simulated and real: the real ones are usually written in a clear, unambiguous and concise language; the simulated ones are full of useless repetitions, syntax mistakes (rarely even grammar mistakes), they mention the year 1791 and overall they look like they were written by someone who didn't have time to proofread them.
Look at this bullshit fucking simulated stupid question:

A landlord, a citizen of State A, sued a State B corporation in a one-count complaint filed in the federal district court in State B. The complaint alleged that the corporation breached its lease. The landlord demanded a jury trial under the Seventh Amendment and asked the court for a writ of ejectment. Lawyers for the corporation argue that the landlord is not entitled to a jury.

How will the judge rule?

A The landlord is entitled to a jury because the Seventh Amendment applies only to suits at common law, and this is a lawsuit at common law.
B The landlord is not entitled to a jury because the Seventh Amendment applies only to suits at common law, and this is a lawsuit in equity.
C The landlord is entitled to a jury because under the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, there is no distinction between law and equity.
D The landlord is not entitled to a jury because the Seventh Amendment applies only to suits at equity, and this is a lawsuit at common law.
[+] Spoiler
A is correct. Even though ejectment does not seek monetary damages, it was historically a writ at common law and hence triggers the Seventh Amendment's jury guarantee.

B is incorrect. Even though ejectment does not seek monetary damages, it historically was a writ at common law.

C is incorrect. The Federal Rules of Civil Procedure eliminated the distinction between law and equity for many purposes -- for instance, for purposes of pleading -- but not for purposes of the Seventh Amendment.

D is incorrect. The Seventh Amendment applies only to suits at common law.
I hope adaptibar fails and another company eclipses them asap.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JusTrynnaPass

New

Post by JusTrynnaPass » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:47 pm

I remember this Adaptibar question. I think I had a mini-heart attack thinking I needed to learn what specific rights/laws existed at the birth of the Seventh Amendment and the intentions of our founding fathers. The sample released questions from the NCBE don't seem to be anything close to this.

DrainTheNCBEswamp

New

Post by DrainTheNCBEswamp » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:36 pm

Thanks everyone! Do you guys think its better if i just buy the 201 new questions even though i have adaptibar?

Nightcrawler

Bronze

Post by Nightcrawler » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:45 pm

estefanchanning wrote:
Nightcrawler wrote:
estefanchanning wrote:
Thanks!

Look at this bullshit fucking simulated stupid question:

A landlord, a citizen of State A, sued a State B corporation in a one-count complaint filed in the federal district court in State B. The complaint alleged that the corporation breached its lease. The landlord demanded a jury trial under the Seventh Amendment and asked the court for a writ of ejectment. Lawyers for the corporation argue that the landlord is not entitled to a jury.

How will the judge rule?

A The landlord is entitled to a jury because the Seventh Amendment applies only to suits at common law, and this is a lawsuit at common law.
B The landlord is not entitled to a jury because the Seventh Amendment applies only to suits at common law, and this is a lawsuit in equity.
C The landlord is entitled to a jury because under the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, there is no distinction between law and equity.
D The landlord is not entitled to a jury because the Seventh Amendment applies only to suits at equity, and this is a lawsuit at common law.
[+] Spoiler
A is correct. Even though ejectment does not seek monetary damages, it was historically a writ at common law and hence triggers the Seventh Amendment's jury guarantee.

B is incorrect. Even though ejectment does not seek monetary damages, it historically was a writ at common law.

C is incorrect. The Federal Rules of Civil Procedure eliminated the distinction between law and equity for many purposes -- for instance, for purposes of pleading -- but not for purposes of the Seventh Amendment.

D is incorrect. The Seventh Amendment applies only to suits at common law.
I hope adaptibar fails and another company eclipses them asap.
WTF?? Is that even true? Ejectment is an equitable remedy. Whatever. Luckily real Civ Pro questions look nothing like these. And I agree on them being taken over by someone else. They are still a good program, but only because there's nothing else like them out there. If their explanations (and simulated questions) were better, competition wouldn't stand a chance.
Last edited by Nightcrawler on Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nightcrawler

Bronze

Post by Nightcrawler » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:48 pm

DrainTheNCBEswamp wrote:Thanks everyone! Do you guys think its better if i just buy the 201 new questions even though i have adaptibar?
If you already have Adaptibar I wouldn't just because Adaptibar has them with explanations (even if most of the time crappy explanations, but it's better than none). If you want to practice only new questions, just make the program show the question number and do all the questions numbered >#1,700ish. It sucks that there's not an option for that so you'll have to spoil the subject name.

LexBoogie

New

Post by LexBoogie » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:21 am

Sooooo, I was a lil’ extra and through some cross-referencing figured out that the 210 recently released Qs start with Civ Pro at #1901. Pretty sure that each topic is covered alphabetically through 2131/2132. Annoying af that adaptibar will not provide this information or let users isolate these Qs as a practice exam.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”