AUGUST 2018 - MPRE DISCUSSION Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
clsturtle

New

Re: AUGUST 2018 - MPRE DISCUSSION

Post by clsturtle » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:00 pm

GFox345 wrote:Bump for Scores Today or Tomorrow per http://www.ncbex.org/

Where did you find that they are coming out today or tomorrow?

AussieAustin

New

Post by AussieAustin » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:16 pm

clsturtle wrote:
GFox345 wrote:Bump for Scores Today or Tomorrow per http://www.ncbex.org/
There’s a banner at the top of the website with flashing announcements. It’s there. Took me a minute to find it. For some reason I thought the results came out ten weeks after the exam. Not sure where on earth I got that from.

Where did you find that they are coming out today or tomorrow?

johngotti

Bronze

Post by johngotti » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:56 pm

posted for me, barely passed but I'll take it

cardiganbackyardigan

New

Post by cardiganbackyardigan » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:19 pm

Scores are up.

Calbears123

Bronze

Post by Calbears123 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:37 pm

Studied for a week, read the Barbri long outline and did the four practice exams.

Score: 114

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AussieAustin

New

Post by AussieAustin » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:52 pm

I got 111

Findedeux

Bronze

Post by Findedeux » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:02 pm

the bar could learn alot from a 3 week turnaround

valgus

New

Post by valgus » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:33 pm

This is my 3rd MPRE. Failed the first one due to surgery scheduled just before the exam, and being on painkillers. Passed the second, and had to take again to practice in a second state. Did Themis for videos, outline, and practice questions/test, and did Barmax and Kaplan practice questions. Passed with a 123, needed an 80. I may have over-studied, but it's better than the alternative. Congrats, everyone who passed, and to those who didn't, you'll get it next time.

To anyone looking at this in the future, practice questions, with review of why you got correct/incorrect answers was the most helpful to me. I read the outline once all the way through, and reviewed sections based on areas I was consistently missing questions in. I watched the videos, and made my own outline.

Blueplanet

New

Post by Blueplanet » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:10 pm

I'm a foreign attorney. Took the MPRE for the first time. I used Kaplan. Watched the lecture, read the outline and took the 4 practice tests whilst driving down the 101 highway and did 80 of the practice questions. Needed 86 and got 105.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Findedeux

Bronze

Post by Findedeux » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:44 pm

Blueplanet wrote:I'm a foreign attorney. Took the MPRE for the first time. I used Kaplan. Watched the lecture, read the outline and took the 4 practice tests whilst driving down the 101 highway and did 80 of the practice questions. Needed 86 and got 105.
You did all your studying while driving?

That's a little scary.

Lawworld19

Bronze

Post by Lawworld19 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:59 am

Half ass studied for 3-4 days after work before MPRE and got a 98. Not really sure how you can fail. I am not one who got a high lsat either. I felt like I practically guessed on 70% of the MPRE and I still got a 98.

jcwest

New

Post by jcwest » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:01 pm

Scaled Score: 114

Phew... one down... now just the bar results. Actually got an email this morning from the bar admissions board... my heart was racing...

I go into the website to find out they were telling me to update my personal information... thanks.

Neilt001

Post by Neilt001 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:12 pm

AussieAustin wrote:
cardiganbackyardigan wrote:Looking through previous threads, it looks like scores are typically released a day earlier than announced. Since the NCBE promised to release scores tomorrow that would mean, assuming the pattern holds, that scores would be released today. Has anyone received notice of scores yet?
Nope :cry
I PASSED!! I received a notice of certification from the Board of Examiners today, indicating that I've now passed all three exams (NYBX, NYLE and MPRE). However, I can't seem to find anything from the NCBE or anyone else about my MPRE score. I'm interested...

Anyone know where to get that? Or maybe we'll just receive an email over the next day or so...?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

AussieAustin

New

Post by AussieAustin » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:45 pm

Neilt001 wrote:
AussieAustin wrote:
cardiganbackyardigan wrote:Looking through previous threads, it looks like scores are typically released a day earlier than announced. Since the NCBE promised to release scores tomorrow that would mean, assuming the pattern holds, that scores would be released today. Has anyone received notice of scores yet?
I PASSED!! I received a notice of certification from the Board of Examiners today, indicating that I've now passed all three exams (NYBX, NYLE and MPRE). However, I can't seem to find anything from the NCBE or anyone else about my MPRE score. I'm interested...

Anyone know where to get that? Or maybe we'll just receive an email over the next day or so...?
You should find it in your account under files.

Neilt001

Post by Neilt001 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:10 am

AussieAustin wrote:
Neilt001 wrote:
AussieAustin wrote:

You should find it in your account under files.
Oh you're right. Thanks!

Omerta

Bronze

Post by Omerta » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:02 pm

Glad I checked this thread, because it prompted me to look and see how I did. I got a 108. I did two Themis practice sections the night before and printed the outline and studied for ~25 mins while we were waiting to go in the room.

For people who are taking the second bar, I definitely felt like just looking at some practice questions and the answers was enough to get the job done.

CALTEX

New

Post by CALTEX » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:30 pm

Score of 123

I took Themis for California Bar Preparation (waiting on those results, yikes!) and got a free MPRE prep course with the bar review course. I read the outline twice and completed all of the practice tests twice. It was worth the effort. California requires a score of 86 and I got a 123. I am already licensed in Texas (many moons ago) and the California Bar made me take the MPRE again because I could not produce a copy (as in a paper copy) of my previous MPRE score when I became licensed in Texas.

Anyway, I was very nervous about the score. On exam day, a fellow test take was thrown out of my class (literally) for some undisclosed violation and the frakas kinda messed up my mojo. AAAAAAnd, I received a parking ticket at the testing location. And when I saw my score of 123, I didn't think I passed because I thought it was based on a percentage - so paranoia ensued. For the entire morning, I was moping around thinking I did not pass. I was already checking for the next test date, etc. Then I checked the California Bar website and it indicated I had a passing score. So, tumultuous day for me, but it ended well. I highly recommend Themis for the MPRE study materials. Good luck to all!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Neilt001

Post by Neilt001 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:02 pm

Congrats! I took Themis as well and thought it was quite good. Got a 111.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”