Past GA bar takers? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Citadelmom

New

Past GA bar takers?

Post by Citadelmom » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:37 pm

Any past Georgia bar takers have any advice? Well other than study and pray.

Anything in particular you noticed that we should study up on in detail?

Omerta

Bronze

Re: Past GA bar takers?

Post by Omerta » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:25 pm

Citadelmom wrote:Any past Georgia bar takers have any advice? Well other than study and pray.

Anything in particular you noticed that we should study up on in detail?
The GA bar isn't hard and is basically an autopass with a good MBE score. I'd recommend boning up on any weak MBE subareas (like, if you're getting 40% of the questions right re: free speech, inchoate crimes, whatever, review that) and make sure you know enough on every essay topic to throw in a few buzz words. Also look for at least one ethics/professionalism issue--it'll be on there.

Citadelmom

New

Re: Past GA bar takers?

Post by Citadelmom » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:56 pm

I have used Kaplan to prepare and their full practice exams gave me horrible grades, yet when I take practice MBE questions in their qbank, I am constantly in the 70th percentile, so who knows!

I actually thought about ethics being an essay question today. If there is something on commercial paper, I will just have to bs that completely!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”