Quick Question -All nighter Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
bdadon

New

Quick Question -All nighter

Post by bdadon » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:58 pm

What day should I start going to bed early (10 pm)?

I have been staying up until at least until 1 am and my body automatically wakes up at 6 am. Personally, I never needed to sleep more than 6 hours. However, I would like to be refreshed.

LockBox

Bronze

Re: Quick Question -All nighter

Post by LockBox » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:23 pm

bdadon wrote:What day should I start going to bed early (10 pm)?

I have been staying up until at least until 1 am and my body automatically wakes up at 6 am. Personally, I never needed to sleep more than 6 hours. However, I would like to be refreshed.
I don't get this question. The point of altering your sleep pattern leading up to the bar is to ensure you're ready to operate at 9 am. If you already sleep at 1 am and can get up by 7 am and operate and function well then why would you need to change anything?

It would prob be better if you were sleeping earlier and getting a full 8 hours in. I think this would be a better pattern to adopt but you know your body/routine and should go with what works.

OMLS48

New

Post by OMLS48 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:30 pm

Yeah, OP, the situation you describe doesn't seem to present any problems given that you're up and ready come test time?

I have been having serious trouble re-adjusting my sleep schedule. I've always operated better at night and throughout the summer, I've been studying from 12 P.M. to 1 A.M., maybe 2. I've slowly slowly tried to make small shifts but my body is fighting it hard. It just doesn't want to shut down until 4 most nights. I'm just going to make it suffer tomorrow and wake up at 7, even if i get a few hours of sleep tonight. maybe it'll re orient me.

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:08 pm

I usually only need 6 hrs as well but I’ve noticed i move much faster through questions when i have a little bit more sleep. I’d try going to bed earlier and see if it makes you more tired. If it does stick to your old routine. Otherwise i would opt for just a little more sleep bc it does help with memory retention. I’ve been opting for more sleep the last two weeks.

ubebarstudying

Bronze

Post by ubebarstudying » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:12 pm

bdadon wrote:What day should I start going to bed early (10 pm)?

I agree with the above. It sounds like you are fine now, so maybe just try to get a couple extra hours in.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”