Quick Question -All nighter

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
bdadon

New

Quick Question -All nighter

Postby bdadon » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:58 pm

What day should I start going to bed early (10 pm)?

I have been staying up until at least until 1 am and my body automatically wakes up at 6 am. Personally, I never needed to sleep more than 6 hours. However, I would like to be refreshed.

LockBox

Bronze

Re: Quick Question -All nighter

Postby LockBox » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:23 pm

bdadon wrote:What day should I start going to bed early (10 pm)?

I have been staying up until at least until 1 am and my body automatically wakes up at 6 am. Personally, I never needed to sleep more than 6 hours. However, I would like to be refreshed.

I don't get this question. The point of altering your sleep pattern leading up to the bar is to ensure you're ready to operate at 9 am. If you already sleep at 1 am and can get up by 7 am and operate and function well then why would you need to change anything?

It would prob be better if you were sleeping earlier and getting a full 8 hours in. I think this would be a better pattern to adopt but you know your body/routine and should go with what works.

OMLS48

New

Postby OMLS48 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:30 pm

Yeah, OP, the situation you describe doesn't seem to present any problems given that you're up and ready come test time?

I have been having serious trouble re-adjusting my sleep schedule. I've always operated better at night and throughout the summer, I've been studying from 12 P.M. to 1 A.M., maybe 2. I've slowly slowly tried to make small shifts but my body is fighting it hard. It just doesn't want to shut down until 4 most nights. I'm just going to make it suffer tomorrow and wake up at 7, even if i get a few hours of sleep tonight. maybe it'll re orient me.

Nicolena.

Bronze

Postby Nicolena. » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:08 pm

I usually only need 6 hrs as well but I’ve noticed i move much faster through questions when i have a little bit more sleep. I’d try going to bed earlier and see if it makes you more tired. If it does stick to your old routine. Otherwise i would opt for just a little more sleep bc it does help with memory retention. I’ve been opting for more sleep the last two weeks.

ubebarstudying

Bronze

Postby ubebarstudying » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:12 pm

bdadon wrote:What day should I start going to bed early (10 pm)?

I agree with the above. It sounds like you are fine now, so maybe just try to get a couple extra hours in.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?