NY Bar Timing Question? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
foxes

Bronze

NY Bar Timing Question?

Post by foxes » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:52 pm

Probably a dumb question, but when they say you get 90 minutes per MPT, and 2 MPTs, will the proctor stop you after 90 minutes and tell you to flip to the new MPT? Or are you responsible for roughly knowing when 90 minutes is up and you should flip to the next MPT? Same question w/r/t essays, does the proctor stop you after 30 mins or do they just give you an undivided 3 hour block? Thanks for any help!!

nada123

New

Re: NY Bar Timing Question?

Post by nada123 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:09 am

I sat the February 2018 exam in NY buffalo. They didnt stop you at all. I remember going over the recommended time for some essays and the first MPT question.

foxes

Bronze

Post by foxes » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:37 am

nada123 wrote:I sat the February 2018 exam in NY buffalo. They didnt stop you at all. I remember going over the recommended time for some essays and the first MPT question.
yikes that was what i was afraid of, im horrible at keeping timing in mind

nada123

New

Post by nada123 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:07 am

foxes wrote:
nada123 wrote:I sat the February 2018 exam in NY buffalo. They didnt stop you at all. I remember going over the recommended time for some essays and the first MPT question.
yikes that was what i was afraid of, im horrible at keeping timing in mind
If you’re using laptop for the written portion the Examplify program lets you set multiple alarms. That was useful for me, i had 2-3 alarms set for every 30 minutes.

b290

Bronze

Post by b290 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:31 pm

foxes wrote:Probably a dumb question, but when they say you get 90 minutes per MPT, and 2 MPTs, will the proctor stop you after 90 minutes and tell you to flip to the new MPT? Or are you responsible for roughly knowing when 90 minutes is up and you should flip to the next MPT? Same question w/r/t essays, does the proctor stop you after 30 mins or do they just give you an undivided 3 hour block? Thanks for any help!!
I also took it in Buffalo. They won’t stop you but there are several big digital clocks. I just took the Examplify paper (I was typing) and wrote down every 30 mins (from start time) for the MEE and 90 for the MPT. Problem solved.

My S.02

ivankinghk

New

Post by ivankinghk » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:43 pm

you should always keep track of the time.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”