Behind on Barbri...what to do? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
nicolelaw123

New

Behind on Barbri...what to do?

Post by nicolelaw123 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:48 pm

I am falling very behind on Barbri. With less than a month to go, what should I prioritize? Should I stick to Critical Pass, watch lectures, do MBE q's and essays (skip the knowledge checks, workshop videos, CMR reviews)? Any advice would help!

10b5

New

Re: Behind on Barbri...what to do?

Post by 10b5 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:05 pm

nicolelaw123 wrote:I am falling very behind on Barbri. With less than a month to go, what should I prioritize? Should I stick to Critical Pass, watch lectures, do MBE q's and essays (skip the knowledge checks, workshop videos, CMR reviews)? Any advice would help!
What is stopping you from working harder? If you set your alarm for 6am, got up and worked until 12, took an hour for lunch and then worked until 7pm, could you really not catch up? Are you watching lectures at less than 1.5x speed?

FinallyPassedTheBar

Bronze

Post by FinallyPassedTheBar » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:34 pm

If you are behind, the very last thing you should do is spend time watching lectures.

Go through your in-class handouts. Only watch a lecture if you have a question about your handouts and can't find the answer in you Convisor mini-review book.

Otherwise, use your materials and continue writing practice essays and answering MBE questions. Those are the two most important things to do.

Mobster1983

New

Post by Mobster1983 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:27 pm

Only listen to lectures if you are doing something else and cannot study (e.g. yard work, driving, etc.).

I would recommend doing practice tests, especially for the MBE. Look at your scores for each subject and focus on the subjects where you need the most improvement. My best learning came from practice tests and REVIEWING ALL ANSWER EXPLANATIONS. Good luck. :D

PS - I only finished 22% of Barbri and passed in my State. Scores weren't released, but I scored over 150 MBE. Second bar I completed 25% of Kaplan and scored a 322 on the UBE (168 MBE and 154 essays). Completing the courses are overrated. Focus your efforts where you need and try not to stress. :wink:

LockBox

Bronze

Post by LockBox » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:43 pm

nicolelaw123 wrote:I am falling very behind on Barbri. With less than a month to go, what should I prioritize? Should I stick to Critical Pass, watch lectures, do MBE q's and essays (skip the knowledge checks, workshop videos, CMR reviews)? Any advice would help!
Above all else, start testing yourself. 2 essays per day and 50 MBE's per day. Closed book. Also PT's once a week. Rinse and repeat.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”