MBE BREAKDOWN Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
boblawlawblog

New

MBE BREAKDOWN

Post by boblawlawblog » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:12 pm

MBE BREAKDOWN:

Okay, so we all know the subjects tested on the MBE... but how many questions can we expect per subject? And out of that number of questions, how many different categories of questions can we anticipate?

I wanted to have a compiling of each and every type of question, and how many to anticipate on the bar...

We've got 200 questions, 175 graded. Of our MBE subjects, we are looking at roughly 25 per category

Civil Procedure
Con Law
Contracts/Sales
Crim Law/ Pro
Evidence
Property
Torts

In each subject, whats the breakdown? For instance, half of Contracts questions will ask one thing, and the other half will ask something else...or, 1/3 of Evidence will be over hearsay, etc....

sarahbeck10

New

Re: MBE BREAKDOWN

Post by sarahbeck10 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:36 pm

boblawlawblog wrote:MBE BREAKDOWN:

Okay, so we all know the subjects tested on the MBE... but how many questions can we expect per subject? And out of that number of questions, how many different categories of questions can we anticipate?

I wanted to have a compiling of each and every type of question, and how many to anticipate on the bar...

We've got 200 questions, 175 graded. Of our MBE subjects, we are looking at roughly 25 per category

Civil Procedure
Con Law
Contracts/Sales
Crim Law/ Pro
Evidence
Property
Torts

In each subject, whats the breakdown? For instance, half of Contracts questions will ask one thing, and the other half will ask something else...or, 1/3 of Evidence will be over hearsay, etc....

Just curious, what bar course are you using? They should have explained this and have materials outlining this information that they should've given to you at the beginning of the course.

There will be equal number of questions per subject. Here is the official breakdown per the NCBE: http://www.ncbex.org/pdfviewer/?file=%2 ... ment%2F201

Hope this helps. Good luck.

kingkonglaw

New

Post by kingkonglaw » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:46 pm

Civil Procedure
Con Law
Contracts/Sales
Crim Law/ Pro
Evidence
Property
Torts

I think I get what you are asking, and this is a great question that is unfortunately a bit difficult to answer. The MBE unlike the MEE does not release the questions that are tested. So on the MEE you can actually get a frequency breakdown and distribution of the subjects and the rules tested in the past and see what rules are more likely to be tested again. But because the MBE questions tested on previous exams are not released I believe the best we can assume is an even distribution of questions across all 7 MBE subjects. So the best bet is to practice a wide variety of multiple choice questions to make sure to have adequate coverage and knowledge of all the rules listed in the MBE Subject Matter Outline (http://www.ncbex.org/pdfviewer/?file=%2 ... ment%2F201).

Hopefully this helps, and if anyone has a better idea or more insight into determining the exact or a more exact breakdown of the amount of questions in each MBE subject, I would love to know too!

bdadon

New

Post by bdadon » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:02 am

https://www.excellenceinlawschool.com/h ... be-topics/

This should help you.

Civil Procedure
Con Law
Contracts/Sales
Crim Law/ Pro
Evidence
Property
Torts

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”