CA Attorney Exam Attack Plan Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
mimim8

New

CA Attorney Exam Attack Plan

Post by mimim8 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:04 pm

Hi all,

I am taking the Attorney's Exam this July. I took it (Atty's Exam) last July 2017 and failed by 13 points and was unable to sit for the February 2018 exam. Last time around, I studied, a lot, but the PT killed me! (and that question #2 prof resp)

Fortunately, (or unfortunately for bar purposes) this time around I am working full time 8:30-7pm at a Century City firm. They are giving me the week prior to the exam off.

Yes, guys. I know it's going to be difficult. But I really can't afford to quit my job so I will have to manage my time wisely and just gotta make it happen. I am signed up for the barbri program and their materials but for obvious reasons I don't think it'll be possible to follow their program this time.

I am looking for any advise as to a recommended study plan to best allocate my time. Any peeps attempted this feat? Any advice from the veterans in this forum?

I am considering waking up early in the morning and try to get some studying done in the window of 4:30-8am before my brain gets fried after 11 hours at work, and then do some quick reviewing in the evenings.

Focus on practicing essays, maybe 2-3 a day?

I am trying to get organized this weekend and prepare a schedule to stick to so please let me hear your thoughts.

barjamie8

New

Re: CA Attorney Exam Attack Plan

Post by barjamie8 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:44 pm

mimim8 wrote:Hi all,

I am taking the Attorney's Exam this July. I took it (Atty's Exam) last July 2017 and failed by 13 points and was unable to sit for the February 2018 exam. Last time around, I studied, a lot, but the PT killed me! (and that question #2 prof resp)

Fortunately, (or unfortunately for bar purposes) this time around I am working full time 8:30-7pm at a Century City firm. They are giving me the week prior to the exam off.

Yes, guys. I know it's going to be difficult. But I really can't afford to quit my job so I will have to manage my time wisely and just gotta make it happen. I am signed up for the barbri program and their materials but for obvious reasons I don't think it'll be possible to follow their program this time.

I am looking for any advise as to a recommended study plan to best allocate my time. Any peeps attempted this feat? Any advice from the veterans in this forum?

I am considering waking up early in the morning and try to get some studying done in the window of 4:30-8am before my brain gets fried after 11 hours at work, and then do some quick reviewing in the evenings.

Focus on practicing essays, maybe 2-3 a day?

I am trying to get organized this weekend and prepare a schedule to stick to so please let me hear your thoughts.
That's a rough schedule . You need to practice essays every day - at least 2 or more. You should also outline as many essays a day. Self-grade your essays on BarEssays.com and see if you are writing something comparable to ones scoring 65, 70, 75. If you aren't, look at those essays and internalize what you are missing and how you can fix it. I cannot stress enough the helpfulness of this process. For the last 2 weeks before the exam, start memorizing rule statements. You gotta be diligent and take the full days on the weekends to review the law and practice more.

viking18

New

Re: CA Attorney Exam Attack Plan

Post by viking18 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:39 am

Consider getting the Studicata outline... It was a good supplement for me (beside my main resource, a Kaplan course). Condensed outline that covers each rule that has been tested on past bar exams, and how often it comes up. https://studicata.samcart.com/referral/ ... kaQmlo1vCu

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”