No More Massive MBE Question Book (BARBRI)?? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
tropicalvibezz

New

No More Massive MBE Question Book (BARBRI)??

Post by tropicalvibezz » Tue May 29, 2018 9:46 pm

Anyone else take the exam February or July of last year and notice in taking the UBE this year that Barbri doesn't have the giant MBE Practice Questions book anymore? I feel like I've been ripped off. Anyone understand their new system and how to get the questions sets for each topic?

Thanks!

UKATTORNEYUSA

New

Re: No More Massive MBE Question Book (BARBRI)??

Post by UKATTORNEYUSA » Wed May 30, 2018 2:32 am

tropicalvibezz wrote:Anyone else take the exam February or July of last year and notice in taking the UBE this year that Barbri doesn't have the giant MBE Practice Questions book anymore? I feel like I've been ripped off. Anyone understand their new system and how to get the questions sets for each topic?

Thanks!
I know I feel ripped off too!!

Barbri has changed the MPQ practice book. They do not have the 6 sets of practice questions for each MBE topic in the book and online. Instead there are mixed practice sets online. Rather annoyingly, they have added learning style questions which are in the format of a sentence and you fill in the blanks. They have stopped the studysmart MBE, which you can choose to select topics you wanted to focus on such as doing questions on hearsay etc. I can't believe I spent $3,000 on this. I would have been better off buying the 2017 Barbri books on eBay!!

michaelt

New

Post by michaelt » Wed May 30, 2018 12:12 pm

UKATTORNEYUSA wrote: I know I feel ripped off too!!

Barbri has changed the MPQ practice book. They do not have the 6 sets of practice questions for each MBE topic in the book and online. Instead there are mixed practice sets online. Rather annoyingly, they have added learning style questions which are in the format of a sentence and you fill in the blanks. They have stopped the studysmart MBE, which you can choose to select topics you wanted to focus on such as doing questions on hearsay etc. I can't believe I spent $3,000 on this. I would have been better off buying the 2017 Barbri books on eBay!!
I complained about unavailability of Study Smart MBE, and even asked BARBRI to refund $365 for something comparable, namely Adaptibar. Yesterday I got a reply that BARBRI will restore Study Smart MBE in two weeks. Although BARBRI's questions are more difficult than MBE questions, BARBRI's explanations to their questions are significantly better; you learn a lot from practicing those question. There is just no comparison to poor explanations given by Adaptibar. .

UKATTORNEYUSA

New

Post by UKATTORNEYUSA » Wed May 30, 2018 12:30 pm

michaelt wrote:
UKATTORNEYUSA wrote: I know I feel ripped off too!!

I complained about unavailability of Study Smart MBE, and even asked BARBRI to refund $365 for something comparable, namely Adaptibar. Yesterday I got a reply that BARBRI will restore Study Smart MBE in two weeks. Although BARBRI's questions are more difficult than MBE questions, BARBRI's explanations to their questions are significantly better; you learn a lot from practicing those question. There is just no comparison to poor explanations given by Adaptibar. .
I got this response from Barbri on Mon 28 May:

"Thank you for the email. Unfortunately, we no longer have the StudySmart software. We have updated our question set modules and they will no longer be in the format of StudySmart. We do still have all of the practice questions but they have been turned into the Learnosity questions and MBE Practice question sets."

No mention of reinstating studysmart. So, now I have sent a response demanding a partial refund too!! They are playing with people's lives here.. the MBE is 50% in NY...

Mjevans610

New

Post by Mjevans610 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:31 pm

I have 2 I am selling if anyone is interest. One is 2016-2017 version and the other is 2017-2018 but they are the same questions. Both are written in.

sprintin23

New

Post by sprintin23 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:49 pm

I still have mine from '16 and other barbri materials I want to unload for the right price. PM me if interested.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”