BarMax MBE Question Bank vs. Adaptibar? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
CPT550

New

BarMax MBE Question Bank vs. Adaptibar?

Post by CPT550 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:23 pm

Both of these seem very similar yet have a $100 difference in price.

For $299 Barmax MBE Question bank advertises 1,750+ real questions with "detailed explanations" and "personalized analytics"

For $395 Adaptibar advertises 1,740 licensed questions, 215 simulated questions, and says NCBE OPE 1-4 are included. (I'm assuming the NCBE OPE 1-4 are the source of many of the 1,700 licensed questions in both adaptibar and barmax?). Also has personalized analytics.

Does anybody have experience with these? Should I just go with the cheaper option or is there a reason to spend the extra on adaptibar?

michaelt

New

Re: BarMax MBE Question Bank vs. Adaptibar?

Post by michaelt » Thu May 24, 2018 8:46 pm

Adaptibar guarantees 105% refund if you do not pass the bar: https://www.adaptibar.com/satis-guarantee.aspx

As to the price, you can get $45 discount on Adaptibar, so the price difference is ~$50. Send me a private message for details if interested.

dizzydg

New

Post by dizzydg » Fri May 25, 2018 2:50 am

Anyone have an AdaptiBar discount code? Thanks!

shaq23

New

Post by shaq23 » Fri May 25, 2018 5:27 am

dizzydg wrote:Anyone have an AdaptiBar discount code? Thanks!

Here's a review of Adaptibar. If you feel it is the right program for you, the site contains a link that gives you $30 off.

https://www.virginiabarprep.com/review- ... ou-get-it/

michaelt

New

Post by michaelt » Fri May 25, 2018 12:28 pm

shaq23 wrote:
dizzydg wrote:Anyone have an AdaptiBar discount code? Thanks!

Here's a review of Adaptibar. If you feel it is the right program for you, the site contains a link that gives you $30 off.

https://www.virginiabarprep.com/review- ... ou-get-it/
I can make the discount to be $45 off. Contact me at adaptibar_referral@yahoo.com

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bar-Examinee

New

Post by Bar-Examinee » Sat May 26, 2018 11:14 am

michaelt wrote:Adaptibar guarantees 105% refund if you do not pass the bar: https://www.adaptibar.com/satis-guarantee.aspx

As to the price, you can get $45 discount on Adaptibar, so the price difference is ~$50. Send me a private message for details if interested.
Not everyone gets the 70% accuracy rate to qualify for the refund though.

Bar-Examinee

New

Post by Bar-Examinee » Sat May 26, 2018 11:30 am

CPT550 wrote:Both of these seem very similar yet have a $100 difference in price.

For $299 Barmax MBE Question bank advertises 1,750+ real questions with "detailed explanations" and "personalized analytics"

For $395 Adaptibar advertises 1,740 licensed questions, 215 simulated questions, and says NCBE OPE 1-4 are included. (I'm assuming the NCBE OPE 1-4 are the source of many of the 1,700 licensed questions in both adaptibar and barmax?). Also has personalized analytics.

Does anybody have experience with these? Should I just go with the cheaper option or is there a reason to spend the extra on adaptibar?
You get lifetime access with Barmax, so if you ever need to retake the bar or take it in a different state, Barmax might be the better way to go. I used Adaptibar to prepare for Feb. 2018, did even worse on the MBEs than I did when I took the bar in July 2017 using only Strategies & Tactics, and wish I went with Barmax instead of Adaptibar.

michaelt

New

Post by michaelt » Mon May 28, 2018 1:03 pm

I practiced Adaptibar and Emanuel's "Strategies and Tactics for the MBE." I prefer S&T because I find that their explanations of the answers to MBE questions are better. To my surprise, some Adaptibar's explanations missed key facts in the questions.S&L's explanations were always perfect and really taught me very well the key points that I overlooked. Don't get me wrong, Adaptibar is excellent, but S&T is just a little better. Of course, S&T does not allow you to mix questions from particular topics you want to focus on, and Adaptibar has much more MBE questions to practice.

So in comparing BarMax and Adaptibar, the key criteria, in my opinion, should be quality of the explanations of the answers. You should not have an impression that you "guessed" wrong, you should know exactly what rule you got wrong and/or what key fact you missed. Promise to reimburse money in case you don't pass, or lifetime access--all of these are secondary and should be gven much less weight. Unfortunately I doubt you can find a person who took both BarMax and Adaptibar and can tell you who is better in terms of quality of explaining answers to MBE questions. There are a lot of positive reviews of Adaptibar on this forum, so at least this is some evidence of their quality. But definitely check out the reviews of BarMax users.

scard

New

Post by scard » Mon May 28, 2018 7:47 pm

I have used both.

in my opinion I prefer barmax.

Barmax also has the OPE 1-4. Barmax also allows you to select only questions in subtopics, such as if you wanted to be only practicing strict products liability questions within torts.

Adaptibar will not allow you to select questions with that type of specificity. However they will both allow you to look at your percentage to that level, only Barmax lets you practice taking those questions down to that level.

Both give you answer explanations, adapitbar also gives you wrong answer explanations. However, barmax does it with some questions but not all. It seems like they are working their way through all the questions to explain the wrong answers as well.

BArmax is life ownership, Adaptibar has to be paid for every time you retake.

I can also get you 10% off Barmax if you email me. my email is abeybaby1990@gmail.com

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bar-Examinee

New

Post by Bar-Examinee » Mon May 28, 2018 8:23 pm

scard wrote:I have used both.

Barmax also has the OPE 1-4. Barmax also allows you to select only questions in subtopics, such as if you wanted to be only practicing strict products liability questions within torts.

Adaptibar will not allow you to select questions with that type of specificity. However they will both allow you to look at your percentage to that level, only Barmax lets you practice taking those questions down to that level.

Both give you answer explanations, adapitbar also gives you wrong answer explanations. However, barmax does it with some questions but not all. It seems like they are working their way through all the questions to explain the wrong answers as well.

I can also get you 10% off Barmax if you email me. my email is abeybaby1990@gmail.com
Hi, Does Barmax allow you to specifically select working on the new NCBE Study Aid questions, or are those questions all just mixed into their question bank?

scard

New

Post by scard » Mon May 28, 2018 11:41 pm

Bar-Examinee wrote:

Hi, Does Barmax allow you to specifically select working on the new NCBE Study Aid questions, or are those questions all just mixed into their question bank?

no not specifically, but they do split it up the same and I'm sure they use the same questions and add a few more as there are about 40-65 questions per subject when you do the full course versus just the questions. you do have access to all three courses if you get the full course.

for me personally, I went with the full course, it includes study outlines, lectures (blah) and mbe questions. My plan is to use the full course mbe portion and subtopic portion as practice to get into the groove and learn some of the rules I keep forgetting. then once I finish all the questions in their menu, I move over to the MBE questions supplement and do the questions per subject for more practice. then I will do the OPE to test my effectiveness.

there are three options to chose from when selecting barmax.

1. the full bar prep course. Expensive at $1000 (minus 10% with my discount code) - the full bar prep course allows you really dial in your mbe practice.

2. the MBE course ($499)(minus 10% with my discount code) - allows you to dial in your MBE practice but won't allow you to move onto each subject without fully completing the subject prior (can't do evidence until contracts is done (including lectures)

3. mbe questions ($299)(minus 10% with my discount code) (this one is closest resembling to adapitbar) - only gives you questions based on subject or all questions mixed like adapitbar and does not allow you to really focus on each subtopic.

iv included screenshots

Full course menu
https://s33.postimg.cc/h3ombaskf/full_c ... -_menu.png

full course subtopic menu:
https://s33.postimg.cc/6uw54x6xb/full_c ... c_menu.png

MBE course menu, then leads to the subtopic menu but requires completion of each subject before you move on
https://s33.postimg.cc/dy40kkexr/mbe_co ... t_menu.png

MBE question Supplement - no subtopic choices
https://s33.postimg.cc/oxp7w8xnz/mbe_qu ... t_menu.png

Bar-Examinee

New

Post by Bar-Examinee » Tue May 29, 2018 2:53 am

scard wrote:
Bar-Examinee wrote:

no not specifically, but they do split it up the same and I'm sure they use the same questions and add a few more as there are about 40-65 questions per subject when you do the full course versus just the questions. you do have access to all three courses if you get the full course.

for me personally, I went with the full course, it includes study outlines, lectures (blah) and mbe questions. My plan is to use the full course mbe portion and subtopic portion as practice to get into the groove and learn some of the rules I keep forgetting. then once I finish all the questions in their menu, I move over to the MBE questions supplement and do the questions per subject for more practice. then I will do the OPE to test my effectiveness.

there are three options to chose from when selecting barmax.

1. the full bar prep course. Expensive at $1000 (minus 10% with my discount code) - the full bar prep course allows you really dial in your mbe practice.

2. the MBE course ($499)(minus 10% with my discount code) - allows you to dial in your MBE practice but won't allow you to move onto each subject without fully completing the subject prior (can't do evidence until contracts is done (including lectures)

3. mbe questions ($299)(minus 10% with my discount code) (this one is closest resembling to adapitbar) - only gives you questions based on subject or all questions mixed like adapitbar and does not allow you to really focus on each subtopic.

iv included screenshots

Full course menu
https://s33.postimg.cc/h3ombaskf/full_c ... -_menu.png

full course subtopic menu:
https://s33.postimg.cc/6uw54x6xb/full_c ... c_menu.png

MBE course menu, then leads to the subtopic menu but requires completion of each subject before you move on
https://s33.postimg.cc/dy40kkexr/mbe_co ... t_menu.png

MBE question Supplement - no subtopic choices
https://s33.postimg.cc/oxp7w8xnz/mbe_qu ... t_menu.png
Thank you so much! The information and screenshots that you provided are very helpful.

michaelt

New

Post by michaelt » Tue May 29, 2018 12:37 pm

Adaptibar does allow you to select specific subtopics you want to focus on.

Adaptibar does provide explanations for both correct and incorrect answers. However, I must admit that many times their explanation of incorrect answers is too conclusory, and certainly not as perfect as in Emanuel's "Strategies and Tactics for MBE." It is absolutely crucial to understand the reason why each incorrect answer is wrong, otherwise you will get an impression that you still answered correctly but simply were unlucky and "guessed" wrong. That's terrible. Too often two answers seem correct and I cannot decide which one to choose, so explanations of incorrect answers is more valuable than explanation of correct answers.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

RezIpsy

New

Post by RezIpsy » Tue May 29, 2018 2:00 pm

Bar-Examinee wrote:
CPT550 wrote:Both of these seem very similar yet have a $100 difference in price.

You get lifetime access with Barmax, so if you ever need to retake the bar or take it in a different state, Barmax might be the better way to go. I used Adaptibar to prepare for Feb. 2018, did even worse on the MBEs than I did when I took the bar in July 2017 using only Strategies & Tactics, and wish I went with Barmax instead of Adaptibar.
I went with Barmax specifically for the Lifetime Access feature. I bought it to supplement Barbri, however I did not pass February's CA Bar exam. When I logged back into my Barmax account it said my access was blocked. I have tried to get help with this for over a week now and have received different reasons as to why my account was saying it was blocked. I had access for a few hours and thought the issue was resolved but then I received an email saying that I only purchased access for the month of February and my account is blocked again!

Like you, I considered both programs but early on I decided that I should complete the materials I already had before investing in additional resources. However, in early February I received a promo code from Barmax for a subscription to the MBE question bank. Given the discount and the lifetime access feature, I figured I couldn't go wrong with spending the extra money but nowhere in the email did it state my access was only for a month. On top of that, nowhere in their website does it offer an option to purchase access for only one month so I had no reason to inquire about it. Anyhow, if you decide to go with Barmax, BEWARE! IMO, this was very deceptive. If I was purchasing something other than what was specifically advertised (or even offered on the website), I would have liked to have known so I could decide what I wanted to pay/receive. I wouldn't have minded paying a few dollars more for the lifetime access even just as "insurance."

scard

New

Post by scard » Tue May 29, 2018 2:44 pm

RezIpsy wrote:
Bar-Examinee wrote:

I went with Barmax specifically for the Lifetime Access feature. I bought it to supplement Barbri, however I did not pass February's CA Bar exam. When I logged back into my Barmax account it said my access was blocked. I have tried to get help with this for over a week now and have received different reasons as to why my account was saying it was blocked. I had access for a few hours and thought the issue was resolved but then I received an email saying that I only purchased access for the month of February and my account is blocked again!

Like you, I considered both programs but early on I decided that I should complete the materials I already had before investing in additional resources. However, in early February I received a promo code from Barmax for a subscription to the MBE question bank. Given the discount and the lifetime access feature, I figured I couldn't go wrong with spending the extra money but nowhere in the email did it state my access was only for a month. On top of that, nowhere in their website does it offer an option to purchase access for only one month so I had no reason to inquire about it. Anyhow, if you decide to go with Barmax, BEWARE! IMO, this was very deceptive. If I was purchasing something other than what was specifically advertised (or even offered on the website), I would have liked to have known so I could decide what I wanted to pay/receive. I wouldn't have minded paying a few dollars more for the lifetime access even just as "insurance."
Call them or use their online chat feature. They will straighten it out and give you full access again

scard

New

Post by scard » Tue May 29, 2018 6:49 pm

do you have any documentation of your purchase that would validate one type of access or the other?

not sure where your gripe is. Barmax doesn't even offer a limited access plan. sounds like to me you are simply having account issues.

here is a screen shot where the specifically advertise lifetime access on their cheapest plan (they advertise it on all of their plans too).

https://s33.postimg.cc/umxoyqo3j/Screen ... .57_PM.png

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”