Bar Prep and working Firm Job Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Lawworld19

Bronze

Bar Prep and working Firm Job

Post by Lawworld19 » Tue May 22, 2018 9:49 pm

Working at a firm with 12 offices spread throughout my state. Was hired on last Monday. Taking the July bar. So far they have me working 8-6 minimum with no lunch breaks. Absolutely killing myself to complete the required assignments per day (Themis) and I started early. Anyone else in the same position?

Neilt001

Re: Bar Prep and working Firm Job

Post by Neilt001 » Wed May 23, 2018 9:27 am

Lawworld19 wrote:Working at a firm with 12 offices spread throughout my state. Was hired on last Monday. Taking the July bar. So far they have me working 8-6 minimum with no lunch breaks. Absolutely killing myself to complete the required assignments per day (Themis) and I started early. Anyone else in the same position?
Hey mate, I was working full time too and passed the Feb 2018 bar using Themis. I started in early Nov and had a good 4 months of study during evenings and weekends, and I ultimately achieved 100% course completion. When did you start studying? I found Themis really great for working full-time (also I'm a foreigner so I needed to learn US law from scratch), but I definitely needed the 4 months because otherwise I think it would've been too much.

I think you'll be ok but you'll basically have to spend every non-working moment studying, esp if you've only recently started.

I recommend checking out the Themis July 2018 thread as it's full of others in a similar boat to you.

Good luck!

Lawworld19

Bronze

Post by Lawworld19 » Wed May 23, 2018 7:34 pm

Thanks for the reply. I am 32.8 percent done, so exactly a third!

Neilt001

Post by Neilt001 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:36 am

Lawworld19 wrote:Thanks for the reply. I am 32.8 percent done, so exactly a third!
Sounds like you're on track. Good luck!!

LockBox

Bronze

Post by LockBox » Thu May 24, 2018 12:23 pm

My guess would be you are barred in some other state and now working/prepping to pass the bar in your current state. If not, you're setting yourself up to fail.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”