Feebacks/comments on BarGraders.com (for CA bar exam) Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Angel66

New

Feebacks/comments on BarGraders.com (for CA bar exam)

Post by Angel66 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:15 pm

Has anyone used the services on BarGraders.com? They claim that their tutors are former graders. I'm wondering if anyone has actually purchased their grading services and how do you think about it?

Also, has anyone tried their $250 online course? Is it helpful?

Any comments are highly appreciated!

krispymenudo

Bronze

Re: Feebacks/comments on BarGraders.com (for CA bar exam)

Post by krispymenudo » Tue May 22, 2018 6:04 pm

I had my July '17 essays reviewed with one of their tutors and, quite honestly, it's probably why I passed Feb '18. I was IRAC'ing very incorrectly, and my tutor through bargraders.com fixed me. I didn't use their grading service or lectures very much, though. I did use their general lecture for approaching essays for further reinforcement of IRAC structure.

Angel66

New

Post by Angel66 » Wed May 23, 2018 12:43 am

krispymenudo wrote:I had my July '17 essays reviewed with one of their tutors and, quite honestly, it's probably why I passed Feb '18. I was IRAC'ing very incorrectly, and my tutor through bargraders.com fixed me. I didn't use their grading service or lectures very much, though. I did use their general lecture for approaching essays for further reinforcement of IRAC structure.
Thank you! I'm a little confused. Did you mean you did or did NOT use their grading services?

Can you please also advise at what stage during the bar prep (e.g. 2 months or 2 weeks before the bar exam) you submitted the essays for grading? How essays did you submit?

krispymenudo

Bronze

Post by krispymenudo » Wed May 23, 2018 11:37 am

Angel66 wrote:
krispymenudo wrote:I had my July '17 essays reviewed with one of their tutors and, quite honestly, it's probably why I passed Feb '18. I was IRAC'ing very incorrectly, and my tutor through bargraders.com fixed me. I didn't use their grading service or lectures very much, though. I did use their general lecture for approaching essays for further reinforcement of IRAC structure.
Thank you! I'm a little confused. Did you mean you did or did NOT use their grading services?

Can you please also advise at what stage during the bar prep (e.g. 2 months or 2 weeks before the bar exam) you submitted the essays for grading? How essays did you submit?
I didn't use the grading service where you submit practice essays. Sorry, should've worded that better the first time, haha!

I had the review of my essays mid-January, so a little over a month before the exam. I believe I submitted them shortly after I got them in the mail. I submitted all of them. What they did was they added my assigned BarGrader and myself to an email chain to connect us. Then my Grader had me email her PDFs of my essays and scores, and we set up a time to chat about them on the phone.

Angel66

New

Post by Angel66 » Wed May 23, 2018 8:24 pm

krispymenudo wrote:
Angel66 wrote:

I didn't use the grading service where you submit practice essays. Sorry, should've worded that better the first time, haha!

I had the review of my essays mid-January, so a little over a month before the exam. I believe I submitted them shortly after I got them in the mail. I submitted all of them. What they did was they added my assigned BarGrader and myself to an email chain to connect us. Then my Grader had me email her PDFs of my essays and scores, and we set up a time to chat about them on the phone.
Thank you for your patient reply! So is this the same as their grading service? What package did you buy?

Sorry for the confusion... Just wanted to make sure I didn't waste $$$$ on the wrong service. :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”