Barbi Study / Multiple Choice Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
barmagot

New

Barbi Study / Multiple Choice

Post by barmagot » Fri May 18, 2018 11:03 pm

hi Everyone,

I'm on day 3 of Barbi and a bit nervous about how I'm doing (I know it's early).

I did all the lectures/assignments, but on the multiple choice Barbri online questions, I'm getting roughly 50-60% correct. A lot of the questions asked on the Barbri interface are ones that weren't even covered in the lectures.

Should I be nervous at my scoring at this point?

Feb2018CABar

New

Re: Barbi Study / Multiple Choice

Post by Feb2018CABar » Sat May 19, 2018 9:54 am

Passed the 2018 CA Bar. Used Barbri first and second time.

Don't pay attention to the statistics. Speed through the videos. The homework they give you is stupid. Everything is extraneous. Don't be lulled into a sense of safe security.

The most important thing you can do is just memorize, memorize, memorize. Read the conviser mini review until you can spit out the law from memory. Once you do have it memorized, when you read the questions you'll just know exactly which subtopic they're asking already and have the law in your head and recognize exactly which "element" they're testing you on.

For example, if it's a criminal law question and they're asking you about Person A who took a car for joy ride with the intent to return it at the time of taking, but then later is involved in a car accident that completely destroys the car. What crime has Person A committed? Answer: Depending on the choices they give you it might be no crime.

The exact definition of larceny should come immediately to your mind--the taking away of another person's belonging with the intent to permanently deprive possession the owner of use. Then you'll also know that they're testing you specifically on the intent issue. Well Person A didn't have the intent at the time of taking so it can't be larceny.

That's how you know you're ready for the MBE. Good luck.

sprinx

New

Post by sprinx » Sat May 19, 2018 10:29 am

No it’s only day 3. You will get better!

Krissynateylee

Bronze

Post by Krissynateylee » Mon May 21, 2018 11:54 am

I have a new never used set of 2017 Kaplan bar review materials ( MBE practice & answers, MBE outline materials, MPT-MEE bar points and MEE subjects outline materials)for sale or for whoever is interested for either trading with Barbri/Themis Materials. Email me at cpamba@iu.edu

xonimi

New

Post by xonimi » Thu May 31, 2018 11:19 pm

Feb2018CABar wrote:Passed the 2018 CA Bar. Used Barbri first and second time.

Don't pay attention to the statistics. Speed through the videos. The homework they give you is stupid. Everything is extraneous. Don't be lulled into a sense of safe security.

The most important thing you can do is just memorize, memorize, memorize. Read the conviser mini review until you can spit out the law from memory. Once you do have it memorized, when you read the questions you'll just know exactly which subtopic they're asking already and have the law in your head and recognize exactly which "element" they're testing you on.

For example, if it's a criminal law question and they're asking you about Person A who took a car for joy ride with the intent to return it at the time of taking, but then later is involved in a car accident that completely destroys the car. What crime has Person A committed? Answer: Depending on the choices they give you it might be no crime.

The exact definition of larceny should come immediately to your mind--the taking away of another person's belonging with the intent to permanently deprive possession the owner of use. Then you'll also know that they're testing you specifically on the intent issue. Well Person A didn't have the intent at the time of taking so it can't be larceny.

That's how you know you're ready for the MBE. Good luck.
How did you memorize with the conviser? Did you read a full outline beginning to end repeatedly or did you do it page by page? And how long did you take you to memorize each subject? I'm trying to memorize this way but the outlines are at least 50 pages!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”