MO or AL for UBE Score Transfer?

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
tropicalvibezz

New

MO or AL for UBE Score Transfer?

Postby tropicalvibezz » Tue May 15, 2018 12:14 am

Hi everyone! I took the UBE this past February and didn't pass in the state I took it in. I received a 264 and am thinking about becoming licensed in either Alabama or Missouri for the time being while I prep to retake the UBE this July. I figure doing this will allow me to apply for jobs that require a license to practice during the time between July and October that I am waiting for the July 2018 UBE results to release.

What is the processing time like for the Missouri transfer application? I called today to ask and they were very vague and wouldn't give an estimate. Has anyone gone through this process in the past?

c0ffeeaddict

New

Re: MO or AL for UBE Score Transfer?

Postby c0ffeeaddict » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:03 pm

I submitted my MO application on 4/1/19 and provided supplemental docs that were outstanding within 20 days.I just received an email from MO BOLE that my C&F was completed and approved. It took approximately 4 months. I thankfully did not have any issues with C&F, so that might have been a factor.

On their FAQ site and from my emails with my application reviewer, I was told the average time for an application is 3-6 months.

b290

Bronze

Postby b290 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:23 am

tropicalvibezz wrote:Hi everyone! I took the UBE this past February and didn't pass in the state I took it in. I received a 264 and am thinking about becoming licensed in either Alabama or Missouri for the time being while I prep to retake the UBE this July. I figure doing this will allow me to apply for jobs that require a license to practice during the time between July and October that I am waiting for the July 2018 UBE results to release.

What is the processing time like for the Missouri transfer application? I called today to ask and they were very vague and wouldn't give an estimate. Has anyone gone through this process in the past?

I'm going to add, out of the 2 states mentioned, MO is your better bet. I remember a classmate who was telling me about AL, you'll need a currently licensed attorney to sponsor your application. That, plus MO's relatively quick timeline, makes your choice pretty clear.

My $.02

Honikane

New

Postby Honikane » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:49 am

tropicalvibezz wrote:Hi everyone! I took the UBE this past February and didn't pass in the state I took it in. I received a 264 and am thinking about becoming licensed in either Alabama or Missouri for the time being while I prep to retake the UBE this July. I figure doing this will allow me to apply for jobs that require a license to practice during the time between July and October that I am waiting for the July 2018 UBE results to release.

I just did the same in MO and it took 2 months from submission of my application to C&F approval. Submitted late June and received approval 8/29.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�