Barbri again or another prep course for July 2018 UBE

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
tropicalvibezz

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 11:54 pm

Barbri again or another prep course for July 2018 UBE

Postby tropicalvibezz » Tue May 15, 2018 12:11 am

Hi! I took the MA Bar July 2017 and missed it by 3 points. I used Barbri to prep.

I took the February UBE in NH and missed by 6 points, with a 264. I used my Barbri Guarantee to retake the course. A majority of the reason why I didn't pass is because my MPT scores were terrible. I had a few MEE scores that weren't too hot either.

I'm going to retake the July 2018 UBE in NH. Should I retake the Barbri course again?

Are there any other books aside from Emmanuels' MBE book that y'all would recommend for the MBE?

Thanks so much!

UKATTORNEYUSA

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:38 pm

Re: Barbri again or another prep course for July 2018 UBE

Postby UKATTORNEYUSA » Tue May 15, 2018 4:28 am

Did you do all essays in the MEE testing book?

User avatar
jrstephens1991

Bronze
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:58 pm

Re: Barbri again or another prep course for July 2018 UBE

Postby jrstephens1991 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:01 am

tropicalvibezz wrote:Hi! I took the MA Bar July 2017 and missed it by 3 points. I used Barbri to prep.

I took the February UBE in NH and missed by 6 points, with a 264. I used my Barbri Guarantee to retake the course. A majority of the reason why I didn't pass is because my MPT scores were terrible. I had a few MEE scores that weren't too hot either.

I'm going to retake the July 2018 UBE in NH. Should I retake the Barbri course again?

Are there any other books aside from Emmanuels' MBE book that y'all would recommend for the MBE?

Thanks so much!

What was your MBE scores for both exams?

tropicalvibezz

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 11:54 pm

Re: Barbri again or another prep course for July 2018 UBE

Postby tropicalvibezz » Tue May 15, 2018 10:56 am

UKATTORNEYUSA wrote:Did you do all essays in the MEE testing book?


I didn't do all MEE's in the testing book. Someone mentioned these aren't old MEE essays that have been tested. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

tropicalvibezz

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 11:54 pm

Re: Barbri again or another prep course for July 2018 UBE

Postby tropicalvibezz » Tue May 15, 2018 10:58 am

jrstephens1991 wrote:What was your MBE scores for both exams?


For July 2017 - 132

February 2018 - 135 (I screwed up the first half of the MBE day and didn't pay enough attention to time so I ended up filling out random answers for about 15-20 :(

User avatar
jrstephens1991

Bronze
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:58 pm

Re: Barbri again or another prep course for July 2018 UBE

Postby jrstephens1991 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:23 am

tropicalvibezz wrote:
jrstephens1991 wrote:What was your MBE scores for both exams?


For July 2017 - 132

February 2018 - 135 (I screwed up the first half of the MBE day and didn't pay enough attention to time so I ended up filling out random answers for about 15-20 :(

Ok. I was going to say, maybe you should just focus on increasing your score on the MBE, rather than enrolling into a new review course.

tropicalvibezz

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 11:54 pm

Re: Barbri again or another prep course for July 2018 UBE

Postby tropicalvibezz » Tue May 15, 2018 12:13 pm

jrstephens1991 wrote:
tropicalvibezz wrote:
jrstephens1991 wrote:What was your MBE scores for both exams?


For July 2017 - 132

February 2018 - 135 (I screwed up the first half of the MBE day and didn't pay enough attention to time so I ended up filling out random answers for about 15-20 :(

Ok. I was going to say, maybe you should just focus on increasing your score on the MBE, rather than enrolling into a new review course.


Ok, what would you recommend aside from Barbri's MBE book? I have Emmanuel's S&T that I plan to continue to study from.

ubebarstudying

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: Barbri again or another prep course for July 2018 UBE

Postby ubebarstudying » Tue May 15, 2018 2:37 pm

tropicalvibezz wrote:
jrstephens1991 wrote:
tropicalvibezz wrote:
jrstephens1991 wrote:What was your MBE scores for both exams?


For July 2017 - 132

February 2018 - 135 (I screwed up the first half of the MBE day and didn't pay enough attention to time so I ended up filling out random answers for about 15-20 :(

Ok. I was going to say, maybe you should just focus on increasing your score on the MBE, rather than enrolling into a new review course.


Ok, what would you recommend aside from Barbri's MBE book? I have Emmanuel's S&T that I plan to continue to study from.


I mean, you could focus on the MBE but to my recollection the target score is around 130 which you did surpass, which to me means maybe focusing on essays would be a good idea because each day is 50% and your 135 on the MBE is exactly that BEFORE they scaled the score (because if I recall, applicants that did not pass received their RAW score). With that said, a few more questions and yes you definitely would have passed. If you were a mere 4 points away, I would suggest focusing on your strongest area and weakest area; the former for cushioning and the latter to make sure you cross that line this time.



Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: crazydavey27 and 17 guests