Themis practice essay questions - Only electronic? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ScurryRay

New

Themis practice essay questions - Only electronic?

Post by ScurryRay » Mon May 07, 2018 8:02 pm

Are the Themis practice essays not on paper format anywhere? You have to take them online? Am I just missing them somewhere? Anyone know?

Having to work from them online prevents you from marking them up and writing notes. Seems very flawed if you're actually going to have them on paper during the real exam. Hoping I am just missing something.

sarahbeck10

New

Re: Themis practice essay questions - Only electronic?

Post by sarahbeck10 » Wed May 09, 2018 3:27 pm

ScurryRay wrote:Are the Themis practice essays not on paper format anywhere? You have to take them online? Am I just missing them somewhere? Anyone know?

Having to work from them online prevents you from marking them up and writing notes. Seems very flawed if you're actually going to have them on paper during the real exam. Hoping I am just missing something.

Yes, this is a downside of Themis compared to Barbri. Themis only provides the essay questions online and only allows you to submit the answer in the little box next to it. It is not desirable, since it doesn't mimic exam conditions and allows for less flexibility. The poor formatting doesn't help either. I think most people just get used to it, but it is annoying.

ScurryRay

New

Post by ScurryRay » Wed May 09, 2018 11:59 pm

sarahbeck10 wrote:
ScurryRay wrote:Are the Themis practice essays not on paper format anywhere? You have to take them online? Am I just missing them somewhere? Anyone know?

Yes, this is a downside of Themis compared to Barbri. Themis only provides the essay questions online and only allows you to submit the answer in the little box next to it. It is not desirable, since it doesn't mimic exam conditions and allows for less flexibility. The poor formatting doesn't help either. I think most people just get used to it, but it is annoying.
Uggghhh. What a colossal oversight (or shortcut) this is. Not anything like taking the actual exam. Themis definitely cuts some corners. Thanks for the reply.

Respondeat_Inferior

New

Post by Respondeat_Inferior » Thu May 10, 2018 4:31 pm

ScurryRay wrote:
sarahbeck10 wrote:

Uggghhh. What a colossal oversight (or shortcut) this is. Not anything like taking the actual exam. Themis definitely cuts some corners. Thanks for the reply.
Their checkpoint exams are printed, I think they are about 400 questions total, so you do get a few on paper.

Meggoca

New

Post by Meggoca » Fri May 11, 2018 7:55 am

It’s not a real issue. I simply copied the essays from the online page, and saved them to Word, and then I wrote all my Themis essays (even the timed graded ones) in Word where I could format to my heart’s content and then copied the response into the answer box.

ScurryRay

New

Post by ScurryRay » Sat May 12, 2018 9:54 am

Meggoca wrote:It’s not a real issue. I simply copied the essays from the online page, and saved them to Word, and then I wrote all my Themis essays (even the timed graded ones) in Word where I could format to my heart’s content and then copied the response into the answer box.
Yeah, I thought about that but the timer doing unreasonably stressed me out. If there was a way to pause the timer and then copy and print, that would be ok. Obviously, I can use another time. Just seems ridiculous that some of these basic functions are not available via Themis. I will do what you mentioned above, though. Thanks for chiming on.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”