Marino Bar Review

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Jdunn7043

New

Marino Bar Review

Postby Jdunn7043 » Thu May 03, 2018 3:15 pm

I've taken the exam a few times and used other materials but I haven't been successful. I've heard good things about Marino Bar Review but I'm wondering if anyone else has used their program for the exam. If so, can you please tell me about your experience with them?

Mellee0182

New

Re: Marino Bar Review

Postby Mellee0182 » Thu May 03, 2018 3:29 pm

I used their retaker program because I was in a similar situation. They really helped me with time management and what to focus on in terms of studying. The structure worked well for me because I didn't find myself overwhelmed with materials like I had with alternative prep programs.

MRSP

New

Postby MRSP » Fri May 04, 2018 7:44 pm

Mellee0182 wrote:I used their retaker program because I was in a similar situation. They really helped me with time management and what to focus on in terms of studying. The structure worked well for me because I didn't find myself overwhelmed with materials like I had with alternative prep programs.

Hi, could you share more about how the program was structured and how it helped with MEE/MPT prep at all? how many weeks did you use it for and how did it compare to a program like themis or kaplan for example? I am trying to choose between a non-traditional program like Marino combining it with Adaptibar, or investing in something like Themis. Thank you so much

pinky7129

New

Postby pinky7129 » Fri May 04, 2018 8:56 pm

I am actually selling my retaker course books, so if you decide on marino, let me know!

Mellee0182

New

Postby Mellee0182 » Sat May 05, 2018 4:40 am

I actually took Kaplan but I did not take Themis so I don't have personal info about it although a fried of mine did so I I have some idea. Marino in my case at least, did a great job of teaching me specific rules without making me rewatch the same basic long lectures all over again and what was different about it was that it actually shows you strategy that Kaplan did not at all - like how to write an essay from beginning to end with no correct law at all and still get what is basically a passing score by showing you how to incorporate any rule that you can make up into a passing-essay template they give you. It sounds weird but it is actually really simple when you learn and practice it. That improved my scores on 5 of the 6 essays. Marino was actually pretty comprehensive and they also raised my MBE score by about 11 points. I did not take a supplemental like Adaptibar, but I have heard pretty good things about it too. It seems like it would be almost fun to use.

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Postby SilvermanBarPrep » Mon May 07, 2018 10:19 am

I've heard things about almost every bar review course out there since students often take courses while they supplement with private tutoring. Marino has consistently scored well with my students. I honesty don't know how accurate this is since it's a very small sample, but I thought I'd add what I've been told.

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

CaYLaw

New

Postby CaYLaw » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:46 pm

Can anyone speak more in detail about the Marino Bar Review Retaker Course? Considering making the purchase, but there has been sparse feedback of the course itself.

sarahbturner32

New

Postby sarahbturner32 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:36 pm

CaYLaw wrote:Can anyone speak more in detail about the Marino Bar Review Retaker Course? Considering making the purchase, but there has been sparse feedback of the course itself.

Before I bought the course I sent my scores to them-- I think I did it through their website. I talked to their director of bar review, who gave me a lot of advice on what I could do next to be succesful on the exam. The conversation alone was really helpful and it was totally free! In regards to the course specifically, he explained to me in detail how the course works and answered any questions I had. I'd urge you to call or send in your scores so you can get the same information, straight from the source. Hope this helps!

CaYLaw

New

Postby CaYLaw » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:37 pm

sarahbturner32 wrote:
CaYLaw wrote:Can anyone speak more in detail about the Marino Bar Review Retaker Course? Considering making the purchase, but there has been sparse feedback of the course itself.

Before I bought the course I sent my scores to them-- I think I did it through their website. I talked to their director of bar review, who gave me a lot of advice on what I could do next to be succesful on the exam. The conversation alone was really helpful and it was totally free! In regards to the course specifically, he explained to me in detail how the course works and answered any questions I had. I'd urge you to call or send in your scores so you can get the same information, straight from the source. Hope this helps!

Thank you for the response. As far as for you, what were your overall impressions of the Retaker's course?
I am thinking long and hard to shell out more money for a course. Was it tailored to your needs, etc.? I appreciate any input you may have.

sarahbturner32

New

Postby sarahbturner32 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:52 pm

CaYLaw wrote:
sarahbturner32 wrote:

Thank you for the response. As far as for you, what were your overall impressions of the Retaker's course?
I am thinking long and hard to shell out more money for a course. Was it tailored to your needs, etc.? I appreciate any input you may have.

CaYLaw, I would highly recommend the course as my overall impression was positive. I found the videos that were specific to test taking strategies most useful.

I personally was having a hard time being able to come up with something to write when I didn't know the law or the correct rules.
The videos combined with their template essays, really helped me to understand how to write an essay that would get me the points I needed, even if I was unsure of the question itself.

I found the course treated each section of the exam as its own entity. I know other courses just have you practice MBE questions daily. With this course I wasn't just practing daily. They showed me how to analyze and almost take apart a question. So I could better understand what I was doing wrong and could correct myself as I continued to study.

The office staff was incredibly helpful. They made sure I was connected to the right resource for any questions I had (e.g. tutor) throughout my studying process.

My MBE and essay scores improved, my MPT score stayed about the same.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�