UBE MEE/MPT Questions

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
msoliman22

New

UBE MEE/MPT Questions

Postby msoliman22 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:57 pm

How far would you answer old MEE/MPT questions? NCBE website only have MEE/MPT questions starts from 2013. Would you still consider answering old questions or you would start answering from 2013?

Thanks

SilvermanBarPrep

Bronze

Re: UBE MEE/MPT Questions

Postby SilvermanBarPrep » Thu May 03, 2018 1:02 am

It doesn't strike me as problematic at all to go back beyond 2013. The more you see the better since over time the issues tend to repeat!

Sean (Silverman Bar Exam Tutoring)

msoliman22

New

Postby msoliman22 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:53 am

SilvermanBarPrep wrote:It doesn't strike me as problematic at all to go back beyond 2013. The more you see the better since over time the issues tend to repeat!

Thank you! I actually started answering MEE questions from 2002 and I wanted to check if that would be a good practice.

b290

Bronze

Postby b290 » Sat May 05, 2018 8:45 am

msoliman22 wrote:How far would you answer old MEE/MPT questions? NCBE website only have MEE/MPT questions starts from 2013. Would you still consider answering old questions or you would start answering from 2013?

Thanks

The main reason why the MEEs only go back as far as 2013 has something to do with the NCBE selling them on its website :lol:

Only caution with older MEEs, some subjects (like Commercial Paper) aren’t tested anymore. So if the essay’s testing something’s way out of left field, you know why. Other than that, you’re good to go.

My $.02

anandamide

New

Postby anandamide » Sat May 05, 2018 11:02 am

How well do you have to do to actually pass? No one is going to hit every issue.

SilvermanBarPrep wrote:It doesn't strike me as problematic at all to go back beyond 2013. The more you see the better since over time the issues tend to repeat!

Neilt001

New

Postby Neilt001 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:51 am

anandamide wrote:How well do you have to do to actually pass? No one is going to hit every issue.

yeah it's rare that you'll ace the MEE questions. It's not so much the content as it is the format. Make sure to irac, issue spot, and come to a conclusion. I managed to BS may way through like 2 or 3 essays on the day (they were way out of left field!) and scored in the 90th percentile in the MEE.

I recommend you read Tanicus' guide to essays. He's good at explaining just how much you need to know to pass the essays without going overboard. Also bear in mind you really only need to beat the 30-40th percentile in both the MBE and MEE/MPT and you'll likely pass!

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?