3rd appellate division - NY State Bar - Swearing In Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ommbarpasser

New

3rd appellate division - NY State Bar - Swearing In

Post by ommbarpasser » Wed May 02, 2018 4:42 pm

Hello,

First of all congratulations to all the NY bar passers, it was tough but we did it! And for those who did not pass, I am sorry but it does not in any way reflect your fitness as a laywer, you'll make it to the other side!

I had a question regarding the swearing in ceremony in the 3rd appellate division I don't know if there are still spots available for the ceremony in June, but I was wondering what was the difference between the large ceremony (in june or january) in the convention center and the smaller one in a courtroom (despite the fact that the location is different). Thank your for your help.

MM

onionhead

New

Re: 3rd appellate division - NY State Bar - Swearing In

Post by onionhead » Wed May 09, 2018 4:21 am

also wondering the same. Can guests attend the smaller ceremony?

TEIAM

Bronze

Post by TEIAM » Wed May 09, 2018 1:50 pm

onionhead wrote:also wondering the same. Can guests attend the smaller ceremony?
I attended the smaller one and my spouse attended. I saw others with a few family members. It's a small courtroom though.

beckgirl123

New

Post by beckgirl123 » Wed May 23, 2018 5:25 pm

Bump- my app was fully submitted by May 22 and I got the notification the same day that I've been placed for my interview and swearing in on June 27.

Any idea if its stupid to push it back or if it will negatively impact me? I live in Europe and wasn't planning on flying out so soon (considering my app was late).

TEIAM

Bronze

Post by TEIAM » Thu May 24, 2018 3:06 pm

beckgirl123 wrote:Bump- my app was fully submitted by May 22 and I got the notification the same day that I've been placed for my interview and swearing in on June 27.

Any idea if its stupid to push it back or if it will negatively impact me? I live in Europe and wasn't planning on flying out so soon (considering my app was late).
The only negative impact I foresee is your credit if you ever plan to become admitted in another jurisdiction. Most jurisdictions will allow you to take a shorter exam or waive in when you have been admitted for a certain number of years.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”