2018 July DC Bar

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Jcox4582

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:18 am

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby Jcox4582 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:03 pm

sprinx wrote:Starting to get nervous! I can't believe we're going to find out with everyone else online smh.


4 more hours... :cry: :( :|

RecruiterMan

New
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:58 am

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby RecruiterMan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:09 pm

Jcox4582 wrote:
sprinx wrote:Starting to get nervous! I can't believe we're going to find out with everyone else online smh.


4 more hours... :cry: :( :|

They went up an hour ago

Nicolena.

Bronze
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:44 am

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby Nicolena. » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:17 am

Can anyone explain how the ube transcript works - the one from the NCBE website? Does it breakdown your MEE or MPT at all or is strictly MBE?

Thanks!

peas1234

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:58 am

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby peas1234 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:04 am

It gives you your MBE total score, and then your combined MEE/MPT score. It does not breakdown anything. You will receive the exact same thing for free via email in up to two weeks from the score release date (11/9).

barprepforca

New
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 9:23 pm

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby barprepforca » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:10 pm

What an absolute nightmare. I can't imagine what I would do if I ended up being a false-positive:
https://abovethelaw.com/2018/11/if-you- ... you-didnt/

LaShuanMichelle

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:01 am

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby LaShuanMichelle » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:33 pm

Has anyone recieved the email with their individual exam score?

Im still waiting...

Nicolena.

Bronze
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:44 am

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby Nicolena. » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:47 pm

LaShuanMichelle wrote:Has anyone recieved the email with their individual exam score?

Im still waiting...


Received mine on Monday. It came from coa@dcappeals.gov.

RecruiterMan

New
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:58 am

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby RecruiterMan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:25 am

Nicolena. wrote:
LaShuanMichelle wrote:Has anyone recieved the email with their individual exam score?

Im still waiting...


Received mine on Monday. It came from coa@dcappeals.gov.

did you pass? no one I know has received their score so far

Nicolena.

Bronze
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:44 am

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby Nicolena. » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:21 am

RecruiterMan wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:
LaShuanMichelle wrote:Has anyone recieved the email with their individual exam score?

Im still waiting...


Received mine on Monday. It came from coa@dcappeals.gov.

did you pass? no one I know has received their score so far


No. Everyone I know has not passed. We have all received our letters.

LaShuanMichelle

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:01 am

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby LaShuanMichelle » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:03 pm

Nicolena. wrote:
RecruiterMan wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:
LaShuanMichelle wrote:Has anyone recieved the email with their individual exam score?

Im still waiting...


Received mine on Monday. It came from coa@dcappeals.gov.

did you pass? no one I know has received their score so far


No. Everyone I know has not passed. We have all received our letters.


I did pass. I was one of the people who was left off of the original list. I only had to retake the essay part of the exam. I used a different approach to essay this time so I am really curious of my score.

The notice on the website said they would start mailing them on the 19th. I guess it will come next week.

RecruiterMan

New
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:58 am

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby RecruiterMan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:02 pm

LaShuanMichelle wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:
RecruiterMan wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:
LaShuanMichelle wrote:Has anyone recieved the email with their individual exam score?

Im still waiting...


Received mine on Monday. It came from coa@dcappeals.gov.

did you pass? no one I know has received their score so far


No. Everyone I know has not passed. We have all received our letters.


I did pass. I was one of the people who was left off of the original list. I only had to retake the essay part of the exam. I used a different approach to essay this time so I am really curious of my score.

The notice on the website said they would start mailing them on the 19th. I guess it will come next week.


Just got my score

LaShuanMichelle

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:01 am

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby LaShuanMichelle » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:56 pm

RecruiterMan wrote:
LaShuanMichelle wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:
RecruiterMan wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:
LaShuanMichelle wrote:Has anyone recieved the email with their individual exam score?

Im still waiting...


Received mine on Monday. It came from coa@dcappeals.gov.

did you pass? no one I know has received their score so far


No. Everyone I know has not passed. We have all received our letters.


I did pass. I was one of the people who was left off of the original list. I only had to retake the essay part of the exam. I used a different approach to essay this time so I am really curious of my score.

The notice on the website said they would start mailing them on the 19th. I guess it will come next week.


Just got my score


Awesome! I havent recievded mine yet... hopefully Monday!

rgrunds

New
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:28 pm

Re: 2018 July DC Bar/Why do they bifurcate result reporting

Postby rgrunds » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:41 pm

Anyone know why they bifurcate the score reporting? Why do the people who didn't pass get notified the week of Nov. 14th and those who passed get notified after November 19th?

Is it to give the people who didn't pass more time to submit review requests?

Bob

LaShuanMichelle

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:01 am

Re: 2018 July DC Bar/Why do they bifurcate result reporting

Postby LaShuanMichelle » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:33 am

rgrunds wrote:Anyone know why they bifurcate the score reporting? Why do the people who didn't pass get notified the week of Nov. 14th and those who passed get notified after November 19th?

Is it to give the people who didn't pass more time to submit review requests?

Bob


Im not sure but I dont think that is the reason since applicants are given time to submit their request for a review, this time overlaps the notification process. As a repeat taker it has been this way for the last 3 times I have taken it.

One thing I have noticed is the number of ppl sitting for the DC bar exam has significantly increased since DC went to UBE. It was around 300 in 2015 to 1700 people in 2018.

rgrunds

New
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:28 pm

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby rgrunds » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:03 am

Congratulations on your persistence. What an experience for you.

LaShuanMichelle

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:01 am

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby LaShuanMichelle » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:52 pm

rgrunds wrote:Congratulations on your persistence. What an experience for you.


Thank you! I was so close every time. This was my 3rd consective attempt & I have to say I was exhausted & was planning to take off a year and retake the entire exam if I didnt pass this time around.

I did better after each attempt. The biggest difference between this time & the last two previous times (besides the fact that I only had to do the MPT/MEE this time) was that I did CRAC instead of IRAC & I purchased old MEE & I practiced with those.

Previously I did not use old MEEs, I used the bar prep materials exclusively.

My advise to anyone that did not pass is to go to the review, take as many notes as you can about how you did, evaluate your strengths & weaknesses & most importantly DONT GIVE UP!

rgrunds

New
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:28 pm

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby rgrunds » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:59 pm

LaShuanMichelle wrote:
rgrunds wrote:Congratulations on your persistence. What an experience for you.


Thank you! I was so close every time. This was my 3rd consective attempt & I have to say I was exhausted & was planning to take off a year and retake the entire exam if I didnt pass this time around.

I did better after each attempt. The biggest difference between this time & the last two previous times (besides the fact that I only had to do the MPT/MEE this time) was that I did CRAC instead of IRAC & I purchased old MEE & I practiced with those.

Previously I did not use old MEEs, I used the bar prep materials exclusively.

My advise to anyone that did not pass is to go to the review, take as many notes as you can about how you did, evaluate your strengths & weaknesses & most importantly DONT GIVE UP!


Using the old exams is very important. It shows you the thematic content of the exams. You don't have to know everything, you just need to focus on certain fundamentals and know them well.

Lawmakers

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:03 pm

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby Lawmakers » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:18 pm

Is there a swearing in Ceremony for DC Attorneys scheduled in December? If so, what’s the date? Thanks!

mec215

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:47 am

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby mec215 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:58 am

Lawmakers wrote:Is there a swearing in Ceremony for DC Attorneys scheduled in December? If so, what’s the date? Thanks!

Do you mean attorneys waiving in from another state or folks who passed the July exam? July exam takers are sworn in on Jan. 25.

Nicolena.

Bronze
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:44 am

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby Nicolena. » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:55 pm

Is there a way to get a breakdown on the MBE or is that only in other jurisdictions?

rgrunds

New
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:28 pm

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby rgrunds » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:06 pm

Anybody get a notice about swearing in? They said they would be sent Dec. 11 and forward.

RecruiterMan

New
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:58 am

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby RecruiterMan » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:56 pm

rgrunds wrote:Anybody get a notice about swearing in? They said they would be sent Dec. 11 and forward.

yeah lol @ that actually going out on time (so nope have not seen anything)

rgrunds

New
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:28 pm

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby rgrunds » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:18 pm

OK. Thanks.

rgrunds

New
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:28 pm

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby rgrunds » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:51 pm

wwwcol wrote:Idk if y’all saw but they changed the page on C&F step 3. It now says they start doing C&F after results come out and that most C&F apps are reviewed within 2-3 months after results come out. So looks like a Jan/Feb swearing in. This is nuts.


Hi. Where can I find the page on which they changed C and F step 3? All I can find is the rule (46(g) I think) which says they finish or really try to finish C and F for the UBE by the time results are released.

Thanks.

rgrunds

New
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:28 pm

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby rgrunds » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:01 pm

rgrunds wrote:
wwwcol wrote:Idk if y’all saw but they changed the page on C&F step 3. It now says they start doing C&F after results come out and that most C&F apps are reviewed within 2-3 months after results come out. So looks like a Jan/Feb swearing in. This is nuts.


Hi. Where can I find the page on which they changed C and F step 3? All I can find is the rule (46(g) I think) which says they finish or really try to finish C and F for the UBE by the time results are released.

Thanks.



46(g)

For applicants who apply to take the UBE in this jurisdiction, the Committee shall endeavor to complete its character and fitness inquiry so as to be in a position to recommend for or against a successful bar examinee's admission to the practice of law no later than the time the results of the UBE are available. This time limitation is aspirational only, and may be extended when circumstances so require.



Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], sleeplessindc, teacup4lyf and 36 guests