2018 July DC Bar

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
reign1480

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:58 am

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby reign1480 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:06 am

I am a July 2018 test taker and have been waiting, patiently, for my certificate as well. Frustrating that we cannot make any income at the moment, considering this awkward limbo period we find ourselves in.

I called on Monday and was asked if I had already spoke to someone. Not quite sure if she meant that day or on one of the other 500 occasions I called. So I said no and gave her my name. She said they "had my report" and that they should "get to me" this week or early next week. I am presuming she was referring to the NCBE report? Before I could clarify, the call was disconnected.

Hopefully "get to me" means that they will be issuing the certificate. I will keep you updated.

nagy1

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:50 pm

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby nagy1 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:54 pm

certification received!

rgrunds

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:28 pm

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby rgrunds » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:56 pm

nagy1 wrote:
rgrunds wrote:
nagy1 wrote:
rgrunds wrote:
Rufussteck wrote:Has anyone heard anything since the February bar ended? Are us July passers a priority again? Any appetite for a lawsuit?


I called last week. Got a very nice lady on the phone. Promised to call back. Haven't heard anything.



Same. She said I would hear back Monday (yesterday) I called today but they dont take calls from 12p-3p. Im going try again at3p


Let us know what happens.



Called back yesterday.Got a not so nice lady. She said " I dont know who you spoke to but we don't call people." I left my name as instructed. Called again today and got the same individual. Left my name again and she said if I didn't hear anything in a week to call back.
I thought I saw somewhere, maybe this thread, that someone called 17x and finally got their certification. Not sure if annoying them is a good strategy but I think persistence is key.


You probably got the head of the department. She's stressing. Tries to be fair, but she's under scrutiny and can be impatient. I wonder if the staff is large enough?

rgrunds

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:28 pm

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby rgrunds » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:57 pm

nagy1 wrote:certification received!


Eeyay!

rgrunds

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:28 pm

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby rgrunds » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:34 pm

Anybody still waiting?

Rufussteck

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:00 am

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby Rufussteck » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:18 pm

rgrunds wrote:Anybody still waiting?

Rufussteck

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:00 am

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby Rufussteck » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:20 pm

rgrunds wrote:Anybody still waiting?
[/quote]

Yep, still haven’t heard a thing. Good thing my pay grade is tied to bar membership....

rgrunds

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:28 pm

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby rgrunds » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:00 pm

Rufussteck wrote:
rgrunds wrote:Anybody still waiting?


Yep, still haven’t heard a thing. Good thing my pay grade is tied to bar membership....[/quote]

That's miserable. A guy on this board applied for reciprocity...last January.....2018....and still hasn't heard.

One person on the message section for the DCist article claims to not have a certification after having passed the July 2017 bar.

See "Sally" in the comments. Sounds hard to believe.

Hendy

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:06 pm

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby Hendy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:36 pm

They aren't answering the phone today even during "phone" hours.

rgrunds

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:28 pm

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby rgrunds » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:58 pm

Hendy wrote:They aren't answering the phone today even during "phone" hours.


They must be working on the file of the guy who asked for reciprocity in January of 2018.

rgrunds

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:28 pm

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby rgrunds » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:34 pm

Any new certifications over the past week?

wwwcol

Bronze
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:57 am

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby wwwcol » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:09 pm

rgrunds wrote:Any new certifications over the past week?

Not yet certified but my waiver app recently went from pending receipt to received. Applied a year ago. Hope the review doesn’t take several months.

rgrunds

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:28 pm

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby rgrunds » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:24 am

wwwcol wrote:
rgrunds wrote:Any new certifications over the past week?

Not yet certified but my waiver app recently went from pending receipt to received. Applied a year ago. Hope the review doesn’t take several months.


This kind of delay for a waive in? Hard to believe. What are the processes in that office?

barkschool

Silver
Posts: 980
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:05 am

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby barkschool » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:04 pm

rgrunds wrote:
wwwcol wrote:
rgrunds wrote:Any new certifications over the past week?

Not yet certified but my waiver app recently went from pending receipt to received. Applied a year ago. Hope the review doesn’t take several months.


This kind of delay for a waive in? Hard to believe. What are the processes in that office?


I was recently admitted via waiver. Whole process was about 13 mo

rgrunds

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:28 pm

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby rgrunds » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:55 pm

barkschool wrote:
rgrunds wrote:
wwwcol wrote:
rgrunds wrote:Any new certifications over the past week?

Not yet certified but my waiver app recently went from pending receipt to received. Applied a year ago. Hope the review doesn’t take several months.


This kind of delay for a waive in? Hard to believe. What are the processes in that office?


I was recently admitted via waiver. Whole process was about 13 mo


Good for you. 13 months is offensive.



Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Applicant2018, keepgoing2016, pacnw1234, TheJuryMustDie and 15 guests