2018 July DC Bar

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
mec215

New

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Postby mec215 » Wed May 30, 2018 3:32 pm

LLBJD wrote:Did anyone get an email saying that their application to sit for the exam has been accepted? I did not get one, but on the website, it says that my application to sit for the exam has been accepted.

Yes - I got an email with the subject line "DCCA Office of Admissions: Acknowledgement Email" which said that my application was accepted. Maybe check your spam or add relay@dcbar.org to your trusted senders list.

radio1nowhere

Bronze

Postby radio1nowhere » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:00 pm

mec215 wrote:
LLBJD wrote:Did anyone get an email saying that their application to sit for the exam has been accepted? I did not get one, but on the website, it says that my application to sit for the exam has been accepted.

Yes - I got an email with the subject line "DCCA Office of Admissions: Acknowledgement Email" which said that my application was accepted. Maybe check your spam or add relay@dcbar.org to your trusted senders list.

I also never got an email (checked spam folder — not there) but the website says "Congratulations! Your application has been reviewed and accepted. You are now approved to sit for the upcoming UBE Exam." Weird.

Unrelatedly, does anyone know if there will be somewhere at the convention center we can store suitcases during the exam?

hanner22

New

Postby hanner22 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:45 am

radio1nowhere wrote:
mec215 wrote:

I also never got an email (checked spam folder — not there) but the website says "Congratulations! Your application has been reviewed and accepted. You are now approved to sit for the upcoming UBE Exam." Weird.

Unrelatedly, does anyone know if there will be somewhere at the convention center we can store suitcases during the exam?

There is a place where they allow you to store your jackets, bags & lunches. I'm not sure if they will allow suitcases. However, the examiners were pretty lax about belongings. People had study materials and their phones out even though the instructions indicated the they were prohibited so you might be able to get away with it. The hotel was able to hold my suitcase until after the exam. I think that is your best bet.

Nicolena.

Bronze

Postby Nicolena. » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:47 pm

I am staying a little over a mile away from the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. How early would you guys suggest leaving? I'm going to just use a Lyft/Uber. It says 10 mins away. I planned to leave 30 mins early.

I'm too nervous to risk transit. Idk if transit is anything like NJ/NY, but people get stuck on trains or there are delays all the time. I figured if somehow traffic is that bad, I could always leave the lyft and just walk the remainder of the way to the convention center.

Any tips appreciated! Thanks!

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?