2018 July DC Bar Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
greatheights

New

2018 July DC Bar

Post by greatheights » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:49 pm

Starting a thread for all the July DC bar exam folks. Share tips, discuss, and hopefully celebrate at the end!

mec215

New

Re: 2018 July DC Bar

Post by mec215 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:46 am

Checking in! I'm doing Barbri online, and I got an Adaptibar subscription. What's everyone else's initial game plan?

kittenmittens

New

Post by kittenmittens » Thu May 10, 2018 5:47 pm

Question about part of the online application on the DC Courts website. In the "NCBE Character & Fitness" portion of the application when I go to complete this step they ask to upload a "proof of release". Is supposed to be a copy of the notarized release form I sent to NCBE? Just sent the release forms and payment slip priority to NCBE today. Thanks

mec215

New

Post by mec215 » Mon May 14, 2018 3:21 pm

kittenmittens wrote:Question about part of the online application on the DC Courts website. In the "NCBE Character & Fitness" portion of the application when I go to complete this step they ask to upload a "proof of release". Is supposed to be a copy of the notarized release form I sent to NCBE? Just sent the release forms and payment slip priority to NCBE today. Thanks
Not sure whether you've already figured this out, but you are supposed to upload a PDF copy of the C&F application from the NCBE website. It is confusing that they say to upload "proof of release," but the NCBE website states that you should upload the actual application on DC's website. This is what I did and my application was accepted by DC.

Krissynateylee

Bronze

Post by Krissynateylee » Wed May 16, 2018 5:13 pm

Just found out my name is not on the list... :cry: july it is for me

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

greatheights

New

Post by greatheights » Wed May 16, 2018 5:32 pm

Checking in :) I'm doing Barbri and Adaptibar

JustJustice

New

Post by JustJustice » Wed May 16, 2018 9:14 pm

Retaking in July... hopefully only a part if my MBE is high enough. Will find out once DC emails us next week.

LaShuanMichelle

New

Post by LaShuanMichelle » Fri May 18, 2018 10:33 am

I’m checking in... still waiting for my score breakdown to decide whether I will retake in July or next Feb.

LaShuanMichelle

New

Post by LaShuanMichelle » Fri May 18, 2018 5:36 pm

Just received my score breakdown... missed by 9 points! Good news, I only have to retake Essay portion! I’ll be retaking it in July!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jjjddd

New

Post by jjjddd » Mon May 21, 2018 1:32 am

Has anyone that failed February tried to register for July. My understanding is we are suppose to upload our old C&F application reflecting that we took the February bar. However, the C&F tab for me has a lock on it. Hence, there is no way to upload anything to that tab. I can't find any other way to upload into the C&F tab.

Then, I look around and there is a start a new application button, even though I don't think that is what we are suppose to do, I hit it and all that does is taje me to the main commitee page.

What is going on? Is everyone experiencing the same? Any advice would be appreciated? HOW FUSTRATING!

Krissynateylee

Bronze

Post by Krissynateylee » Mon May 21, 2018 11:52 am

I have a new never used set of 2017 Kaplan bar review materials ( MBE practice & answers, MBE outline materials, MPT-MEE bar points and MEE subjects outline materials)for sale or for whoever is interested for either trading with Barbri/Themis Materials. Email me at cpamba@iu.edu

LLBJD

New

Post by LLBJD » Mon May 21, 2018 1:32 pm

Hi! First time taker and using Barbri.

Does anyone know when do we have to register our laptops? I registered for the exam already and got accepted but did not receive any confirmation or information about laptop registration.

cho8583

New

Post by cho8583 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:47 am

For those who passed MBE or MEE/MPT part of the exam in Feb and waiving in with the passing score, could you teach me how I can transfer my score to July exam? Do I have to use NCBE's score report service transferring my score to DC?

Thanks!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

PoliLaw

New

Post by PoliLaw » Tue May 22, 2018 11:54 am

cho8583 wrote:For those who passed MBE or MEE/MPT part of the exam in Feb and waiving in with the passing score, could you teach me how I can transfer my score to July exam? Do I have to use NCBE's score report service transferring my score to DC?

Thanks!
Yes go to ncbe score report and transfer UBE score to DC. Then when you have done so, email a confirmation to DC and register for just the portion of the exam you need to retake. When it got close to the exam they still sent me an admission ticket for both parts and then when I told them I was only taking one part they said to just disregard the other ticket.

nosocat

Bronze

Post by nosocat » Wed May 23, 2018 1:15 pm

Checking in. I am using Barbri and probably will later purchase Adaptibar or a book with additional question sets. Good luck to everyone!

greatheights

New

Post by greatheights » Thu May 24, 2018 3:53 pm

Are folks doing the mbe immersion? I didn't start it early on the 22nd so Barbri has me scheduled for that instead of the torts lecture for the first day.

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Fri May 25, 2018 1:09 am

greatheights wrote:Are folks doing the mbe immersion? I didn't start it early on the 22nd so Barbri has me scheduled for that instead of the torts lecture for the first day.
I’m a day behind. But I’d recommend doing the mbe immersion. The videos actually give some advice on how to approach certain types of questions - con law, evidence, etc.

If you wanted you could probably do both mbe immersion days in one day. The lectures are about 7 hrs a day but if you listen on double speed it’s about half the time.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LLBJD

New

Post by LLBJD » Fri May 25, 2018 12:35 pm

Does anyone know when laptop registration is? Do we get notified that it opened?

LLBJD

New

Post by LLBJD » Fri May 25, 2018 5:07 pm

Also, did anyone receive a confirmation that their application to sit for the exam has been accepted? I did not receive one, but on the website it says that my application has been accepted to sit for the exam.

anikaro

New

Post by anikaro » Tue May 29, 2018 11:20 am

PoliLaw wrote:
cho8583 wrote:For those who passed MBE or MEE/MPT part of the exam in Feb and waiving in with the passing score, could you teach me how I can transfer my score to July exam? Do I have to use NCBE's score report service transferring my score to DC?

Thanks!
Yes go to ncbe score report and transfer UBE score to DC. Then when you have done so, email a confirmation to DC and register for just the portion of the exam you need to retake. When it got close to the exam they still sent me an admission ticket for both parts and then when I told them I was only taking one part they said to just disregard the other ticket.
Do you guys know how to transfer the February C&F for July bar exam?

LaShuanMichelle

New

Post by LaShuanMichelle » Wed May 30, 2018 5:52 am

Lots of helpful info here! I’m all registered! Application accepted! Almost forgot to send my transferred score over so thanks for the reminder for the person that posted that info!

Yes, I agree also quite confusing about what part of the C&F to upload when submitting your application... finally figured out it is the PDF of the actual application. Also the supplemental application for me was really the review & updating of the entire application. Thank goodness it was only $90 for the supplemental C&F application.

Has anyone received their score breakdown for the MPT/MEE? Also is anyone planning to go to the review on June 13th? I went last year when I was unsuccessful and it was very helpful to see your review, we were also able to talk with other students during the review. If anyone is going we can possible sit together & possible share tips of what we learned from the review.

Lastly, I’m looking for strategy and tips on how to tackle the MEE/MPT. I feel like I did okay on the MEE, I used IRAQ... MPT is where I think I lost all my points... I didn’t invest much time in format & I think that’s why I didn’t have enough points. This time I’m hoping to put more time into format so any tips anyone has would be greatly appreciated!!

With the new limitation on attempts (you only get 4 times) for the DC Bar, I really have to pass this time around!! This will be my 3rd try...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mec215

New

Post by mec215 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:19 am

Has anyone figured out how to upload the final law school certification form? I uploaded the provisional certification form pre-graduation, and now I have the final version. However, there's nowhere to upload it, since the provisional one was submitted.

mec215

New

Post by mec215 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:26 am

mec215 wrote:Has anyone figured out how to upload the final law school certification form? I uploaded the provisional certification form pre-graduation, and now I have the final version. However, there's nowhere to upload it, since the provisional one was submitted.
Update: Just called and they said the Provisional form was "approved" in error. So, if you can't upload your final certification form, give them a call and they will "reject" your provisional form so that you can upload the final form post-graduation.

mec215

New

Post by mec215 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:34 am

LLBJD wrote:Does anyone know when laptop registration is? Do we get notified that it opened?
The application instructions say that laptop registration information will be available in June.

LLBJD

New

Post by LLBJD » Wed May 30, 2018 2:29 pm

Did anyone get an email saying that their application to sit for the exam has been accepted? I did not get one, but on the website, it says that my application to sit for the exam has been accepted.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”