How much is 3 points on the UBE? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ORHopeful

New

How much is 3 points on the UBE?

Post by ORHopeful » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:57 am

I took the Oregon UBE in February. Failed, and when my score came back it was pretty much just what I imagined.

I had a 138 for the MBE and a 133 for the written.

My main ambition for the exam was having a high enough score to waive into SOMEWHERE, which I can waive my score into Washington State which I'm definitely considering, and Washington has reciprocity with Oregon after 3 years anyways. I do not need to be licensed in Oregon for my job but it would definitely help. Being licensed in D.C. would also be helpful.

Is it worth retaking in July over 3 points? How much more do I really need to make up for another 3 points?

For what it is worth, I was heavily underprepared for the February exam. I did minimal minimal studying for the written portion which is what my score reflected. There were 2 essays I wrote maybe 2 paragraphs on, so I'm sure those were scored horrendously. The rest of the essays I kind of half assed. I did maybe 7-10 hours of MBE studying a week. If I want to pass in July, how do I really tackle these essays?

Or do I waive into Washington and then D.C. and call it a day?

holaconquistadora

New

Re: How much is 3 points on the UBE?

Post by holaconquistadora » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:55 pm

I'm interested to know, too. Same boat, missed by 3 points. Already decided to retake in July. Barely got through a third of bar prep last time, so I'm hoping that with a bit of a push, I'll get there. Maybe even get enough for Alaska!

JoeSeperac

Re: How much is 3 points on the UBE?

Post by JoeSeperac » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:23 pm

If you answered 4 more MBE questions correctly, you would have passed.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”