Therapy Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
IamKrisBars

New

Therapy

Post by IamKrisBars » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:21 pm

Will seeing a therapist or a psychiatrist ever come up in the ethics portion of the bar exam? A little more detail, I'm considering going to try to help with unresolved issues stemming from a car accident my father was in.. its not a court ordered situation.

Guccifer91

New

Re: Therapy

Post by Guccifer91 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:11 pm

IamKrisBars wrote:Will seeing a therapist or a psychiatrist ever come up in the ethics portion of the bar exam? A little more detail, I'm considering going to try to help with unresolved issues stemming from a car accident my father was in.. its not a court ordered situation.
You wanna make seeing the shrink something anyone other than yourself genuinely cares about, that is your choice and little more. Do I need to report that I don’t see the shrink despite hurdling through the rigors of life? Stop seeing it as a choice not worthy of absolute privacy. I’d say start respect yourself enough to see it this way.

nixy

Gold

Re: Therapy

Post by nixy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:39 pm

I have no idea what the above post means, but if it's anything other than answer the questions asked of you, I would ignore it. Seeing a therapist won't come up on the ethics portion of the bar exam, no, but it will be part of the questionnaire you have to complete for character and fitness, in that you usually have to report mental health treatment. If there is a question about it, you need to answer it honestly. There is often an exemption for situational stuff like grief counseling, which your treatment may fall into, but it will depend on your diagnosis/exact goal in therapy. As long as the person treating you can say that what you're being treated for won't be an obstacle to practicing law (which it doesn't sound like it would be), you're fine.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”