KY February 2018 Bar Results

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Rhiannon17

New

KY February 2018 Bar Results

Postby Rhiannon17 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:48 pm

Anyone else awaiting February 2018 Bar results for Kentucky?

We are supposed to find out April 6.

In past years, they've always published a pass list by seat number, but for some reason, this time, they are just emailing all applicants their results individually.

I took the KY bar for the first time in July 2017 and failed very, very narrowly. So narrowly, in fact, that it made me sick. I really hope to find out good news in about 3 days.

b290

Bronze

Re: KY February 2018 Bar Results

Postby b290 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:16 am

Rhiannon17 wrote:...In past years, they've always published a pass list by seat number, but for some reason, this time, they are just emailing all applicants their results individually...

The OBA wants to protect its servers from Friday’s onslaught :lol:

Rhiannon17 wrote:I took the KY bar for the first time in July 2017 and failed very, very narrowly. So narrowly, in fact, that it made me sick. I really hope to find out good news in about 3 days.

When you miss by that much, that’s not on you. You could literally take the same exam and passed on a different administration. What constitutes as passing varies enough that you can’t blame yourself.

It’d be a safe presumption that you did some things to improve. That, plus the July’s slim margin (meaning your hurdle isn’t as big) should be enough to pass. In the worst case scenario (of a negative result), your coming so close means you can - and WILL - pass.

But we’re not dwelling on that :D Sending you some good vibes. Good luck!

My $.02

Rhiannon17

New

Re: KY February 2018 Bar Results

Postby Rhiannon17 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:00 am

Thanks, b290.

If I had gotten 2 more MBE questions correct and scored 10 more raw points on one single essay (KY has 12 essays worth 100 points each), I would have passed. I seriously feel like I could have taken the exact same test on a different day and passed.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?