Re-takers Club (Illinois)

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
dcisneat

New

Re-takers Club (Illinois)

Postby dcisneat » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:29 pm

Hi everybody,

I sure as many of you know the IL Feb results came out today and it's looking pretty bleak on the passing. But that's not why I'm writing. I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in forming a casual "loser's club." Since people are all over the place in terms of how many times they've failed, their personal situations, what they've learned from past failures, etc. I thought it might be a way to kind of help each other out during this crappy time of self-doubt and uncertainty.

Failing sucks. It really sucks. Every time it gets more expensive, you lose whatever default group support you had before (such as if you took it for the first time with your class and everyone seems to pass), no one wants to admit they failed so it's quite isolating, unexpected situations pop up, and you have to deal with life in general while preparing. Frankly, the whole dealing with life and retaking part is the hardest I think (personally). Because whatever your current status is (older/younger, first fail/multi-fail, married/single/dating, job riding on passing, others costs, having LD/other disabilities, etc.) there is so much pressure coming from every direction, and the out-of-the-woodwork/Murphy's law crap might just be waiting around the corner.

All that being said, I am aware, as I am sure many re-takers are, that there are tutoring services and other ways to prep aside from the rigidly scheduled bar review courses. These might be very helpful, but I think that there also might be some good to having a kind of support group even if it's just a listserv or something. Or meet up if people are in the Chicago area. If anyone feels the same way, pm me and I'd be happy to set something up.

Just a thought given this crappy, disappointing day.

dcisneat

New

Re: Re-takers Club (Illinois)

Postby dcisneat » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:50 pm

And since I don't usually lurk about the TLS forums (I have settings from like the LSAT days XD, you can hit me at chibarclub@gmail.com.

dcisneat

New

Re: Re-takers Club (Illinois)

Postby dcisneat » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:20 pm

I'm not a big lurker on TLS (or much but GameFaqs tbh), but feel free to email me at chibarclub@gmail.com if the PMing is wonky or email is easier. Haven't changed settings in like forever, so alternate means of expressing interest. Also, if this comes out as a double, apologies, pets + touch screens = :evil:

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum�