PA Bar Exam Thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
barprep4ever

New

PA Bar Exam Thread

Post by barprep4ever » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:41 pm

I guess I'll start this one. Thoughts on the exam?

JoLaw824

New

Re: PA Bar Exam Thread

Post by JoLaw824 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:53 pm

Died laughing at the annulment essay. During prep I joked that if that was in a fact pattern, it would be the one question I got right in family law.

Overall, I thought it was fair. I made up the definition of a valid trust because I hardly studied that, but I'm hopeful my analysis was sufficient enough to award me points in areas where the law may not be exact. I write well, so I hope that helps me. I definitely ran out of time on both sessions though, so who knows. MBE I thought was also fair. One set of 100 was harder than the other, definitely hit a stride in the 2nd set of 100 and felt good. I know I prepared to my fullest so I just hope it was enough to pass. I took Themis, and was very happy with how they prepared me.

MissT

New

Post by MissT » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:06 pm

I was a little surprised to see the essay question on trusts, since trusts aren't tested frequently and the Wills lecturer told us to focus on wills for this reason but... there it was! Overall I thought the essay questions were pretty straightforward. The MBE was a totally different story. I did Barbri and was repeatedly told that Barbri questions generally and the Barbri midterm specifically were harder than the real thing. I actually found the real MBE much harder, although perhaps my perception is skewed by the inclusion of the 25 experimental questions (which are undoubtedly harder than the scored questions).

JoLaw824

New

Post by JoLaw824 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:11 pm

MissT wrote:I was a little surprised to see the essay question on trusts, since trusts aren't tested frequently and the Wills lecturer told us to focus on wills for this reason but... there it was! Overall I thought the essay questions were pretty straightforward. The MBE was a totally different story. I did Barbri and was repeatedly told that Barbri questions generally and the Barbri midterm specifically were harder than the real thing. I actually found the real MBE much harder, although perhaps my perception is skewed by the inclusion of the 25 experimental questions (which are undoubtedly harder than the scored questions).
I did barbri the time I failed and it honestly pisses me off how much their MBE questions did not reflect the exam. They are so expensive, my law school basically made you feel like you had to take barbri to pass, and the Themis MBE questions were dead ringers for the test. I failed for far many more reasons than Barbris program, so you are totally beyond fine - I don’t want to insinuate otherwise. But if they’re going to continue to charge a European vacation for their prep program they need to get their shhhhht together.

Acdc54

New

Post by Acdc54 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:00 pm

I thought the last essay was tough especially the evidence questions. I was stumped.

Also, I wasn’t sure what the contracts damages question was asking for. Totally agree about the curveball with trusts, and I am worried I didn’t nail all of the elements on some things.

I failed July 2017 by one point. I never leave the MBe feeling like I aced it. So, I guess time will tell.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Acdc54

New

Post by Acdc54 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:05 pm

I agree with the curveball with trusts. I was stumped on the contracts damages question, and had no clue what the one evidence issue was on the last essay.

Hopefully, I did decent enough to pass. I failed July 2017 by a single point. The MBE is always a whirlwind for me, but I definitely felt somewhat better.

I also know I missed some elements on things for the essays, but fingers crossed. My timing was crappy on the second half of the essays too because there was just so much asked in each question. WOOF!

MissT

New

Post by MissT » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:18 am

Acdc54 wrote:I agree with the curveball with trusts. I was stumped on the contracts damages question, and had no clue what the one evidence issue was on the last essay.

Hopefully, I did decent enough to pass. I failed July 2017 by a single point. The MBE is always a whirlwind for me, but I definitely felt somewhat better.

I also know I missed some elements on things for the essays, but fingers crossed. My timing was crappy on the second half of the essays too because there was just so much asked in each question. WOOF!
Yeah, I was sort of stumped on that contracts damages questions. Just made up the law/guessed what the right result should be and moved on. By the time I got to the last essay, I was racing frantically against the clock. That last question had something like eight different sub-parts. I was so pressed for time and had a hard time allocating my time between all the different sub-questions that I ended up writing just one sentence for one of them, because I simply ran out of time.

My fingers are crossed for you that you passed. Having failed by one point in July must have be absolutely maddening!

Acdc54

New

Post by Acdc54 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:52 am

This wait is awful.

JoLaw824

New

Post by JoLaw824 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:33 pm

Acdc54 wrote:This wait is awful.
It seems as though there were a lot less people taking PA this Feb? He said 500 something? Wondering if that will result in an earlier result posting. Past precedent would have us at April 13.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MissT

New

Post by MissT » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:34 pm

The wait is killing me too.

Has anyone heard from character and fitness? I got a letter on friday with a request for some additional info. I’m wondering if they sent letters to everyone whose file is not complete, or if they sent letters only to those who passed. Who knows...

JoLaw824

New

Post by JoLaw824 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:21 am

Anyone else read / hear that we may get results this Friday?

I'm not mentally prepared for that :cry:

MissT

New

Post by MissT » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:09 pm

JoLaw824 wrote:Anyone else read / hear that we may get results this Friday?

I'm not mentally prepared for that :cry:
Yes, I saw that. I felt a little sick when I read that, but I’m ready to be able to put the bar behind me, or clear my calendar for June and July :x

JoLaw824

New

Post by JoLaw824 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:43 pm

Last year Feb results were released Friday April 7 - so expect the email tomorrow or Wednesday, and results this Friday.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JoLaw824

New

Post by JoLaw824 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:08 pm

JoLaw824 wrote:Last year Feb results were released Friday April 7 - so expect the email tomorrow or Wednesday, and results this Friday.
I stand corrected! Hopefully this is a good sign? Looking like next weekend I guess.

Acdc54

New

Post by Acdc54 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:45 pm

I was banking on this Friday, and was waiting anxiously for that email to come through yesterday. This is late for PA. Usually it is the first Friday of April.

Bimmerfan

New

Post by Bimmerfan » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:03 am

Definitely late for PA. Maybe due to the location change?

Good luck guys!

ProfessionalWaiter

New

Post by ProfessionalWaiter » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:17 pm

Acdc54 wrote:I was banking on this Friday, and was waiting anxiously for that email to come through yesterday. This is late for PA. Usually it is the first Friday of April.
I was, too! Even though it's a scary time, I'm just ready to be done with this exam one way or another. At this point it feels like being on a roller coaster waiting for the big drop. Maybe this Friday....

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JoLaw824

New

Post by JoLaw824 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:05 am

ProfessionalWaiter wrote:
Acdc54 wrote:I was banking on this Friday, and was waiting anxiously for that email to come through yesterday. This is late for PA. Usually it is the first Friday of April.
I was, too! Even though it's a scary time, I'm just ready to be done with this exam one way or another. At this point it feels like being on a roller coaster waiting for the big drop. Maybe this Friday....
We should get the email today... Part of me wants to just get it over with, and the other part of me wants to live in ignorance for another week, enjoying the Pens Flyers series Friday night.

fpkjd

New

Post by fpkjd » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:38 pm

I just received the e-mail a few minutes ago.

PA Results will be released Friday 4/13/18 after 3PM. It's also up on the PABLE site under updates.

:D

WVTax21

New

Post by WVTax21 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:45 pm

Awesome. Friday the 13th. As if this could be anymore ominously a sign of despair...

fpkjd

New

Post by fpkjd » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:04 pm

Hoo boy...just three more hours. Ready to jump out of my skin. Hope the date today (Friday 13) is lucky rather than an ill omen.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

PhillyJD

New

Post by PhillyJD » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:37 pm

One more hour and we’ll all know...to say I’m nervous would be a huge understatement

fpkjd

New

Post by fpkjd » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:03 pm

Results just hit. I didn't pass. :-( In fact it looks like relatively few people did pass. Have to try again in July.

b290

Bronze

Post by b290 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:09 pm

I see that the results are out. Good luck to all of you! :D

(Let’s go Pens) :lol:

My $.02

MissT

New

Post by MissT » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:14 pm

I passed! Website says the pass rate for the February 2018 bar is 52 percent. This seems historically low. Anyone know if that’s in fact the case?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”